Corporate Fitness Works

Enjoyable Experience... Growth Potential Exists

Current Employee - Center Director  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Center Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Corporate Fitness Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with Members/Clients
    Flexibility with Schedule
    Family Comes First Attitude
    Presidents Willing to Work with Team Members
    Work Hours
    Regional Team Members

Cons

Opportunity for Regional Director Position is Limited
    Salary Could be Higher
    Better Health Benefits for the Cost

Continue to Grow and develop a Regional Director position in each region. The RD should not be from 8+ hours away.

Terrible work environment!

Former Employee - Fitness Specialist  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Fitness Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most health club members are fun to work with, non-management employees are very helpful and fun to good with

Cons

Where to begin, management and supervisors sit in their offices all day, never come and interact with members. Pay and benefits are terrible. Absolutely no room for any type of promotion and raises are a joke when they do come. One of the most boring jobs I have ever done. There's are just to name a few.

Listen to lower level employees and try coming out of your office for just a minute or two

Good for resume title only.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

Members are good for the most part. You can also meet a few good colleagues while you're there.

Cons

Upper management is not truthful with their employees. A lot of office politics and there is blatant favoritism with some of the more terrible employees. As far as I can understand, if you're terrible at health and wellness, you'll do great here. If you actually are smart, have prospects, and are a leader -- you will be treated poorly and you will leave to find something better in record time. If you NEED a job, this one is good for building your resume. If you want an environment change -- RUN. No room for advancement, no raises (not even cost of living), nothing beneficial other than having a job and getting paid vacation from day one.

Start being leaders, stop being idiotic sheep.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst employer ever!!!!!

Former Employee - Fitness Director  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Fitness Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

The only thing that made it worth going to work every day were the members at the facility. They were absolutely incredible and I established some great friendships while I was there.

Cons

My former boss was usually unavailable for any assistance. I was also terminated due to falsified performance appraisals. The regional manager, if you want to call her that since she has a whopping 2 clubs to over see, was very self involved. I received constant criticism about me not paying enough attention to my staff but where was my boss when it came time for me to receive some encouragement. She rarely had a kind or encouraging word to say and probably had the most over inflated ego of anybody I have ever met.

Stick by the mission statement of encouraging open candid communication. I never truly felt safe placing criticism on my direct supervisor for fear of retaliation.

Corporate Fitness Works: DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

Current Employee - Fitness Specialist  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Fitness Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

The only pros of being an employee for Corporate Fitness Works are the clients and customers that you work with.

Cons

- Poor salary
    - Poor benefits
    - No room for advancement
    - Very poor employee leave policy
    - Upper management lacks respect for lower level employees
    - Poor communication
    - Very disorganized company
    - Dishonest

Word to the wise, this is a job not a career.

Don't let your title make your head swell.

Changes need to be made to the employee leave policy. Having to call in sick by 7pm the night before is, for lack of a better word, dumb. Also, having to plan your annual leave one year in advance is dumb. Communication is key in a company like CFW. Keeping your entire team in the commication loop would help sort out a lot of confusion. When dealing with clients, unless you have established a relationship with a particular client, let lower level management handle issues relative to that site. Don't let your title get in the way because that will put a bad taste in the client's mouth; you might end up losing a contract that way.

Not what I thought it would be

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

The members of the facility were great and were the real reason for coming to work every day. I truly enjoyed the day to day interaction with all of the members of the facilty. I also, at one time, enjoyed the team that worked there. We had a really good team at one point and slowly every left and new people came in. I also enjoyed the freedome to work with members of the facility on an everyday basis in getting them towards their fitness goals and trying to make them healthier individuals both through mind body and spirit. That was very rewarding

Cons

Pay and complete lack of upward mobility was evident after working there for only a few months. There just didn't seem like there was any place to go after the initial hiring was done. The upper management at this particular facility was not as honest about things as he should have been. There should have been much more communication about the direction of where the company was heading and what ideas they had regarding your career. It seemed like everything was kept under wraps and kept a secret. Then when the employee would ask about upward mobility, past conversations wer forgotten.

Better pay

A company you can enjoy...

Former Employee - Center Director
    Former Employee - Center Director

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

I really enjoyed my time working with CFW. The members at the center were terrific and I loved my team within my region. We worked so well together and my supervisor was so supportive with assisting in any client and center concerns or questions. I was able to develop my skill set within the company by utilizing the continuing education funds they allot to each full-time team member annually. If you know customer service, which is a big part of CFW, people are more likely to complain rather than praise a good job. Hence, this website and most of the reviews it includes of CFW, I believe are very unrealistic of the true experience I have had with CFW.

Cons

We all would love to make more money. I would of liked a little bit more increase on top of my salary per year, but was awarded a few holiday bonuses within my years of service.

I really enjoyed my superviosr and would just encourage them to keep doing what they are doing.

AWFUL - Do Not Work For Them

Former Employee - Regional Fitness Specialist
    Former Employee - Regional Fitness Specialist

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

The people you work WITH are probably some of the best people in the industry. The clients from each contract have a willingness to learn and work with you and the overal satisfaction you get every day is great.

Cons

Oh where do I start:
    - Pertaining to my position where I was required to travel to different locations each day, for the most part, I was not compensated for my travels. Some days I would have to travel to a client site that was over an hour away, coupled with traffic, some mornings/nights, it took me up to three hours to get home.
    - Boring. My position allowed me to travel to several different and unique sites but while at the site, I had no responsibilities or roles but rather another person to watch the floor.
    - Degrading. The management does not listen to anyone except themselves and those higher up. While each company is trying to cut back on cost, cleaning with a detergent based product up to three times a day will not only break down plastics but will also wear down upholstery. I've done the research, called the manufactures and even witnessed the damage to THREE year old equipment.

There is a reason why there is such a high turn over rate. Step off your high horse and give A LITTLE respect to the people you have hired. As well, working your way up does not give you the right to step over others. A little empathy will go a long way with this company.

Do NOT work here

I have been working at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

Working here can get you experience to transition into other companies.

Cons

Management has their favorites and will do whatever it takes to ensure they are promoted regarding other team members.

If you encourage candid communication don't be a hippocrite!

The right idea but no execution

I worked at Corporate Fitness Works

Pros

The job itself is enjoyable, working with clients.

Cons

While they want to be a positive work environment, in the end all they do is harp on any weakness you may have.

There is very little room for growth, so I would recommend having more positive interactions with lower level staff to prevent so much turn over. Paying people more than Burger King might be helpful also.

Worked for Corporate Fitness Works? Contribute to the Community!