Corizon

Corizon Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Woodrow A. Myers, Jr., M.D.

Pros
  • Excellent company, very good responsive management, good benefits, good working condition and healthy environment(in 3 reviews)

• Competitive pay scale, reasonable benefits(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management out of touch, trying to hire at a bargain so they only get new nurses and burnouts(in 4 reviews)

• regional management very uninvolved in the day to day business(in 3 reviews)

No More Work-Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brentwood, TN

ProsThe pay and benefits were good.

ConsThe place became micro-managed with too much emphasis on getting a huge amount of work done by requiring lots of overtime during the week which left little time for anything else outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better solution of reaching the work goals instead of overworking your employees and replace those slack employees who are slowing down the process with employees who will give 100%.

Immature, unprofessional DON's

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive pay scale, reasonable benefits

ConsDON's favor personal friends who bully and terrorize other staff members. These bullies are never held accountable for absences, tardiness, incompetance, or non productivity. For these staff members it is a social club while other staff members carry the work load. Non-medical administration are clueless, not understanding why the company can't make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mature leaders that are fair, competent, and don't need to be stroked by their friends to inflate their sense of worth. Administration needs to question how the work is getting done while the DON is holding court with an adoring fan club and realize that some are carrying the workload for many.

Interesting and educational

Facility Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsGood compensation, very educational if you like correctional medicine

ConsCompany administration changed completely and so did their ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change the administration at the top. This was a good company to work for when I started. As soon as the merger took place, the entire ethics and outlook of the company changed. The original owners cared about inmate health as much as their money.. no more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview

ProsLeadership is great and the interview process was not intimidating.

ConsIt is a drive and the traffic can be bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees.

Hostile, horrible culture, unprofessional managers, avoidable sentinel events on a regular basis.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsCorrectional nursing is a rewarding field. Pay is not too bad, accrual of PTO is good as well. Nurses on the unit are great to work with.

ConsPatient care is non-existent. Denying timely care and medication to make money is sick. Company values look good in the handbook, however not applied in practice. Zero "culture of safety". Management on site are bullies, play favorites, outright unprofessional, overly aggressive, and arrogant. Upper management offsite are either clueless to how the sites are run or simply do not care. Reporting all of the above only results in retaliation and hostile targeting. Inadequate training, zero support from managers when more training requested. Turnover is outrageous, not just with nursing staff but Physicians as well- this speaks volumes!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the offices and spend time at the facilities. Interview current employees and hold all levels of management accountable. Instead of targeting those who speak out, consider the truth is somewhere in the middle at least! Denying treatment and medication creates sentinel events- look at the numbers, they are lives lost! Provide training, if employees request more, allow it. This company is not sound enough for motivational speeches on the corporate level to impact front line staff, try building rapport from the bottom up.

negative work environment

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Live Oak, FL

ProsPTO accrual is reasonable for the area job market

Consnegative local work environment, local management has little experience and demonstrates they have no concern for employees. close friends are able to do as they please.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like they are important members of the team, and not numbers to be treated with little respect.

Disorganized

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Capron, VA

ProsGuaranteed hours and guaranteed job

ConsNasty co-workers, medical staff and security. Lacked leadership. Policy and procedures apply for a few and not to all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake suggestions, listen to suggestions and if something is not working actually fix the problem.

All about profit!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Sanderson, FL

ProsPay is ok, will not be sad to leave this company.....promises promises lies liies from corporate headquarters

Consoverworked and under paid, benefits suck, health insurance very costly 290.00 for employee and children only bi weekly

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Nurse opinions and consider their input. Take care of your patients issues.

I have been a nurse for over 20 years and this company was the worst ever,a complete nightmare to work for.

Registered Nurse Staff (Former Employee) Crawfordville, FL

ProsPay was good but not worth it.

ConsBad management, no follow through from senior management, incompetent physicians, bullying, threats, mandated overtime because they couldn't keep staff. PTO hours you couldn't use without getting negative ' points' added up against you. Equipment failure and no replacements. Inmates dying from poor medical care. Unsafe conditions. Fear of retaliation. Hated, hated, hated it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management?

Life changing

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prosextensive training, hands on experience with follow-up

Consout of the box nursing

Worked for Corizon? Contribute to the Community!