www.cscglobal.com

Updated October 19, 2014
3.9

Corporation Service Company President & CEO Rodman Ward III
Rodman Ward III

Pros
  • CSC has a flexible work schedule and continually emphasizes the importance of a healthy work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Fast-paced work environment with plenty of opportunity to learn and do new things (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is also hard to achieve due to limited resources (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management not good running a large company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Corporation Service Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun culture and people! The company is very aware of what is going on in the market and is constantly looking for ways to grow. Very involved with the community and encourages each employee to make the difference by volunteering and making contributions to charities.

Cons

The company is growing so much, parking is limited. CSC has made efforts to improve parking, but it is still a struggle until CSC moves into its new location.

The company provides valuable training to new leaders and employees. We have a lot of employees that have been with CSC for 15+ years. It would be helpful to offer more in house training opportunities to strengthen their knowledge on the new products/technologies that are developed.

Corporation Service Company a great place to work!!

Current Employee - IT Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Corporation Service Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CSC is the place to be if you enjoy working in a growing company that encourages you to grow with them. They have clear goals and a mission which is communicated throughout the organization. The best part of the company are their values and truly seeing the company live the values as opposed to just talking about them. If you are a team player who likes to work hard and play hard this is a place for you to build your career.

Cons

Parking!! Wow growing so fast you have to be the early bird to get the parking spot at the Wilmington Office!

I have been at CSC for 15 years this is a fantastic company to work for because they take care of their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Pros

CSC is a company that invests in their employees. They recognize your hard work. Management is always willing to listen to your ideas and suggestions. They solicit the employees feedback on a constant basis. The benefits that they offer are great. I could see myself staying with CSC until I retire.

Cons

I do not know of any at this time.

I've been with the company for 10 years and it's a wonderful place to work for.

I have been working at Corporation Service Company

Pros

Great culture and enviroment. The company has had impressive track records.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Strong culture and desire for collective success

Current Employee - Director in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Director in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Strong sense of team and culture. Company is very concerned about making sure everyone understands their role within CSC and how that role contributes to the company's and the employee's success. Plenty of opportunity to move within the company for those needing a better fit.

Cons

Current growth strategy is based on acquisition in related markets. Companies that might not be a cultural match can strain the workforce and cause anxiety as integrations unfold. The motivation behind some strategic decisions and how they align to the companies core values are not always well-explained.

Having a strong culture sometimes means that people just aren't a good cultural fit. Those mismatches can require decisive action to resolve. Allowing them to stew only allows bad apples to spoil the bunch.

Good place to begin a career

I worked at Corporation Service Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They hire right out of college.
    Very friendly, young and exciting staff working there.
    Good benefits including 401k match, profit sharing and bonus.
    A LOT of job security.
    Growing at a fast pace.

Cons

No upward mobility - a lot of people become "supervisors" but the pay increase is usually less than $1000 a year.
    Management are either outside hires, or ex-HR managers that seem to have promoted themselves to "team leads" - not sure how that isn't a conflict of interest. Everyone being fairly young is a good thing for socializing, but bad if you want expert help.
    Staff are very underpaid unless you're on a sales team. Average beginning salary is $31,000 - $34,000, and you'll literally stay there for 5 years straight.

From a business standpoint, I think you're doing a good job. Keeping costs low and hiring people that just need jobs and benefits. I do believe that you need to realize that a lot of your team leads are only in those positions because of who they know, and not what they know. There is quite a lot of wasted talent there, but as a lot of the team leads are under-educated on management techniques, they are unable to nurture that talent and retain it.

Ok company to wrok

I have been working at Corporation Service Company

Pros

Good company to work for long term

Cons

Good company to work for long term

A Good Stepping Stone

I have been working at Corporation Service Company

Pros

This is a strong place to start your experience in a corporation. It's exciting, fresh, and you have the ability to jump from group to group to help expand your education on how a company works.

Cons

The pay is not desirable. I have a higher degree and experience but it didn't help.

None.

I dont get how people stay here very long

Current Employee - Corporate in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Corporate in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Great people to work with---if they're on your team.

Cons

Organization is a problem. Great ideas for company profit however execution is lacking. You are expected to assume multiple roles without compensation for the activities. The company product is based on multiple teams executing their duties, sadly if you are not a part of a specific team no one cares about how poor work on different teams negatively affects your work. I suggest a business consultant to help restructure.

Agile, Forward Thinking, and Growing

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Corporation Service Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CSC is highly committed to Agile Software Development and the IT leadership is serious about fostering an environment that sets up Agile teams for success. The people at CSC are great to work with...being a team player here means giving 100% in support of your team but also getting 100% back from the company. Management is flexible and open to ideas for new technologies and improvements. Technical debt is prioritized and addressed in a systematic manner to prevent it from becoming a roadblock to future development.

Cons

Development is augmented using offshore teams. While the teams are highly competent and very engaged, there are always inherent challenges working across time zones.

Corporation Service Company Photos