Corporation Service Company

Corporation Service Company Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Corporation Service Company President & CEO Rodman Ward III

Rodman Ward III

Pros
  • Corporation Service Company is a great place to work if you are looking for a place with work/life balance and determining your career path(in 5 reviews)

• Fast-paced work environment with plenty of opportunity to learn and do new things(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management not good running a large company(in 4 reviews)

• Human Resources more concerned about following scripts then being a true resource to employees(in 3 reviews)

CSC is a breath of fresh air when compared to my previous employers.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsThis company has a rich history and provides excellent job stability. It was built on a set of core values and an ideology that is lived every day. We are driven by aggressive goals and employee feedback is encouraged. CSC is constantly innovating and striving to be better and to provide more services for our customers. Above all, the people are absolutely amazing.

ConsI would like to be able to pay my team more for the work they do. The benefits are ok, but could be better. My biggest challenge is my work-life balance. Because of the nature of the work we do, it is common to stay late and come in early the next morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdding headcount is impossible. I understand we have budgets, but adding staff would decrease overtime and increase service levels. Due to the length of time it takes to train new employees, we need to have built-in headcount to accommodate for attrition, and we currently do not.

Absolutely no opportunities for advancement depending on division and location

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsDecent benefits package. Casual dress, which should have never been an issue because most workers never talk to a client let alone see them. If your particular talent is BS you can make a go of it here.

ConsCompany initiatives are old and outdated. Very conservative. Many things are done without thinking them through, especially acquisitions. Almost all managers are numbers people and don't know how to handle managing people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your tech people so our software actually works. Modernize.

Great culture, values, and people.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Logan, UT

ProsCSC is a great company that is built on a solid foundation of deeply rooted values and a family like culture. The work is both challenging and rewarding. The employees are genuine and friendly. The senior management team is committed to the success of the company, the individual employee, and our communities. Hard work is recognized and generously rewarded.
    As a technologist, we work with cutting edge technology and on some of the best hardware money can buy. CSC has a flexible work schedule and continually emphasizes the importance of a healthy work-life balance. CSC is committed to being a premier technology employer.

ConsBrand recognition. CSC is experiencing incredible growth and this will improve over time but not many people know who we are or what we do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporation Service Company puts their customers and employees first, and it is a wonderful place to work.

ProsThere are many reasons working at CSC is a great experience. The main reason I enjoy working at CSC is that they are constantly innovating. The company has been in business for 100+ years, but they sure don't act like it! They encourage new ideas and processes and are always looking for a better way to do things. Your voice really matters and you feel like you are part of something unique and important.

Also, the people and culture at CSC is unlike any other. They treat their employees like family, and everyone who works there is happy and excited to be at work. That is more and more rare these days and it makes a world of difference to be working with people who enjoy what they are doing.

ConsThere are still areas for improvement within CSC. Although there is a ton of growth opportunity, they do not offer salary increases or bonuses at the time of a promotion. You have to wait until the end of the year to see any financial benefit to exceeding at your job.

It sometimes can feel like you are taking on more and more work and responsibility for no real gain. It is a fast paced and busy work environment and the company sets high expectations for their employees. They claim to pay based on performance, but often times you will meet or exceed the companies expectations of your role and see limited or no reward for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer higher pay based on level of responsibility and performance.

Satisfying and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGood people, good services, good values

ConsSlow to change, and very safe

Refreshing Change

Manager (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsThe company feels like a small business where leaders know what you are working on and its results and celebrate your successes. The values that the company aspires to are actually a part of the culture. You are encouraged to innovate, to share ideas, and to help make the company successful. I have worked in large companies before where making change was like turning a battleship but at CSC the company is nimble enough to make changes quickly if needed, but still well reasoned.

ConsParking...which will be resolved once the new building is complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider including spouses on insurance...split policies/providers are an inconvenience.

Team oriented , very hard working people, and strong values based environment.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsPeople are friendly and care about doing a good job. The company takes the candidate selection process very seriously and focuses on hiring the best candidates from a values perspective. This makes the company open to consider people from all different career experiences and backgrounds and creates opportunities for people who may not get their foot in the door in other corporate environments. If you work very hard, are results oriented, and take your job seriously, you can build a good career path here.

ConsSometimes work-life balance can be a challenge because there are always a lot of initiatives happening and the company is growing. The demands of the job can be a challenge but are also very rewarding so it pays off in the end when the work-life balance tips more towards work.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally understand the business and what it takes to get things done. We run lean which is a good thing for budget management and growth, but too lean creates service delivery issues which will lead to lost clients and put the business at risk.

My experience has been mixed

ProsGreat people, great work environment. Benefits are competitive. Honest business model. This company cares about its customers, and treats them with honestly and integrity.

ConsIn some areas, poor management and rampant micro-management. Antiquated and fragmented systems are managed with dated processes and procedures. Though they may articulate an intent to incorporate change through fresh ideas and modern business practices, management whimps out and allows long-term employees to shut down any meaningful effort to affect change. Very disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the trouble spots within. In a company as distinguished and committed to excellence at this one is, ask an honest question: Where are the pain points? Where are the bottlenecks? Then look at the management of those areas.

Growing, but with growing pains...

Information Technology (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsStrong cultural values. Good benefits. Growth company. Strong sense of camaraderie within teams.

ConsCloudy vision. Lofty goals but unclear how they will be attained. Management is decentralized and politics abound. Culture is important be not backed with deeds.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn acquisition growth strategy can work, but only if it is understood how the company will function moving forward. Right now CSC is stuck between holding company and conglomerate. Why you are trying to figure out what CSC will be in 5 years, you are burning your best employees out.

Great place to meet new people and to learn about the world of business

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsFlexibility, benefits, opportunity for growth and free luncheons.

ConsMicromanagement, lack of management understanding processes, and lateral movement (promotion with no increase in pay for a set amount of time). Backwards way of solving problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have knowledge of what the business may entail. Learn those things (processes, systems, and etc.), in which you are suppose to be managing. How can you execute consequences or provide advice about programs or systems in which you have no knowledge of..Undergo training and show compassion. Build a business yet trust-worthy relationship with your team(s) and they will ensure that their parts are taken care of. Your pay scale is too low; people will continue to quit. Too much conflict-of-interest..

Worked for Corporation Service Company? Contribute to the Community!