Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Reset
4.4
Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Pros
  • Work/life balance is being promoted (in 32 reviews)

• A lot of places say they're work hard / play hard, but I'm working harder than ever (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Short staffed, the company is growing quickly which means it almost always feels like there just are not enough people (in 30 reviews)

• Resources vary - the organization is growing SO fast, some departments are overwhelmed (in 20 reviews)

1. Software Engineer

Pros

Energetic work environment, smart and engaging teams working on a growing product. Great Perks.

Cons

Gained weight from food and candy wall.

2. Services

Pros

Cornerstone has a fantastic culture, good people and solid leadership.

Cons

They have matured quickly and need operational process to scale. They seem to recognize this and are addressing.

Advice to Management

Continue with clear and effective communication. Culture preservation is critical.

Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work and the culture is work hard play hard. Love what we do and we are a force in the Talent Management space..

Cons

We are growing fast and that requires enormous agility.

Advice to Management

Find a way to promote Cornerstars within the company that are not necessarily interested in management. To some that is not of interest.

5. Talent Acquisition Manager

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company.. Made the move 6 months ago. Wonderful environment, great product and benefits.

Cons

There are no cons at this time. The company is doing great and there are lots of opportunity for growth within the organization.

6. Review

Current Employee - Team Lead in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, Supervisors are knowledgeable, Growing company, Comparable benefits, Fair wages

Cons

Ideas are sometimes go unheard, Managers need to trust in the associates more.

Advice to Management

Trust in your Supervisors, Team leads, Coradinators

7. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you the tools, training, and freedom to get your work done. You will succeed or fail on your own merits. They really believe in work hard play hard mentality, and the sense of support and teamwork is still there even for remote employees.

Cons

If you are the type of person who doesn't like to ramp up quickly, it could be a little daunting to start work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great Company

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for the company for only couple of months however this is a great place to work Great company to work for, good benefits, excellent food and wonderful staff

Cons

More structure when it comes to training staff on products. There is not a set course to take because you must self train yourself if you want to be a success at this company.

9. Great Company

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Culture, people, and growth of this company are fantastic. Through fast growth they have been able to maintain a great culture for young professionals to grow into more senior roles.

Cons

With any growing company, there are growing pains and CSOD is no different. As the company grows quickly, processes need to be put into place and are not always perfect the first time around.

Advice to Management

So far the culture has remained great. If this can remain as the company grows in the next few years, your retention will remain at a high level.

10. CAD

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and environment

Cons

Management could do a little more leading, but it's great

11. Very Strong Company to Work For and Partner With

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cornerstone is an exceptional company. The culture and commitment to employees is first-rate and that translates into an organization that is dedicated to its clients success. The willingness to support, collaborate and partner are the best in my 20+ year career. Accountability and acknowledging your areas of improvement are very important- personal and professional growth are expected. The ability and willingness to innovate and push the boundaries of talent solutions is amazing to watch and be part of. Some of what we do is bleeding edge (I love it) and people and clients who gravitate towards this philosophy will be very pleased. As a remote employee, I am not privy to massages, yoga, free food et al. That is great stuff for my colleagues and it keeps them happy and motivated. When I make it to SM, about 5-6 times per year, it is energizing and fun (really it is). Client success is the definition of a "win" at CSOD. It really is about the customer. Making it right is what all of our collective work is targeted to.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter and not capable of growing, then Cornerstone is not going to be a fit for your career. You must be willing to extend yourself, make yourself vulnerable and willing to learn. I don't view this as a "Con" but some will. Just know that the organization looks for high achievers and if you aren't prepared to engage similarly, it won't work for you.

Advice to Management

None.

RSS Feed </> Embed