Corinthian Colleges

Corinthian Colleges Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino

Jack D. Massimino

Pros:
  • "Excellent colleagues, great pay and benefits, nice office building"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Hardworking, dedicated employees, good benefits (but with high employee contribution)"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance can be improved by allowing instructors to have preparation/study time besides at home"
    in 6 reviews
  • "All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awful

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent that's it.

ConsManagement treats employees very poor and unfair and cannot lead a team effectively. Lying to student about big opportunities when they are gonna end up in debt with no job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to respect your employees instead of talking down on them and learn some management skills and you will get better results

Proactive, Goal Oriented Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsGreat leadership ... Excellent room for growth ... Tons of opportunities to contribute and provide recommendations to improve business processes ...

ConsSacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth ...

A roller Coaster Ride!

Lackey (Current Employee)
    Ormond Beach, FL

ProsGreat colleagues, Good Benefits, and Job Satisfaction.

ConsManagement creates undue stress due to poor management styles, We are always worrying if we are going to have a job, or even a pay-check.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at your management and start leading instead of dictating and playing favorites!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sad end

Prosnice people, good work environment

Consoutdated, departments don't work well together

Great Company, Great Opportunity

Santa Ana, CA

ProsCCi truly cares for the success of its students and staff.

ConsAll for-profit colleges have tough regulations and sanctons imposed by the Department of Education.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay transparent with staff. They will respect you more.

It is a great company to work for. They really believe in what they do, the students they serve and the employees.

Training Specialist (Current Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsCommitment to do the right thing. Strong integrity.

ConsCompany is going through some organizational issues that could change the company.

Could be better

Instructor (Current Employee)
    San Bernardino, CA

ProsLove my students...that is about it! Rewarding feeling of helping students change their life.

Consdemanding work hours, inconsistant management, all about attrition rate instead of the respect of the employee. High stress leave rate at San Bernardino campus. Obviously management is not taking care of their employees and only worried about their external customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee burn out. Burnt out to the core!

Less than stellar, but not all bad, that is if you like variances in levels of accountability.

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Salem, OR

ProsEasy come, easy go.
    No one rides you if you are competent.
    Campus president is a rock star.

ConsPay is poor compared to Community colleges
    Company values are inconsitent.
    Bait and switched with pay.
    Only focused on the bottom line, not whats ethical.
    Can't call in sick...

Advice to Senior ManagementComply with federal regulations and actually focus on doing whats right. Stop treating students as ATM's.

They are very unhealthy as well as unethical.

ProsThey used to care for the employees and students. This is no longer the case. Employees now are fearful for the next string of rifs.

ConsManagement operates with fear as the higher ups are looking to please the shareholders. There are broken equipments and lack of supplies for the students due to budget cuts while management takes the visiting executives to five star restaurants and live it up with tuition money.

Employees are also expected to work nights, weekends and holidays.

Upper management forces the employees to lie to potential students in order to hit their enrollment quota. On many occasions I saw students that could not operate a computer or read their admissions paperwork, yet the student was pushed through only to be dropped a month later due to learning difficulties.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your vision. If there is no integrity from the top what makes you think that you will have a healthy or even a profitable school?

Great organization! Focused on students.

Human Resources (Former Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsYou get to work with people who truly care about the students. Fast paced organization.

ConsThe company has regulatory issues due to the government.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the morale up by having constant communication with employees.

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corinthian Colleges reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corinthian Colleges CEO Jack D. Massimino. All 159 reviews posted anonymously by Corinthian Colleges employees.