Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

442 reviews filtered by
4.5
Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Pros
  • The teaming culture is amazing as is the work life balance that is instilled by the company (in 32 reviews)

• The culture is work hard/play hard, and they really mean it (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast and expects every person to be a part of the success (in 30 reviews)

• Because the company is growing so fast, it might be difficult to find the ideal fit (in 20 reviews)

1. Perfect recipe

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand

Pros

Work/life balance, engagement, eating your own dogfood.....This is the only company I have ever worked for in my long career that actually gets it! CSOD values their employees and youcan FEEL it. It is not lip service - they expect hard work and results. They have an incredible solution so, as a sales person, I can deliver. In return they treat their people very well, beyond just the pay and benefits. It is how they respect and appreciate every single contributor. I am blow away and this will go down in my personal history as the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

They are growing fast and need to keep make sure that they keep this culture. Not a con, but something to be aware of

Keep on keeping on!

Great workplace, but not a tech company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are really good and compensation is competitive when considering bonuses and RSUs. The workplace is extremely laid back, everyone is friendly, and the development schedule for each release is more than reasonable. There's a reason Cornerstone is consistently named one of the best places to work; they take care of their employees.

Cons

Cornerstone is not a tech company. Some people seem to think it is, and it does have a strong tech focus, but even the highest levels of tech management agree that it's not a tech company.

This is a place you go when you're at a point in your life that you want stability. There are no interesting or unique problems to work on here, and contrary to what you're lead to believe by recruiters, the application is monolithic and very legacy. Over-engineering is the norm for some teams. There are a few great developers here, but the bottom line is mediocrity, and there are more than a handful of senior developers who are less knowledgeable than I would expect someone entry level to be. Even a lot of the great developers have become stagnant.

As much as it's a cloud company, you wouldn't be able to take anything you learn here to Amazon or Google. Even though we have millions of users, there are no unique or interesting problems involving scale here. In fact, very little you learn here will be applicable to a job elsewhere. Almost everything you'll learn is proprietary and completely useless outside of Cornerstone.

If you aren't already an experienced developer, you're better off elsewhere. Cornerstone is a large company with a lot of teams, though, so mileage varies. Some teams will provide a better experience than others.

I have a huge amount of respect for the upper management in tech. They're very forthcoming, intelligent, and down to earth; I think they know that there's a lot of mediocrity here, but at this late point in the company, there isn't really anything that can be done about it.

My only suggestion would be to stop touting low turn-over to prospective developers. This was something that raised a red flag when I was interviewing; it shows that you take care of your employees, but also gives the (completely correct) impression that there are a lot of stagnant developers.

Incredible energetic people changing talent cultures through awesome technology!

Current Employee - Client Success Manager
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing
    You work hard and you play hard
    Technology is best in class and is constantly being improved
    Benefits and perks are fantastic, especially at HQ
    Company values are deeply felt and lived out consistently
    Impressive growth today and in the future

Cons

Large remote population can feel disconnected
    Company is growing so fast that scalability is a challenge

Bring the HQ culture out to your incredible field workers!

5. Avoid this place

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

perks, arcade, discount gym, ping pong, location

Cons

There's no consistent company culture. Some incapable Executives and Senior Management whose energies are focusing on protect their own jobs. Turnover is high and morale is very low. When the software breaks majority of the client services team ends up being a help desk submitting tickets or covering the bugs for their clients. The company is very disconnected.

The future of corporate culture

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand has a uniquely progressive culture that practices what it sells. This is a place you want to work for.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Cornerstone OnDemand. Expect to work as hard as you play. Even though you will be working hard, there are many perks to ease the workload.

7. Dependent on your position, this could be the place for you.

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers, free food, great location.

Cons

Lack of communication between different teams, not much room for movement between departments.

Appreciate the employees you have that already are invested and know your product, examine it if there is a trend of people leaving

8. It was a great opportunity!

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Good perks
    Excellent Work-life balance
    Cool people to work with

Cons

Managers could be more responsive

9. Amazing place to work with great perks and benefits. Surrounded by intelligent hard working young professionals

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Self managed
    - constant learning
    - Beautiful office with free breakfast daily and lunch on Fridays

Cons

- Overwhelming
    - bogged down by processes
    - Pay is not competitive

Have more meetings with your employees. I love that I am not being micro managed but at the same time direction and guidance would be appreciated.

10. Best company that I have ever worked for. Bar none!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Mid Market in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand

Pros

The culture is the best. Top notch professionals who are passionate about what they do. Atmosphere of trust, respect and working toward a mutual goal. A company that puts the customer first.

Cons

None. I haven't found any.

Keep doing what you're doing and Thanks!

If you wanna learn and build a career as a developer... this is not the place

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-flexible hours
    -do work as u like attitude
    -laid back atmosphere... if u dont wanna work and pass into retirement...this is the place to be
    Used to be many more cant think of more now though.

Cons

- all about sales...dont care about tech
    - tech stack very limited and rigid
    - use of custom technology... u end up learning nothing as a developer
    - no algorithms... all workflows... they dont really need engineers
    - big talks..show off...small projects with little value
    - developers make more suggestions towards building a better product than the product management team
    - nothing to learn after 2 months...
    - no room to grow... they pretend to be flexible but all is a bunch of lie

if you are in your 20s...dont even think about this company...will ruin your career.
    Its probably time to move on within the next couple of months i guess...

please act like a tech company...tech is your heart and not sales... when your sales dont know what a tech guy doesn in the company it is an ultimate insult and a shame on the company.
    too many wrong turns... how do u expect young and budding software engineers to only stick to using your custom made languages and framework... you will never be able to hire good and innovative talent if thats all there is to do...

Cornerstone OnDemand Photos