Cornerstone OnDemand

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller

Adam Miller

118 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

You're a part of a team, not just another employee here.

Vertical Solutions Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsFlexible working options, they realize that people have a life outside of the office and are accommodating of it. There is also genuine concern in employee development from leadership so you can grow as far as you are willing to work for.

ConsShort staffed, the company is growing quickly which means it almost always feels like there just are not enough people.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more relocation incentives to recruit for headquarters from an applicant pool that isn't limited to the Los Angeles area.

Office space is cool but quality of people in the team is not good.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsCool office environment with average salary. Young crowd.

Cons1. People are not tech savvy there. Mostly do tasks manually instead of writing scripts. and if you suggest them to do some task using scripts. they get mad.
    2. Micro managing by one person created the issue in the team.
    3. They don't see future and don't think about improving the current system.

Advice to Senior Management1. Hire quality people and treat quality people well.

Great Work Environment

Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat people, fantastic benefits, stock options, ability to grow, management that actually cares, a company culture like no other.

Conspay is a little lower than normal, but the ability to grow really helps make up for it.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What you see isn't always what you get...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat team of people working well together
    Internal opportunities for career development
    Great work location

ConsLeadership likes 'YES' people and refuse to see the real picture
    Lack of resources means teams are set up to fail... and burn out
    The company sells itself as somewhere people can have fun all day - not everyone has time for yoga, baking and massages
    Money is spent on 'nice to haves' not 'need to haves'
    Not all departments get to take part in company events/office closures/happy hours due to workload

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring 'YES' people who will paint a pretty picture regardless of the truth
    Spend money on headcount and resources rather than spend it on showing off - employees would prefer extra help and work-life balance to fancy parties, futuristic furnishings and rediculous amounts of food and treats

Nice workers, terrible management, underpaid sweatshop

IT Worker (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsCoworkers are cool and fun. Offices located in beautiful Santa Monica location with nice parking and fountains outside. Many company activities -- albeit ones where the egotistic top management makes a lot of boring speeches. Company stock is stable and increasing steadily in value.

ConsOffice culture is management by fear. Cliques abound -- you have to suck up or flatter your managers to be recognized/rewarded. One top manager even promoted a 'very friendly' coworker based on their 'friendship'. Be prepared to lose your dignity. Many top notch tech-savvy employees had to threaten to leave and lobby hard to coax tiny raises or job advancement. This company employees a large number of non-US nationals on H1 visas and underpays/overworks them. Guess what? This enables them to get away with employing US nationals for lower than average salaries. Unless you belong to certain communities -- in which case you will get the top jobs even if you don't have much by way of qualifications/merit!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat people equally. Stop humiliating and intimidating tech workers. Upper management does not understand technology or the software dev life cycle -- take a few classes!

Smoke and mirrors! Cloud technology bubble is here!

Santa Monica, CA

ProsFree breakfast, snacks and soda

ConsLong lunch lines
    Long hours, limited leadership
    Raises and Stock options were worthless
    Plan and test technology before moving to production, too many fire drills

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a HR company, your HR team needs training
    Treat employees equally, unlimited vacation time is frowned upon
    Serve lunches on all floors, I don't want to waste my time standing in line, but I guess that avoids working so I'm cool with it.
    I was stuck 3 years ago when I had to find a job, this is not a career, so it's time to leave in the next 6 months as the stock options are depreciated.

Exceptional forward-thinking work environment

Corporate Account Development (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsI am valued as an individual and encouraged to contribute as a thought-leader as opposed to simply being told how to do my job (which was every other job I've ever had). I own my role; expectations are set and I'm allowed to do my job with limited guidance so long as I am performing well. However, help and coaching is always available if needed or necessary. The culture here is unsurpassed and we get taken care of very well. Everyone is happy and motivated to succeed individually and for the company.

ConsI actually enjoy a changing environment, but some may consider rapid growth and constant change to be a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Continue to develop and shape this great culture and don't let it run astray as the company grows.

Time to move on I think

(Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe young, fun people.
    Free food, snacks and soda.
    Parking

ConsLow pay, long hours without notice
    Construction in office space
    Dress code - no shorts

Advice to Senior ManagementFriday lunches are great, but standing in line 15 minutes, then running out of meat is bad. So I get there early and hang out until the food gets there, but waste 30 minutes.

Amazing culture

Integration Consultant (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

Pros- Great people
    - The company develops a product you can stand behind with pride
    - Work from home 3 days per week (positoin specific)
    - Career Pathing
    - Up to dateTechnology
    - Ulimited vacation (for salary employees)
    - Competative salary
    - 100% healthcare coverage
    - HQ has 3 floors of amazing work environment
    - Free snacks, drinks, coffee, breakfast (catered M-F)

Cons- While I have only been with the company for a month, I have't experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you. Keep doing what you're doing.

Good culture

Not Disclosing (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsBest reasons would be the culture and a cool looking office.

ConsPerks are not what they seem. Unlimited days off was a really stupid idea because managers make people feel guilty about taking a day off and there's always lots of work to do so you can never take off. Google's model for that is so much better Mr. CEO! Most companies are backing out of it for a reason.
    Also, the managers were promoted here so most have very little experience managing people.
    Also, work-life balance? No such thing here. You're expected to work over the weekend and have email on your personal phone.
    Every day breakfasts are almost a joke because 20 minutes after they're served, they're gone. Can't you for once order enough food?
    Free lunch is once a week and it's poorly organized. You have to stand in line to get it for an hour. Whoever is in charge of that, obviously has no clue how to do this.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's always bad idea to tell your employees to write a positive feedback on glassdoor so the company looks good.

Flag Review
    Cornerstone OnDemand Sr. Director of Talent responded to this review Apr 29, 2014 EditDelete
    Unlimited vacation plans are very rewarding and offer the opportunity to take more time off than employees previously had access to. These plans are unique and they put the responsibility on the ... More

Worked for Cornerstone OnDemand? Contribute to the Community!

Cornerstone OnDemand Videos

Cornerstone OnDemand – Why Work for Us?

Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) is a global leader of cloud-based talent management software solutions. Over 12 million users across 190 countries rely on Cornerstone to maximize their potential, develop their skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cornerstone OnDemand reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cornerstone OnDemand CEO Adam Miller. All 118 reviews posted anonymously by Cornerstone OnDemand employees.