Corptax, LLC

David Shea

High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches

Marketing (Current Employee)
Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time for less than a year

ProsThe leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

ConsThe Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads.

Sales Department (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time

ProsMany people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

ConsIt can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

Current Employee of almost a year - Sales

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time

ProsCorptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

ConsThis job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!

Great Company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork hard and make your numbers, it's a great place to be. No room for laziness since it's a small company and everyone has to pitch-in.

ConsOverall vision can be fuzzy at times

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on career path mobility

I love my job at Corptax. They treat me very well. I could make more money but who couldn't.

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood working environment. Great Boss. Excellent Team in my Department. Treated with respect.

ConsI'd say we need better training and better communications betwen Development and Support.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Work hard and enjoy the company

Plano, TX

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat collaboration-no silly pettiness. Everyone drives hard to hit the mark and there is a sincerity to friendships throughout. Opportunites to grow, even outside current department prevelant.

ConsCan get crazy during tax deadlines, and long hours can occur. So often communication can break down and things get missed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be a partner not a taskmaster.

Working at Corptax has been developmentally rewarding. I am more competent and capable as a result of my work there.

I have been working at Corptax, LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsChallenging work, cutting edge technology, talented people who share their experience and expertise, pride of ownership, extraordinary commitment to our clients, and no two days are ever alike! I'm always learning every day!

ConsThe work can be very challenging and urgent because we are so responsive to our clients' needs. The envorinment is ever evolving, and this could be difficult for some people if they are uncomfortable in that type of environment,

it's a good experience that add good knowledge to my career path

Technical Operations Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corptax, LLC

Prosnot enough benefits for employees

ConsCoworkers are ready to share knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the company vision with employees

Great technology leadership

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corptax, LLC

ProsTechnology leadership, small company mentality, opportunities for advancement, good growth potential, stable market niche

ConsLong hours, not enough communication from the top management to the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to the employees

Horrible IT Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corptax, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive salary & benefits. Challenging workplace where you can touch lots of cutting edge technology and move FAST. Most folks working there are great.

ConsNo respect of work-life balance (at least within Technology), combative and abrasive IT leadership with no respect for staff

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat IT staff and software developers with dignity if you want to retain talent

Worked for Corptax, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corptax, LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corptax, LLC CEO David Shea. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Corptax, LLC employees.