Cornerstone OnDemand

Updated October 30, 2014
4.5

Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Pros
  • The teaming culture is amazing as is the work life balance that is instilled by the company (in 31 reviews)

• The culture is work hard/play hard, and they really mean it (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast and expects every person to be a part of the success (in 30 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is a challenge and not much career opportunities in the Tel Aviv office (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Love it here. Very satisfied

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love it here. Very satisfied and will be here a long time!

Cons

Wish I could bring my dog.

A wonderful place for developers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been at Cornerstone for 8 months at the time of this review.

The engineering team is filled with extremely bright people and remarkably few egos. Even though the team is very large and people are very busy, team members are always willing to help each other out. There is a feeling of positivity in the air that is very refreshing; you can tell that everyone legitimately enjoys their jobs. Management is very receptive to suggestions and is constantly coming up with new perks to keep employees happy (free on-site massages, an arcade, a yoga room, and quite a bit more). There is an emphasis on continual learning and skills improvement which benefits both the employee and the company.

The work life balance is pretty good. There are crunches and late nights on occasion, but it's never for an extended period of time and you can almost always see it coming and plan for it.

Cons

Processes change very quickly as the company deals with its aggressive growth. Depending on your outlook this is either exciting or frustrating.

The people make the company awesome

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time

Pros

I love the people here! Most people have a great attitude and are smart and love working here.

Cons

Working remotely can be tough in such a quickly growing company; it is hard to know everyone, you really have to reach out.

Growing company with great employees

Current Employee - Managed Services Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Managed Services Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, benefits (unlimited vacation, health benefits, stock options, etc...), salary, and support

Cons

Being a remote employee I sometimes feel disconnected from headquarters.

Best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone I work with (remotely or in person) is dependable and smart. As a salesperson, I never hesitate to bring my colleagues and managers into my sales processes because I know that they will always add value. Unlimited vaca time and free healthcare are pretty great perks.

Cons

Technology is always changing and the company is growing fast! In an atmosphere that always feels like a start up, you have to be nimble.

A company that cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Team Lead Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We practice what we preach. We use the software that we sell to engage the employees we have. It is a place where I work hard and I can see it affect the overall business. Cornerstone has provided me with all the tools that I need to develop and push my career forward. They also provide tons of benefits and as well as a great work environment.

Cons

Some challenges are with growth. As the company grows quickly you must be able to adapt and change how you do things on the fly. Just be ready to adapt and you will succeed.

Some vision into career pathing would be nice. I know that they are currently working on this now though.

Amazing Culture, Great People, Fast Growing, Lot's of Opportunity.

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The people are smart, fun and just great to work with.
    - Very fast growing, ultimately creating opportunities for everyone.
    - Stock options are generous.
    - The company has events all the time (happy hours, beach days, development days, hackathons, etc)

Cons

-Just as with any fast growing company, processes/workflows are being developed as you grow.

Keep up the great work!

Beaches, Benefits, Brilliance - Best of the Best Saas Leader!

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Explosive growth, Company built upon a unique defined Culture that hasn't changed in 15+ years. Employee Opportunity is abundant, Visionary hands on CEO...CSOD will soon be a BIG DATA - TMS Powerhouse. Intelligent & Creative people all around the globe supporting the rapidly expanding 16M+ users each day!

Cons

Managing the explosive yr. over yr. growth, keeping the culture in place that has made the company a Silicon Beach darling. Retaining Top Talent during fast growth periods!

Stay the course, Keep empowering employees, Add new benefits that matter to the whole group and continue hiring A-Players!

The Best Company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like challenges, continuously learning and working in a fast pace environment - you will love working at Cornerstone. Employees do really have the corporate culture based on being smart, cool, visionary and dependable.
    We are working hard and playing hard as well. The company takes care about you and your career. Adaptation and creativity are very important to feel good!

Cons

Cons only if you do not like what I have written above...

Great Culture and Great Product to Stand Behind!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cornerstone has a great culture that promotes work from home and flexibility for a work life balance. Many companies say this and then when you want or need to take off, they make you feel guilty about it. Cornerstone does not as they understand that todays worker does not work a standard 8:00 to 5:00 anymore. As to the training, it is great as we use our own software internally. The compensation is very competitive to the market place

Cons

The biggest challenge I face as someone in sales is positioning our service offering and implementation pricing to smaller companies. It is not competitive with the industry and is a limiter in winning some deals. If Cornerstone would be more flexible on the one-time implementation, we would not have to discount our recurring subscription software so much to stay competitive. This would mean more recurring revenue for Cornerstone. This is a small tweak, but the only Con that I see working here.

Continue to stay engaged with employees and consider making changes to pricing for Major's space.

Cornerstone OnDemand Photos