Corinthian Colleges

Updated January 21, 2015
2.5

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino
Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last (in 9 reviews)

• Great work like balance, good benefits, enjoyed learning and personal growth (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 9 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting

Former Employee - Senior Director in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Newark, NJ

I worked at Corinthian Colleges as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

To collect a pay check

Cons

getting a pay decent check

Pick leaders who know what they are doing

Get out while you can

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Paid time off, medical, dental, eye, life insurances and tuition reimbursement

Cons

NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT SUCCESSFUL

Get your act together!!!

SCAM Alert

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

The pay is pretty decent

Cons

They trick innocent victims into shelling out LOTS of money for a lousy (fake almost) education where they have a VERY low chance of acquiring a career. Sell them the American Dream that they have no chance of obtaining. Use government funded loans to fill the rest.

They don't want advice. They are laughing their way to the bank.

senior management is super below par

Former Employee - Senior Tech Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Tech Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the good thing about the place was the coworkers that's it.

Cons

senior management obsessed with greed, more than willing to throw worker under the bus for a quick profit. a business model that reflects nothing about education and all about bottom line. when I worked there in 2011 it was a good company had the potential to be great, and I am a big believer in education. but management would take any suggestion aimed at improving things for students and ridicule it and take any idea to make more money at any ethical cost and run with it.

go away.

A mediocre company with great, dedicated staff at the campus level that were doomed due to a flawed business model.

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

wonderful and dedicated staff that had a genuine interest in their student's success. Good education for the level at which they were pursuing. Offered help to individuals that wouldn't make it in the traditional post-secondary education realm.

Cons

Company pursued antiquated fear tactics from a regional level that trickled on down to the local leadership. Micromanagement was the norm. Deliberately targeted a challenging demographic with little to no interpersonal skills which, one places, reflected badly on the school (hard to take the ghetto out of some people). Since the students largely came from troubled backgrounds, paying back their loans wasn't a high priority and so CCI had a high default rate, which resulted in negative attention from the Federal Gov't.

Get out!

Corruption Finally Got Up With Them

Former Employee - Purchasing Director in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Purchasing Director in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and pretty decent benefits were offered when I worked there. In fact, most employees were paid above average salaries for what they were doing.

Cons

The Executives are dishonest and lied and cheated the students, the employees, and the Department of Education. They drove the company into the ground and cost thousands of employee's their jobs and left students with a worthless education. My 3 years there involved watching numerous layoffs and school closings while the CEO and his pals took huge bonuses from revenue generated from student loans. Bottom line: Stay away from this company at all cost.

was good

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time

Pros

working with the students and adapting to their learning skills. Seeing the students grow.

Cons

management was impossible to work with. standards always changing. students were seeming told things that were not true.

empower your staff, rather that coming down on your staff in front of students.

Only as a last resort

Former Employee - Student Support Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Student Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays slightly more than similar positions in other call centers.

Cons

The company is a scam, and you are forced to sell that scam to people no matter the cost.

I worked in one of their call centers as a Student Support Specialist. Basically, it was my job to take leads and develop that person's interest enough for me to transfer them to an admissions representative.

These leads are barely a degree above cold. The vast majority of the people you are calling (1-2 times an hour, every hour from 7 AM to 8 PM everyday including weekends) were simply unfortunate enough to not uncheck a small box while filling out a job application. The targets are broke, unemployed and uneducated...a fair amount have barely even earned their GEDs. Don't matter how much they object, you will be docked unless you effectively overcome their objections until you get the transfer.

THEY WILL PROMISE YOU CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE INTERVIEW, THEY ARE LYING.

I took the job thinking of it as an entry level position even though I was over-qualified. I then spent the next year being one of the 'best' agents on my team and taking on new tasks and responsibilities only to see nearly every 'higher' position that was open go to an outside hire. During my year plus at the company, out of the 50+ 'next level' positions that were filled only 3 where granted to call center agents.

DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE...AND START LOOKING FOR A BETTER JOB THE DAY YOU START.

Keep your promises to develop your agents and actually offer advancement to them first instead of hiring from outside.

Realize the reason the company is going bankrupt is because of the drive to enroll students no matter how unqualified nor capable.

Stressful

Former Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people were great... Students ok..

Cons

Targeted low income student .. The Vp's and the regional director of finance was horrible .. Just looking for bigger bonuses.. Horrible campus president at Bensalem ...

Remember the employees that work at the campus.. We are the ones doing the work and not sitting at corporate getting big bonuses ...

Micromanagement at its core!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some really great co-workers.

Cons

The communication is horrible from one site to another.

Get your act together and stop with the top down management style. The people that work here have brains too and are competent to make decisions.

Corinthian Colleges Photos