Corptax Reviews

David Shea

High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

Horrible senior IT management

I worked at Corptax

Pros

Good health insurance.
    Latest technology.
    Nice to work with IT development team.

Cons

Management knows who or what is the issue with the IT organization and constantly ignores the root cause. No work life balance. There is no word 'polite' in corptax's dictionary.

Fix the root cause or recruit more H1B holders so that they will stay with the company.

Current Employee of almost a year - Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Corptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

Cons

This job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

The atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads.

Current Employee - Sales Department  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Many people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

Cons

It can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

Corptax - lead by megalomaniac CTO

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Latest technology, intelligent staff with lots of passion.

Cons

CTO runs the business including product direction and most critical development (he develops that himself), lack of mature Agile organization. Too more swearing, yelling and anger management issues. Workforce isn't very happy and collaborative and that should improve through more complimenting and less criticism.

Train your people more and slow down to allow for higher quality delivery.

Horrible IT Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits. Challenging workplace where you can touch lots of cutting edge technology and move FAST. Most folks working there are great.

Cons

No respect of work-life balance (at least within Technology), combative and abrasive IT leadership with no respect for staff

Treat IT staff and software developers with dignity if you want to retain talent

Mediocre Company at best

Former Employee - Sales Department  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, Good Health Insurance and 401k matching

Cons

Mediocre company with mediocre people.

Quit micro managing, you are not that good at it. Fire the people who do not contribute to the bottom line. Don't fire the ones who are honest and ethical.

Highly dysfunctional tech org

Former Employee - Technology Org  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Org in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax full-time

Pros

- Higher salary compared to local market, good benefits
    - People in other departments are nice
    - If you enjoy being spoken to like an idiot by leadership, this is the place for you!

Cons

- Dev organization does not have work/life balance
    - Releases are not well planned and are whatever leadership feels like doing that week, so dev has to make up for it by working weekends
    - CTO leads dev, tech ops, QA, product, and CODES
    - Move to agile development is in name only, no cultural backing from leadership
    - High turnover: people quit frequently after a short tenure, and people are fired frequently
    - Parent company turns a blind eye to leadership's public verbal abuse of employees

Everyone knows what (who) the problem is.

Very nice people to work with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Greatest and the latest technology. Very good people to work with. Product is used by a lot of big companies and thus can be a stable place to work. Technology team is trying out Agile and they seem to getting on track.

Cons

There is still some interference from the top on how people should write code. Work can sometime s get hectic but that is the case with most software jobs. Directors, who are supposed to have learnt the art of communication apparently have not.

Please ensure that there is a process and it followed to the dot even if it means a couple of delayed product releases. It's extremely important for CSC to ensure that this happens. No company can be centered around one person.(I'm sure you know the person). Also, have some career path for software engineers. One should not join as a software engineer and retire as one.

Work hard and enjoy the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Corptax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great collaboration-no silly pettiness. Everyone drives hard to hit the mark and there is a sincerity to friendships throughout. Opportunites to grow, even outside current department prevelant.

Cons

Can get crazy during tax deadlines, and long hours can occur. So often communication can break down and things get missed.

Management should be a partner not a taskmaster.

Worked for Corptax? Contribute to the Community!