Cornerstone OnDemand

Updated November 13, 2014
4.5

Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Pros
  • The teaming culture is amazing as is the work life balance that is instilled by the company (in 31 reviews)

• The culture is work hard/play hard, and they really mean it (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast and expects every person to be a part of the success (in 30 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is a challenge and not much career opportunities in the Tel Aviv office (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

155 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Most exciting place to work in L.A.

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent products you can be proud of, great leadership, fast growing and lots of opportunity. For me, it's the phenomenal people that make all of the difference. The work is mentally challenging and lots of room to put your thumbprint on what is happening and make a difference. Having Cornerstone on your resume is an attention-getter. This is the place to be!

Cons

This company is in fast growth mode. Depending on your personality, you may dislike wearing hats outside of your core role, or being stretched in new ways. However, if you love being part of a dynamic work environment, have a passion for success, want to grow your career and expand your abilities in a supportive team environment, I want you as a teammate.

Stay focused on scalability.

Love it here. Very satisfied

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love it here. Very satisfied and will be here a long time!

Cons

Wish I could bring my dog.

A wonderful place for developers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been at Cornerstone for 8 months at the time of this review.

The engineering team is filled with extremely bright people and remarkably few egos. Even though the team is very large and people are very busy, team members are always willing to help each other out. There is a feeling of positivity in the air that is very refreshing; you can tell that everyone legitimately enjoys their jobs. Management is very receptive to suggestions and is constantly coming up with new perks to keep employees happy (free on-site massages, an arcade, a yoga room, and quite a bit more). There is an emphasis on continual learning and skills improvement which benefits both the employee and the company.

The work life balance is pretty good. There are crunches and late nights on occasion, but it's never for an extended period of time and you can almost always see it coming and plan for it.

Cons

Processes change very quickly as the company deals with its aggressive growth. Depending on your outlook this is either exciting or frustrating.

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

care about your opinion, executive management is very smart and are making right decision. They provide great benefits such as unlimited vacations, 401k, medical free to employees. Food and drinks are always there

Cons

They need to pay their employees a little higher as what currently people on the open market

I've found my career

Current Employee - Client Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Client Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The open culture, the innovated thinkers, the casual-attire environment, the free snacks and drinks to re-energize, the gym access to workout, the freedom to grow within a role, the fun events and the overall satisfaction I get from working here everyday.

Cons

Thought the snack and candy options are amazing, it would be awesome to have some healthy alternatives. Granola mix, trail mix, vegetables, etc...

I wouldn't change anything about how management operates. I have had nothing but freedom to be able to grow my position the way I believe would best interest the company and most importantly my career.

Amazing place to work at!!!

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time

Pros

Unlimited Vacation, Extraordinary Anniversary Party every year, In House Arcade Room with a Pool Table
    Company also has a sense on giving back to ones who need.
    Its a growing company, so career and monetary wise there are no issues.
    Visionary CEO.

Cons

Over ambitious targets for projects. Less effort for developing the employees.

Amazing people and environment!

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's been said many times, but CSOD really does have it all. The benefits are incomparable - fully paid health coverage, free breakfast and some lunches, yoga/chiropractor/massage/acupuncture, candy wall (!), flexible schedules, young workforce, etc. Plus, it's an energizing environment where everyone is smart and wants to make the company successful. What more could you ask for?

Cons

With a fast-growing company, there will always be some pains. CSOD is not exception. We run fast and sometimes it is too fast for ourselves and our customers. However, the company is learning quickly and refining practices continuously.

Don't lose your exceptional focus on people; people are the backbone of every company!

A company that cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Team Lead Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We practice what we preach. We use the software that we sell to engage the employees we have. It is a place where I work hard and I can see it affect the overall business. Cornerstone has provided me with all the tools that I need to develop and push my career forward. They also provide tons of benefits and as well as a great work environment.

Cons

Some challenges are with growth. As the company grows quickly you must be able to adapt and change how you do things on the fly. Just be ready to adapt and you will succeed.

Some vision into career pathing would be nice. I know that they are currently working on this now though.

Amazing Culture, Great People, Fast Growing, Lot's of Opportunity.

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The people are smart, fun and just great to work with.
    - Very fast growing, ultimately creating opportunities for everyone.
    - Stock options are generous.
    - The company has events all the time (happy hours, beach days, development days, hackathons, etc)

Cons

-Just as with any fast growing company, processes/workflows are being developed as you grow.

Keep up the great work!

One of the greatest, or maybe the best place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cool and nice people, a lot of learning opportunities, awesome benefits and challenging work!

Cons

Not so much really, its been awesome

Cornerstone OnDemand Photos