Corptax Reviews

32 reviews filtered by
3.4
David Shea

Great place to work.

I have been working at Corptax

Pros

Lots of benefits, paid sick time, paid vacation.

Cons

Fast moving. Constant changing environment.

Good company-good folks-good job.

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a very collaborative environment even reaching across "company borders". The benefits are great and there is a core belief customers make us successful and we make each other successful. Hard work-long hours occasionally thru the year-but lots of pride in jobs well done. Many friendships within the company and a willingness to help.

Cons

Struggles to improve career paths exists but being worked on. There is negativity in some areas, but it also does not go unaddressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the right folks and look at the winners to determine who leads. Keep investing in those that reap great results....

3. Software Development Company – Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work! My team is very collaborative. People on my team and in other departments contribute to my success. The work is fast paced, never dull and can be challenging. The people are very smart and passionate about what they do!

- Corptax invests in the latest .Net technologies, professional and personal development.
      - Exceptional benefits
      - Financially stable company and Fortune 1000 clients

Cons

- Very quick turnaround times are required on some projects.
      - Advanced planning may help with some of the quick turnaround expectations.

Advice to Management

- An additional office in downtown Chicago might help attract additional tech talent.

High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches

Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads.

Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Many people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

Cons

It can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

Current Employee of almost a year - Sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Corptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

Cons

This job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work hard and make your numbers, it's a great place to be. No room for laziness since it's a small company and everyone has to pitch-in.

Cons

Overall vision can be fuzzy at times

Advice to Management

Continue to work on career path mobility

9. I love my job at Corptax. They treat me very well. I could make more money but who couldn't.

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good working environment. Great Boss. Excellent Team in my Department. Treated with respect.

Cons

I'd say we need better training and better communications betwen Development and Support.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Work hard and enjoy the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great collaboration-no silly pettiness. Everyone drives hard to hit the mark and there is a sincerity to friendships throughout. Opportunites to grow, even outside current department prevelant.

Cons

Can get crazy during tax deadlines, and long hours can occur. So often communication can break down and things get missed.

Advice to Management

Management should be a partner not a taskmaster.

11. Working at Corptax has been developmentally rewarding. I am more competent and capable as a result of my work there.

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, cutting edge technology, talented people who share their experience and expertise, pride of ownership, extraordinary commitment to our clients, and no two days are ever alike! I'm always learning every day!

Cons

The work can be very challenging and urgent because we are so responsive to our clients' needs. The envorinment is ever evolving, and this could be difficult for some people if they are uncomfortable in that type of environment,

Corptax Photos