Cornerstone University Reviews

3.6
CEO

1. Intern

I worked at Cornerstone University

Pros

Pretty cool place to work and stuff like that it was neat

Cons

I think they can do some thing that can improve different areas

2. Temporary employee

I worked at Cornerstone University (More than 3 years)

Pros

Understands and values those who hold the Christian faith. Students are wonderful to work with.

Cons

If not full time employee, may tend to feel undervalued. Also offices lack diversity and people of color. I was the only minority in my office.

3. It has been a great experience working for Cornerstone University.

Current Employee - Career Advisor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Career Advisor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cornerstone University

Pros

There is a sense of community, staff and students alike are wonderful and share the similarity of leading a life following Christ. Getting to where you want to go and honoring God while doing it.

Cons

As for cons I cannot think of any. The University is working hard to expand different offices in order to better assist students in their needs. A+

Advice to Management

Management and Supervisors are great! Very helpful. Faculty is very helpful and supportive. Provost and President are extremely involved and President Stole is very personable.

5. As a student worker, it is a life-preparing experience.

I have been working at Cornerstone University

Pros

It helps prepare for the real world.

Cons

Pay is close to minimum.

CU

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cornerstone University full-time

Pros

Great people! Became close personal friends with many of my co-workers. Strong identity. The mission, vision, and value are clearly defined and deeply incorporated in the work that everyone did. Good communication through the university and a very supportive atmosphere

Cons

Being a smaller school you are required to wear many hats so work can at times be stressful. We often joked that the "other duties as assigned" portion of the job description took majority of our time! Pay is on the lower end for what you do.

7. It was an average work experience. Org was going through a lot of changes at the time.

Current Employee - Assistant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cornerstone University

Pros

Personal satisfaction. Students make everything better. They are passionate about developing students, just not always staff. Faculty is strong in many departments.

Cons

Pay. Upward development. Seemed like the people on the "inside" could always advance, and assistants weren't always treated like they could be capable of more.

Advice to Management

Continue to assess talent and potential on your employees. There is so much politics, and good communication could be helpful to staff.

8. Cornerstone's Average

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cornerstone University

Pros

Christian atmosphere with "good" people that work in my department. They have a good retirement plan, which after 1 year of service is 10% of salary is automatically put into your account. $1 lunches are also a great benefit, I would hate having to pack a lunch. Health benefits are a little above the norm, and meet my needs.

Cons

Lots of hours, little pay. You have to sign a contract stating you will obstain from alcohol. Personally I see nothing wrong with casual drinking and feel this policy should be revised.

Advice to Management

Give more decision making permissions to those down the pyramid.

9. i've been here for 15 years, the job experience is generally good. haven't had a pay raise for 6 years.

Current Employee - Producer
    Current Employee - Producer

I have been working at Cornerstone University

Pros

worldview is strong, values strong, consistent message, overall care for staff

Cons

if management is going sideways, it can be difficult to address to satisfaction

RSS Feed </> Embed