Corrections Corporation of America

Corrections Corporation of America Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Corrections Corporation of America President, CEO, and Director Damon T. Hininger

Damon T. Hininger

Pros
  • Good pay,good benefits,days off,paid time off(in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, guaranteed forty plus hours a week(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Prison stays understaffed(to line the business's pockets) so that means mandatory overtime; make you come on your day off, or write you up(in 4 reviews)

• Unprofessional upper management(in 4 reviews)

Prejudiced

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Florence, AZ

ProsGood pay, good benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, guaranteed forty plus hours a week. The Supervisors are on site at all times.

ConsYou are nothing more than a number for these people. They would like you to believe that they care for their employees. They do not.

Good company to work for

Detention Officer (Former Employee) California City, CA

ProsThe Job it self, good schedules,

Consto many differences between locations. no continuity between locations. (pay, training, management)

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership needs to be the same mind set. no matter the facility. pay should not be a matter of dollars but cents.

A real bad solution, to housing americas inmate population

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

Prosits a paycheck every 2 weeks

Consthe company thinks they invented corrections! they coudn't be more worng, they treat staff and inmates very poorly, like property. staff is very under trained. ACA standards used as needed but again they think they invented ACA standards. its only a matter of time till they get someone killed. oh wait! its already happened

Advice to Senior Managementyou get what you pay for... hire more staff and pay them to stick around

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy job, with a lot of politics and drama with staff.

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Whiteville, TN

ProsThis is one of the better paying jobs in my area, if you have no degree. It's an easy job. Decent benifits package.

ConsThere are a lot of cliques. Everything is a popularity contest. The pay is low for the job you do. It is considered a hazardous job, but you barely make over min wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people better. We like to see that we're appreciated for the work we do, especially on night shift. Raise the pay. We put our lives in danger for $5 less per hr than most low paying police departments, to do the same job. Promote based on who can do the job and not who's popular.

pit of hell work place Cimarron Correctional Facility

Correctional Officer (Former Employee) Cushing, OK

Prosthe company is not bad has good benfits and pay

Conssome of its facilites the management totally have their heads up their asses. And the stupidvisors if you are not of their race, gender, age group they will set you up with bogus claims to get you fired

Advice to Senior Managementto the managers in coporate clean out the whole bunch of inbreeding at this place and start again

A wonderful place to work.

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsUnlimited overtime, friendly environment, good experience

ConsNo comment at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment at this time

My short time in private corrections

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Eloy, AZ

ProsLots of hours available if you want them, and sometimes if you don't.

ConsGossiping staff members, so if you don't want "everyone" to know then don't tell "anyone." Also don't expect inmates to be disciplined the way policy states. They will get way with a lot so just grin and bare it. Lastly there is a lot of family relationships among staff so be careful who you say anything to.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor new security staff. If no one explains the correct procedures it will not be done correctly.

I worked with some outstanding managers, especially my Warden.

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Eloy, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, location and corporate support.

ConsWish they had locations to work in Michigan.

Do not Work here

Correctional Officer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExperience in Corrections, overtime is always there. Perfect if you do not want an outside life. Preferably do not have a family. You can date your co workers because that will be the only people you see.

ConsWork all the time for pitiful pay. Inmates have the run of the place. Get disrespected daily by inmates and staff. Unprofessional upper management. Promotions are predetermined before even posted. Yearly training is the same so you never really learn anything new. Become unsocialized in this environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake professionalism classes and learn professional etiquette.

It was not very good and old boy system not good for an outsider to come in from another career.

Case Manager (Former Employee) Eloy, AZ

ProsIf you want or need a job then they will hire you.

ConsNot a very professional environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the old boy network and bring in fresh outsiders.

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!