Cornerstone OnDemand

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller

Adam Miller

Pros
  • There is great work/life balance offered at this company(in 21 reviews)

• work/life balance and smart people to collaborate with(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Short staffed, the company is growing quickly which means it almost always feels like there just are not enough people(in 18 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is a challenge and not much career opportunities in the Tel Aviv office(in 17 reviews)

119 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Talent Management Experts & Cutting Edge Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsBrand leader - the company is "hot" right now, it's exciting to work for an industry leader
    Great leadership - they are passionate, visionary & determined
    Fast growing company - always changing, amazing growth
    Flexible - telecommuting and flexible hours are assumed, as long as you perform, your time is respected
    Excellent managers - they eat the "dog food" - development, rewards, coaching, mentoring, caring
    Pay for performance - the compensation is really good - they understand that happy employees = well paid employees.

ConsResources vary - the organization is growing SO fast, some departments are overwhelmed. However, considering the circumstances, they are handling it well and hiring ASAP
    Our highly technical products require client sophistication, which is challenging for the Majors and Mid-Market clients - many clients simply don't have the resources in place, which poses challenges
    Some days are so busy, work-life balance can be challenging, but somehow I make it work each day and still have time with my family.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! And Thank you!!

You're a part of a team, not just another employee here.

Vertical Solutions Manager (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFlexible working options, they realize that people have a life outside of the office and are accommodating of it. There is also genuine concern in employee development from leadership so you can grow as far as you are willing to work for.

ConsShort staffed, the company is growing quickly which means it almost always feels like there just are not enough people.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more relocation incentives to recruit for headquarters from an applicant pool that isn't limited to the Los Angeles area.

Office space is cool but quality of people in the team is not good.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsCool office environment with average salary. Young crowd.

Cons1. People are not tech savvy there. Mostly do tasks manually instead of writing scripts. and if you suggest them to do some task using scripts. they get mad.
    2. Micro managing by one person created the issue in the team.
    3. They don't see future and don't think about improving the current system.

Advice to Senior Management1. Hire quality people and treat quality people well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat people, fantastic benefits, stock options, ability to grow, management that actually cares, a company culture like no other.

Conspay is a little lower than normal, but the ability to grow really helps make up for it.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Smoke and mirrors! Cloud technology bubble is here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFree breakfast, snacks and soda

ConsLong lunch lines
    Long hours, limited leadership
    Raises and Stock options were worthless
    Plan and test technology before moving to production, too many fire drills

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a HR company, your HR team needs training
    Treat employees equally, unlimited vacation time is frowned upon
    Serve lunches on all floors, I don't want to waste my time standing in line, but I guess that avoids working so I'm cool with it.
    I was stuck 3 years ago when I had to find a job, this is not a career, so it's time to leave in the next 6 months as the stock options are depreciated.

Nice workers, terrible management, underpaid sweatshop

IT Worker (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsCoworkers are cool and fun. Offices located in beautiful Santa Monica location with nice parking and fountains outside. Many company activities -- albeit ones where the egotistic top management makes a lot of boring speeches. Company stock is stable and increasing steadily in value.

ConsOffice culture is management by fear. Cliques abound -- you have to suck up or flatter your managers to be recognized/rewarded. One top manager even promoted a 'very friendly' coworker based on their 'friendship'. Be prepared to lose your dignity. Many top notch tech-savvy employees had to threaten to leave and lobby hard to coax tiny raises or job advancement. This company employees a large number of non-US nationals on H1 visas and underpays/overworks them. Guess what? This enables them to get away with employing US nationals for lower than average salaries. Unless you belong to certain communities -- in which case you will get the top jobs even if you don't have much by way of qualifications/merit!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat people equally. Stop humiliating and intimidating tech workers. Upper management does not understand technology or the software dev life cycle -- take a few classes!

What you see isn't always what you get...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat team of people working well together
    Internal opportunities for career development
    Great work location

ConsLeadership likes 'YES' people and refuse to see the real picture
    Lack of resources means teams are set up to fail... and burn out
    The company sells itself as somewhere people can have fun all day - not everyone has time for yoga, baking and massages
    Money is spent on 'nice to haves' not 'need to haves'
    Not all departments get to take part in company events/office closures/happy hours due to workload

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring 'YES' people who will paint a pretty picture regardless of the truth
    Spend money on headcount and resources rather than spend it on showing off - employees would prefer extra help and work-life balance to fancy parties, futuristic furnishings and rediculous amounts of food and treats

Exceptional forward-thinking work environment

Corporate Account Development (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI am valued as an individual and encouraged to contribute as a thought-leader as opposed to simply being told how to do my job (which was every other job I've ever had). I own my role; expectations are set and I'm allowed to do my job with limited guidance so long as I am performing well. However, help and coaching is always available if needed or necessary. The culture here is unsurpassed and we get taken care of very well. Everyone is happy and motivated to succeed individually and for the company.

ConsI actually enjoy a changing environment, but some may consider rapid growth and constant change to be a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Continue to develop and shape this great culture and don't let it run astray as the company grows.

Time to move on I think

(Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe young, fun people.
    Free food, snacks and soda.
    Parking

ConsLow pay, long hours without notice
    Construction in office space
    Dress code - no shorts

Advice to Senior ManagementFriday lunches are great, but standing in line 15 minutes, then running out of meat is bad. So I get there early and hang out until the food gets there, but waste 30 minutes.

Senior Operations Analyst

Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFood and snacks available.
    Benefits plan

Cons+ NO WORK LIFE BALANCE - you come here to work even over 8 hours a day no extra pay
    + DELIVERABLES - Multi tasking work is one thing but you are given work that is normally allocated to more than 4 people at some companies
    + HR not really helpful when there's conflict with supervisors
    + The Average Pay is not enough to satisfy the work demand task

Advice to Senior ManagementEIther increase the pay or let the employee work from home. Also there are alot of managers that do not know how to manage - have them go through courses.

Worked for Cornerstone OnDemand? Contribute to the Community!