Corrections Corporation of America Reviews

Reset

1. Work Experience

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Youngstown, OH

Pros

Excellent pay and promotion potential

Cons

Contract based and relocation may be necessary

Use, abuse and throw away.

Former Employee - Senior Officer in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Officer in Memphis, TN

Pros

There are some great people here, and some of the jobs get to really help people.

Cons

The client hates you, and you have to be the bigger man all the time. Comapny burns you out, abuses your personal space, but you can't be tired on the job. Not as stable as they advertise!

Advice to Management

Don't be like the government, your people matter! Benefits, training, opportunities are all wit the company in mind but never the employee in mind. You think if the company does great, everyone will benefit, but there is always better, so you will never get there.

Great Correctional Organization

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Quality Leadership Great Benefits Unique Working Environment Teamwork

Cons

Training could use more modern information and maintain consistency

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. Excellent Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Life/Work balance. Telecommuting available. Excellent salary and benefits. People is friendly and approachable

Cons

Some members of the IT management team are very difficult to work with, they tend to micromanage and retaliate if you call them on their mistakes.

I loved my job there but the employees are the ones that you have to be worried about over the inmates.

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Eloy, AZ
    Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Eloy, AZ

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned alot in my almost 7 years there.

Cons

The staff and the upper management didn't have your back like they are suppose to in this type of environment.

Advice to Management

You should treat all employees equally

7. Good place to work with decent benefits

Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Henderson, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Henderson, TX

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, nice people, good hours

Cons

pay not so good, needs better disciplinary process

Advice to Management

Listen to concerns of employees

I learned that your never to old to learn.

Pros

I loved my job at Saguaro Correctional Center. I learned a lot during my almost 7 years. Self discipline and patience were the best and somewhat most challenging for me.

Cons

Management and other co-workers not working as a team. We're suppose to be more of a family and have each others backs 24/7

Advice to Management

They should listen to their officers more. Show more support and encouragement. Let them know when they go above and beyond their job performance.

Corrections Corporation of America was hard on families.

Former Employee - Paralegal in Kuna, ID
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Kuna, ID

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits were a major reason for continuing employment. The co-workers are all great people. The company also had nice parties for families.

Cons

The stress of needing to get my work done with no additional manpower was difficult. i had to be married to my job. This caused problems at home. This also contributed to my health beginning to suffer. My manager said I look stressed out!. Mandatory minimum number of employees is a mistake.

Advice to Management

Management needs to focus on making the company more friendly to families. Workers need to be able to go home and leave work at home.

CCA is a terrible place to work

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well. A lot of different opportunities.

Cons

Company has no loyalty to anyone. Years of good service mean nothing. Company does not appreciate good employees. Has a history of hanging employees out to dry for minor infractions regardless of their excellent work history. Preaches values and ethics which is another bunch of lies. It doesn't pay to be truthful there. You are better off being a liar. In fact the liars are the ones who run the place. Staff culture is - rumors galore and opinion of you by management is based on same rumors from what other back stabbers have to say about you to management, not your actual work ethic. The top management buys into the rumors which makes it so much harder to work there. Top management believes inmates over staff. The culture there is a stab you in the back , all for oneself and add in a lot of racial issues. Management is tyrannical-must worship the few as if they were Gods.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror -you hypocrites.

11. I worked there way to long

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are not to bad.

Cons

The pay is terrible. No good pay raises. to much overtime. turnover rate is 85%. And it's not because it's a jail. The management does not treat you with respect. No restroom breaks. If you have to go you will have to use an inmates cell. You are not aloud to leave the unit.

Advice to Management

For Warden Jennings stop thinking you are better than everyone else. Start talking to your employees like there people. Go and talk to them one on one. For the unit Management staff you need to start backing up your post officers. Spend more time in the units.

RSS Feed </> Embed