Corinthian Colleges

Corinthian Colleges Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Corinthian Colleges Chairman and CEO Jack D. Massimino

Jack D. Massimino

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits while they last (in 6 reviews)

• Hardworking, dedicated employees, good benefits (but with high employee contribution) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Sacrificing a bit on work-life balance may be needed to achieve personal growth (in 6 reviews)

• All upper management staff hire friends and colleagues to work for the company (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

A learning experience

Director of Career Services (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsThe compay culture was strong and our mission was clear. Working with students daily and helping them grow professionally and personally is very rewarding.

ConsThe For-Profit education sector is under extreme political pressure and often portrayed unfairly in the press. As a result, enrollment has been down significantly and with that positions are eliminated. Overall, very unstable and zero room for advancemet.

It was great making 100 outbound calls per day to students.

Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThis job is working in customer service within a call center environment.

ConsTrying to get hold of students.

Quality People, Highly misunderstood

Academic Dean (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMaking a huge positive difference in most student's lives, solid training

ConsChallenging students, sector is despised by traditional colleges

Advice to Senior ManagementSadly, too late now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad times at CCI

ProsGreat hours, holidays and PTO.

ConsOver the top stressful with the current situation of being sold, really wish someone had been paying attention to avoid this mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more credit to your employees and what they can contribute, listen to us once in a while.

Corruption, Chaos and no work life balance - If you like that formula then this is the company for you.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThe only thing I can think of to say it that it is located on a very nice corporate campus.

ConsDeceitfulness is encouraged. Corruption throughout. Benefits have been slashed to almost nothing. They are making very irrational decisions that effect everyone else's way of life because they are trying to cut costs anyway they can. Turnover is high right now, so people are wearing different hats with no rewards. People are fed up with the madness and the fact that the CEO got a raise of 5.6 pct and the employees were told there would be no raises because of low enrollments, etc is very unsettling.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make this an easy transition. The company is going under. If you want to stop people from quitting, make their lives easier. They are working for crappy benefits and no raises. Since you are offering next to nothing, you should make it worth their while to stay. You are going to loose good people and you will be left with the bottom of the barrel.

Stay Away

Career Services Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIf you like working in a ghetto environment this is the place for you.

ConsThe culture here is terrible. Senior director is weak. She actually walked off the job.

Dismal Tenure since joining the organization

Director of Admissions (Current Employee)

ProsI have my monies worth in terms of gaining valuable "Agent of Change"experience.

ConsMedia Coverage of the organization and it's overall reputation being tarnished frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your doors and sell-off.

A DRAMA filled roller coaster

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsChanging the lives of students who had no where else to turn. Co-workers are great and very positive to work with. Pay is decent for my area yet not so decent for a profit institution.

ConsThere have been no raises for 2 years yet corporate has received bonuses. The company is under extreme scrutiny for bad business practices over the years. Since the news of potential sales or closures of campuses, my particular campus has seen a mass exodus of great employees. With that said, management has failed, either by their own accord, or for the obvious fact that this place is in the can, to hire new employees to pick up the slack. Everyone left is overworked and seeking another position, all the while trying to keep a smile on their faces while still serving students.
    In the past year, there have been constant layoffs, as well as vacation and benefit cuts to employees.

Need solid proof that the company is going out? Check out COCO on the stock exchange. That's us.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for keeping all of your employees in the dark about the DOE situation. Instead of internally letting us all know that we were reaching impending doom, you decided to let our reputations suffer.
    My advice? Don't EVER go into education ever again. There are people like myself who actually care about changing lives.

They are in Rough Shape!

Project Manager (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThe had such amazing growth in the beginning and there are some amazing people that work there.

ConsSenior management is a mess and the company is under major scrutiny.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more strategic

Decent Job, Shady Company, Great Co-workers

High School Coordinator (Former Employee) South Florida, FL

ProsGreat co-workers. Helped some people who needed the help.

ConsDegree prices were expensive for some of the students. Business practices may have been questionable

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!