Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis)

Jim Griffith

Good place to work

Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lax work environment, the turn over rate has diminished significantly, I have made quite a large salary advancement in the first year . They pay for certifications. Five paid holidays, 10 days PTO and 401k as well. I have worked at many places, no all IT related, and this is my favorite by far. This is mostly due to the fun work place

Cons

sales people tend to be whiners but they are getting better as well

pay better lol

Tough sale

Current Employee - Service Sales Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Service Sales Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good base salary, good camaraderie amongst sales team.

Cons

Turn and burn culture with extremely high turn over. Poor training. Calling on old, beat up lists.

Invest in your sales people to last long term instead of trying to get some sales out of them and hire a new one.

It was great

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis)

Pros

Very Supportive team with great experience

Cons

I don't have any cons

Experience at Corp Tech

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Good starting base salary. Great people working there, very helpful and friendly. New training program that has been tremendously helpful

Cons

Commission plan could be more favorable.

Continue to focus on training

Horrible place to work. Except for some of the people.

Current Employee - Phone Jockey in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Phone Jockey in Fairfield, NJ

Pros

Some of the people I met. Much like people thrown together in a horrible situation we bonded and most likely will be friends for a long time post Corp Tech. No outsiders would believe what went on @ the company but those that worked their do. They always ordered multiple quarts of dairy products for us coffee drinkers that took over the fridge.

Cons

Constant changes to staff 3-4 people being let go a month. They take "AT WILL" to a new level!. Terrible, selfish, backstabbing, conniving office leadership. Sales managers will steal deal from you, "One Call Closes" are 50% of our sales is BS.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself "WHY"? Why do we hire and fire / churn and burn?, Why do we continue to use an outdated CRM?, Why have your employees call the same people over & over 2-3 times a week?, Why put the emphasis on # of calls per day, # of apt per wk., month etc.? (Put emphasis on quality leads, and staff ability to earn real $$$) not just 1 person per office that you want to parade to others as success. Why not be honest with people leaving other jobs to work @ CT (only to be let go 2 months later for lack of performance or as you claim "misconduct , insubordination" ) tell them it's nearly impossible except for luck, to make any money over the base $45K. Why delay their unemployment claims? Why continue to promote your "churn & burn" business practices @ weekend seminars to other business owners as a way to be successful and make $$$? What are you accomplishing? Does it not bother you that you're screwing with peoples lives? LEARN to treat human beings with respect and honesty and maybe just maybe they'll work
     harder for you and you'll make MONEY! Wow what a simple concept.

AWESOME JOB, HORRIBLE COMPANY - WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM IF THEY PAID ME!!!!

Current Employee - Onsite Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Onsite Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

You get a lot of experience very fast, get to touch lots of different devices, get to be out of the office most of the day and meet a lot of people, no one watching over your shoulder.

Cons

I literally wanted to quit this Job after 1 month of being there. Within the short period I was there, 4 onsite engineers QUIT, INCLUDING OUR MANAGER. Here's why I left: Indecisive managers, lack of vision and direction by the managers, VERY LOW PAY for the amount of work you do, no time for regular lunch, no regular schedules, mileage reimbursement rate is 9 YEARS BEHIND and you spend 1/3 of your day driving, job description can change at anytime, PEOPLE GOSSIP ALOT making the environment uncomfortable and untrustworthy, they took away almost every bonus I was offered upon hired (from everyone), they don't train you on how to handle tickets and internal reports very well and management gets upset when you don't do them correctly, don't be surprised if management as you to do something for a client that is grossly unethical. I could go on but I think you get the point. The Job title is great, go and find it with a different company though.

You all need help on every level....

Great Learning Experience, No Pay

Current Employee - Onsite Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

There is a great learning atmosphere but you learn on your own unless you meet the right people. Every one is friendly as well.

Cons

Pay Pay Pay Pay Pay.
    They are not willing to compensate employees.

Learn to value employee's more and be willing to pay them to keep them for a longer amount of time. Don't tell them they will be gone in 2 years and you don't plan to keep them in the long run.

No longer an employee but wish I was

Former Employee - Help Desk Tech in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Tech in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training was excellent and their model of customer service is unlike any place I have worked before. Unfortunately due to family reasons, had to move out of state.

Cons

7am - 7pm hours are tough

Have more interaction between onsite techs and help desk techs

Great people , fun enviroment

Current Employee - Onsite Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

As a current employee at Corptech (2 yrs) i have found myself in a wonderful and innovative work environment. I have been with other tech companies (Loffler and marco) and have never seen such a customer service orientated work environment. I was recently promoted and plan on making some big changes around here

Cons

Starting pay was low but once you prove yourself the merit you

Revolving Door for Sales

Former Employee - Service Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Service Sales Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think the techies were okay, but the sales people there are expendible. The base pay is not bad, although the commissions are difficult to achieve. The people I worked with were nice, but they all shared the same employment security concerns.

Cons

Of the 16 or so sales people there, only one has lasted more than a year. The company's business model is predicated upon on sales turnover, because no one in their right mind would want to call the same prospects every week pushing their service.