Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis)

Add Photos

Jim Griffith

Great Learning Experience, No Pay

Onsite Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThere is a great learning atmosphere but you learn on your own unless you meet the right people. Every one is friendly as well.

ConsPay Pay Pay Pay Pay.
    They are not willing to compensate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value employee's more and be willing to pay them to keep them for a longer amount of time. Don't tell them they will be gone in 2 years and you don't plan to keep them in the long run.

Horrible place to work. Except for some of the people.

Phone Jockey (Current Employee) Fairfield, NJ

ProsSome of the people I met. Much like people thrown together in a horrible situation we bonded and most likely will be friends for a long time post Corp Tech. No outsiders would believe what went on @ the company but those that worked their do. They always ordered multiple quarts of dairy products for us coffee drinkers that took over the fridge.

ConsConstant changes to staff 3-4 people being let go a month. They take "AT WILL" to a new level!. Terrible, selfish, backstabbing, conniving office leadership. Sales managers will steal deal from you, "One Call Closes" are 50% of our sales is BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror and ask yourself "WHY"? Why do we hire and fire / churn and burn?, Why do we continue to use an outdated CRM?, Why have your employees call the same people over & over 2-3 times a week?, Why put the emphasis on # of calls per day, # of apt per wk., month etc.? (Put emphasis on quality leads, and staff ability to earn real $$$) not just 1 person per office that you want to parade to others as success. Why not be honest with people leaving other jobs to work @ CT (only to be let go 2 months later for lack of performance or as you claim "misconduct , insubordination" ) tell them it's nearly impossible except for luck, to make any money over the base $45K. Why delay their unemployment claims? Why continue to promote your "churn & burn" business practices @ weekend seminars to other business owners as a way to be successful and make $$$? What are you accomplishing? Does it not bother you that you're screwing with peoples lives? LEARN to treat human beings with respect and honesty and maybe just maybe they'll work
     harder for you and you'll make MONEY! Wow what a simple concept.

AWESOME JOB, HORRIBLE COMPANY - WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM IF THEY PAID ME!!!!

Onsite Engineer (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsYou get a lot of experience very fast, get to touch lots of different devices, get to be out of the office most of the day and meet a lot of people, no one watching over your shoulder.

ConsI literally wanted to quit this Job after 1 month of being there. Within the short period I was there, 4 onsite engineers QUIT, INCLUDING OUR MANAGER. Here's why I left: Indecisive managers, lack of vision and direction by the managers, VERY LOW PAY for the amount of work you do, no time for regular lunch, no regular schedules, mileage reimbursement rate is 9 YEARS BEHIND and you spend 1/3 of your day driving, job description can change at anytime, PEOPLE GOSSIP ALOT making the environment uncomfortable and untrustworthy, they took away almost every bonus I was offered upon hired (from everyone), they don't train you on how to handle tickets and internal reports very well and management gets upset when you don't do them correctly, don't be surprised if management as you to do something for a client that is grossly unethical. I could go on but I think you get the point. The Job title is great, go and find it with a different company though.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou all need help on every level....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No longer an employee but wish I was

Help Desk Tech (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTraining was excellent and their model of customer service is unlike any place I have worked before. Unfortunately due to family reasons, had to move out of state.

Cons7am - 7pm hours are tough

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more interaction between onsite techs and help desk techs

Great people , fun enviroment

Onsite Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAs a current employee at Corptech (2 yrs) i have found myself in a wonderful and innovative work environment. I have been with other tech companies (Loffler and marco) and have never seen such a customer service orientated work environment. I was recently promoted and plan on making some big changes around here

ConsStarting pay was low but once you prove yourself the merit you

Revolving Door for Sales

Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI think the techies were okay, but the sales people there are expendible. The base pay is not bad, although the commissions are difficult to achieve. The people I worked with were nice, but they all shared the same employment security concerns.

ConsOf the 16 or so sales people there, only one has lasted more than a year. The company's business model is predicated upon on sales turnover, because no one in their right mind would want to call the same prospects every week pushing their service.

Good company

ProsThey have been their for me.

ConsWorking in a permanent contract sometimes makes you feel distant from the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some with the contractors working with the customers.

A stepping stone to a much better job within 12 months

Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsIt seems like most of the reviews on here are geared towards the sales department. This one will focus on the Help Desk. The best part about working here is all of the various kinds of technology you will be exposed to; you likely wouldn't get to touch most of this stuff anywhere else at your experience level (which will most likely be entry level if you are applying here, interviewing here, or thinking about working here). It's a pretty laid back work environment for being in a call center, most people will be willing to help you out with any questions or concerns you have, and they have a casual day on Fridays. In addition, they also reimburse you (and pay a bonus for some) for any certs you pass as well. Taking calls isn't the most glamorous job out there, so if you haven't worked in a help desk (or any call center for that matter), make sure you have a good amount of patience; the ones who don't are the ones who won't succeed in a role like this.

ConsThe biggest and only con about working here that comes to mind is the pay. If you are working in the help desk, you will start at $12 an hour, regardless of what kind of, if any, experience you have. Documentation on new clients is terrible, existing procedures aren't much better, their CRM system was developed internally by an SQL developer who also is no longer with the company (I'll give you a few guesses as to why, but you probably won't need that many), and as a result, has tons of issues that effect being able to help clients. In the 12 months I worked for them, all of the senior engineers, senior managers (with the exception of a few) and account managers have left; in the help desk, there's between 1 and 3 people that leave every month. Benefits aren't that great either, but that's to be expected pretty much anywhere nowadays. With as terrible as the pay is, in my opinion, the experience you gain out of it is worth it. Wherever you go in your next job after Corporate Technologies will likely have a salary close to twice as much as what you were making here, but you wouldn't be there if it wasn't for working here first. Working for this company exists solely as a chance to get your foot in the door in IT; it is NOT a place to stay for more than 12 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't go through clients like you go through employees, pay your technical employees just a little bit more to try and retain some knowledge.

Good out of college. Low Pay. Don't stay long

ProsWork was fun. The guys are cool.

ConsLow pay. Micromanaged at time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for raises! Keep valuable staff instead of letting them find the next step up in pay.

6 month gig at best

Sales Service Specialist (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsLittle T and his entire dept were the best part of my time at CT- some random good people

Consnothing is consistent, yet nothing GOOD ever changes

Advice to Senior ManagementSELL THE COMPANY ALREADY! To some one who will take pride in it!

Worked for Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis)? Contribute to the Community!