Corptax

David Shea

Superior Technology - negative work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Corptax full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The software is great with many loyal customers.

Cons

Poor management is the issue. Releases are not planned and work load is heavy ALL year. Be prepared to work 7 days a week - including holidays! Money is the bottom line, not employees or customers. Poor communication within the executive committee trickles down and causes all the extra man hours.

Start implementing true Agile development to focus your work processes more efficiently. Really give your employees respect and learn their value. Train management at all levels - some Directors are poor leaders and have been promoted due to seniority and not because of their skills. Many inappropriate and disrespectful remarks by leadership create a negative work environment. I feel lucky to have escaped this sweatshop mentality.

it's a good experience that add good knowledge to my career path

Current Employee - Technical Operations Engineer in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Engineer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax

Pros

not enough benefits for employees

Cons

Coworkers are ready to share knowledge

Share the company vision with employees

OK Job in Tough Times......Would consider other Options in a better Economy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Corptax

Pros

Balance of work versus home life.

Cons

Poor communication from Sr. Management to other employees. Career pathing non-existent.

Share more information, down and across the organization.

Somewhere between bad and neutral

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax

Pros

location, ability to work from home

Cons

Work distributed among the developers. Premature software decisions, no documentation. Solving with spontaneous decisions with almost no design patterns

Great technology leadership

Current Employee - Manager in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax

Pros

Technology leadership, small company mentality, opportunities for advancement, good growth potential, stable market niche

Cons

Long hours, not enough communication from the top management to the employees

Be more open to the employees

Working at Corptax has been developmentally rewarding. I am more competent and capable as a result of my work there.

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging work, cutting edge technology, talented people who share their experience and expertise, pride of ownership, extraordinary commitment to our clients, and no two days are ever alike! I'm always learning every day!

Cons

The work can be very challenging and urgent because we are so responsive to our clients' needs. The envorinment is ever evolving, and this could be difficult for some people if they are uncomfortable in that type of environment,

I love my job at Corptax. They treat me very well. I could make more money but who couldn't.

I have been working at Corptax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good working environment. Great Boss. Excellent Team in my Department. Treated with respect.

Cons

I'd say we need better training and better communications betwen Development and Support.

Keep up the good work.

Good technology but really really bad management

I worked at Corptax

Pros

The only plus would be the usage of latest technology

Cons

Horrible horrible management
    No respect for people (technical mangers talk down and show no respect)
    Negative and frustrating environment to work in
    Worst technology management to work for
    Unrealistic goals and expectations
    The only goal of this company is to make money and make it fast
    No processes and documentation
    Technology management does not learn anything from the past and repeat the same mistakes over and over again
    And at last but not least, it's always YOUR fault no matter what

Fire technology management

Great to work with bleeding edge technology, but they will bleed you to death with work expectations.

Former Employee - Technology
    Former Employee - Technology

I worked at Corptax

Pros

Work with latest technology
    Some management is a pleaseure to work with
    CEO has the company going in the right direction

Cons

Senior Technology Management has poor people skills
    "Get the work done now" mentality and then no appreciation for working weekends
    Lack appreciation for hard work
    Technology area needs better managers

I would not work here unless certain personnel have left the company as they are responsible for not treating people like human beings. They will speak like they care, but the proof is in the way they talk down to you and treat you like you are nothing. No respect from managers to employee. If you need a job go work for Wal-Mart and not here.

Treat employees with respect and you will get better performance from them. Appreciate the work they do by simple things like sending emails with job well done at least. Don't take your employees for granted.

Terrible employer with no conscience or respect

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Corptax

Pros

Opportunity to make industry and company contacts, and to develop an inside view of the culture of potential future employers. Frequent and long assignments provide significant time to meet and work with client employees and to receive candid insight into their work environment. Aside from this, I cannot think of any redeeming qualities that this employer had or currently has. Used to be owned by Deloitte (happier days), but senior management worked with new ownership to mislead many employees into cooperating and going along with purchase by private equity fund. Significant improvements needed, but unlikely to occur in near future.

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic workloads, and project expectations. Significant travel, with unrealistic (and unsafe) dining and lodging per diems. Poor pay and worse benefits, which managment insists is competitive. Training and development is non-existent. Definitely a culture that rewards nepotism and personal relationships over competence and hardwork. Many blatant examples of open fraternization (by upper management, no less), and sexual harassment (especially of foreign nationals). There are some very talented individuals working there, but many more who would have you believe they know what they are doing. Unfortunately, the first group is often promoted earlier than the second, and then works hard to prevent the promotion of others who might expose their incompetence. Currently owned by an equity fund, so you may suspect the typical formula of developing the impression of value over four to five years (maybe longer in current economic environment), and then selling to new ownership.

Treat your employees and clients as humans, not disposable means to your own profits.

Corptax Photos