Correct Care Solutions

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
2.9

Jerry Boyle

CCS seems like a good company, however some employees don't seem to fit well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with school
    Mostly good team members
    Somewhat flexible hours

Cons

Environment can be negative and it takes a very long time to get any good changes going.

Great Company, Treats employees with respect.

Current Employee - IT Support in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IT Support in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for CCS over 10 years, the company treats employees superbly. CCS asks a lot from its people but the amount of team work and support is second to none.

Cons

Long hours from time to time.

Excellent staff-Poor management

Current Employee - Staff in Rutland, VT
    Current Employee - Staff in Rutland, VT

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most staff are hard working and help each other whenever possible.

Cons

Pay RN's as LPN's saying only one RN is needed at each site. HSA's Constantly complaining about work staff is doing but never offer to help or be part of the solution. HSA's have staff do all of the reports and stats then take credit for it because it was really their job to do. Require computer work to be done on your own time. Money is good but not worth it.

Make more site visits and LISTEN to the staff doing the work

Incompetent upper management, site level staff is freaking awesome!

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-On site team is one of the best. I work with some of the best medical staff around! We all work together like clockwork.
    -Never bored.
    - Flexible schedule when working around family committments ie: Dr. appointments, illness etc.

Cons

- Even when you're done for the day, the job continues.
    - Redundant reports / paperwork.
    - Upper management (corporate) is utterly clueless, iti seems that they are always changing policies then a few days later changing it again - each without consideration of what is happening at the site level.
    - Too many chiefs, not enough indians. MICRO-MANAGEMENT!!
    -Training consists of being given binders with new policies and being told to "review and initiate".
    -Lack of confidence in staff.
    - "Benefits" package is more like a punishment. The costs are astronomical!
    -Annual reviews are RARELY completed on time, and when they are completed cross your fingers that you get more than a 2% increase. After taxes you won't see it anyway.

Get a clue!
    Train the staff appropriately and then trust them.
    Cut out all the middle management and get to know the people at the site level.
    Have enough faith in your staff to let them do the jobs they were trained for.
    Decide on a set set of policies and enforce them, stop changing them weekly. We at the site level will never be compliant with the policies if you keep changing them and don't communicate it effectively.
    When a person from upper management comes to the site, speak to the employees. Do not set in the HSA's office and be antisocial. If you are a leader, then act like it.
    The benefit package has got to be more affordable. You have staff working that will be spending more than 70% of the paycheck on insurance only. With that much being deducted how are they able to care for a family.
    The companies motto is "The Right People Doing The Right Thing" if you truely believe that then show it.

I worked at Correct Care Solutions

Pros

Providing great care for all patients.

Cons

Could be a great place to work & learn about health care in the correctional setting, however management & staff have taken on attributes of the inmates.

Closely monitor staff retention rates & overly stellar reports from satellite sites, anything can shine brightly with enough bleaching.

Great corporate sales pitch upon arrival but failed miserably to maintain on site management.

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with nice people
    Schedule flexibility

Cons

High failure rate to solicit, listen, or react to staff complaints or suggestions.
    Self absorbed managers
    Gender oriented bias and conflict
    Micro management
    Micro management
    did I say micro management..

Take the time to learn what your employees actually do before you start changing procedures in one area that then affects or involves multiple other departments!

Nurse

Current Employee - Nurse in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Nurse in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Regional and Corporate are responsive to needs.

Cons

Sometimes difficult working in the correctional environment.

Keep up the good work!

I feel valued and supported.

Current Employee - Health Services Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Health Services Administrator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The development, structure and function of this company is definitely something to be proud of. I am a former employee of Corizon (Va DOC) and yes, for the most part, we all do the same job. Each contract follows a similar suit, however, surveys show it's not always the work that leads to an employee's happiness. More often than not, it is who you work for. CCS is different and I believe that is intentional.
    The very individuals that laid the foundation never lost sight of what makes this company different. As an employee, I feel valued and find myself surrounded by people who genuinely care about other people regardless of who they are or what background they have emerged from. This is key and the support I have with my RVP, RM and the CIO who as busy as they are, continue to be available on a moments notice, is amazing. As leaders, their involvement in their relationships and the closeness of their interactions with us is phenomenal.
    One would assume this was a small company, and what is even more shocking is how it has retained the same objective and mission through all of its evolution. What I have learned from working for such a great company is that you do not have to stop being connected and closely involved just because you expand and become increasingly occupied. You just need to place people that understand the importance of connectivity, availability and involvement and strategically place them throughout. CCS has done just that. Managers are trained how to find and hire great people. That is what sets CCS above the rest, in my opinion. This is not a "warm body" company like many others who just want the job done. We have held positions open searching for the "right one" and I believe that is the way it should be. I am happy to be here and feel honored to have been chosen as one of their leaders.

Cons

Correctional healthcare is challenging and ever changing. That can be tiresome and requires a significant amount of dedication to withstand the pressure you will face.

Continue to support your employees and your employees will continue to support you.

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CCS is a growing company with a bright future. There are many opportunities for professionals who are willing to work and who desire to make a difference.

Cons

Correctional Healthcare is a challenging industry that sometimes requires a selfless attitude. If you're looking for an "easy job," then this is not the job you're looking for.

Senior Management has established a strong culture and has a bold vision for the future. My advice is to work very hard to not lose sight of the culture when pursuing the vision. If CCS sticks to its core values, it will continue to be successful.

The blind leading the blind.....

Current Employee - Hsa in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Hsa in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Correct Care Solutions full-time

Pros

Peers all try to help eachother out.

Cons

The regional management is clueless. I am so sick of hearing excuses from the RVP.

How can you put people in positions that have no idea what they are doing?