Corizon

Corizon Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Woodrow A. Myers, Jr., M.D.

Pros
  • Excellent company, very good responsive management, good benefits, good working condition and healthy environment(in 3 reviews)

• Competitive pay scale, reasonable benefits(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management out of touch, trying to hire at a bargain so they only get new nurses and burnouts(in 4 reviews)

• regional management very uninvolved in the day to day business(in 3 reviews)

Change in leadership philosophy

Vice President Operations (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe have a decent pay scale

ConsJobs are subject to contract term with client, usually 2-5 years.

The company is good but the management is clueless.

ProsGood benefits. flexible scheduling

ConsToo Many managers. policy and procedure changes by word of mouth and nothing in writing. Non medical managers don't understand what we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't take complaints as whining. Understand it means that change is needed. Use another system to inform employees besides word of mouth

Needs consistent direction from the top.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsDecent pay scale. Some great co-workers.

ConsWork-life balance is a struggle. The company seems to chase every "opportunity" - when, in reality, they have about a 20% chance of getting many of these accounts. This means you have multiple departments w/ teams of people jumping through a myriad of hoops to put out proposals they feel will never result in new business….which hurts morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt will be interesting to see how the new CEO directs this organization post-merger (after the other top-dogs battled it out). Will he direct the company in a new direction? Or will his subordinates direct him? I hope he has some fresh ideas, or the company will continue the process of new accounts coming in the front door while other accounts leave through the back door.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been a part of an exceptional medical team for 7 years and enjoyed my time there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent company, very good responsive management, good benefits, good working condition and healthy environment

Consa lot of requests for overtime

Probably depends on what state and in what capacity you work for them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey do know their stuff regarding correctional medicine, pay is reasonable, my administrative job allowed me some flexibility in scheduling which was nice

ConsUpper management does not always understand the importance of safety and quality initiatives; they want to control costs, but have no idea how to do case by case UM; central office unwilling to share info with regional office.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to include regional offices including staff and physicians, in corporate decision making.

Great until the CMS merger/acquisition

Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsAwesome exposure to a unique industry

ConsThe CMS way of doing business is becoming the standard in the new company, Corizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the old PHS way of running things at the site level

Lots of exposure and internal opportunities

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsThe people are great and the pay is competitive. I get exposure to every department. There are tons of people there that will help you develop your skills. Sr management does a wonderful job keeping everyone informed. I'm pleased to work here.

ConsThere was a merger in June of 2011. There are still a few "bad apples" left that refuse to embrace the change. They can be incredibly frustrating at times, but those who refuse to adapt keep slowly disappearing. If they aren't in line with the new vision then they will be replaced when appropriate....as I have already seen this happen. It's a good thing though. To everyone else they just seem lazy, unhappy, and entitled. It's a good thing that they leave in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your staff to place weight on new candidates' potential. Often times inexperienced professionals get turned away, but there are so many eager people who are willing to learn and will become superb performers and HUGE assets to our team. Sometimes they're better hires than experienced professionals who are set in their ways.

Not the same

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsWhen PHS was PHS they were great, when they FIRST merged with CMS they were great, they lost the contract at the prison I worked and won it back 18 months later...wish they hadn't. They no longer care about the individual nurses, just their bottom line. Upper management out of touch, trying to hire at a bargain so they only get new nurses and burnouts. Not a safe environment in a prison for sure.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP underbidding to win contracts so that you can provide proper care and equipment to your nurses

Far from the number one employer choice.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone, unless you like a lot of overtime.

ConsI agree with a previous review, great place to work before the merger. Now they just underpay and work everyone to death. Do not work for this company,

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with your promises, don't just kick he can down the road because you are making money. Give real leadership advice.

Management Politics

Nurse Manager/DON (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co-worker support
    Team building
    Promote creativity in local branch

ConsLack of job opportunities for growth.
    Lack of corporate support: "One solution as a fix all for all locations"

Advice to Senior ManagementNot to treat management staff the same as subordinate staff.
    Observe and comply with individual state labor laws by having
    competent HR staff at each location.

Worked for Corizon? Contribute to the Community!