Corsair

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.7

Andy Paul

Great company moving to change directions and overcome some past challenges; excellent road ahead of growth and profit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, perks like time off, shutdown and holiday policies, solid co-workers that are great, and good company values.

Cons

More training would be great, more work-life balance would be nice, like telecommuting; more recognition and rewards.

Transparency in all dealings with the employees and the company; get around and meet with managers and employees more often on a one to one basis; ask for feedback and then make the genuine changes and effort whenever and wherever possible.

Think Twice - Unstable work environment and CYA culture. Not an enjoyable place to work.

I worked at Corsair

Pros

Good Salary & Benefits. Dedicated Associate Level Employees. Free Parking. Loyal Customer Base. Great Core Products

Cons

High Middle Management Turnover. Disconnected Senior Executives. Constant Strategy Changes. Very Political Environment.

N/A

Just like every other company

I worked at Corsair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like to play video games. Nice coworkers. Nice weather in fremont

Cons

Bad management with little opportunity to grow as an employee

Stop thinking you know everything.

Great Experience So Far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at Corsair have been wonderful to work with. Everyone is pretty laid back but also has a sense of urgency when it comes down to business. I am really enjoying my time here, the CEO seems very friendly and has a great sense of humor during the company meetings. Also, I LOVE the fact that we have quarterly functional meetings with the CEO and a small group of employees were we are free to ask any questions to the CEO. Management team at Corsair want to see you grow as an individual and take on more responsibility as your time progresses at Corsair.

Cons

Only cons is the pay can be a little higher to meet market but overall pretty decent.

Pleasant & Friendly

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I have been here for about 2 weeks now and everyone seems very pleasant and friendly to work with. The pay is OK too. Corsair has great products, which is why I wanted to work for them in the first place. People here are available to answer questions if you have any, which helps a lot. From my experience so far, Corsair seems to really care about employees and the people they hire. Nice place to work at. Freeway access is great too.

Cons

The only Con that I can think of right now is people having no consideration when walking up and down the stairs, which creates a lot noise.

Great potential but mismanaged

I have been working at Corsair

Pros

Company has great potential due to extremelly passionate and dedicated employees. It is trying to reinvent itself and grow into a more "established" company but at what cost...

Cons

The cost of the change is on the employees... Long working hours, frequent strategy/course changes, a distant upper management that struggles to relate with employees, all this leading to an inability to execute in a timely fashion on product launches - which makes it even harder on us, the employees.

There is no such thing as perfection. Squeezing every last drop of energy out of the employees to try to reach this goal will only exhaust the team.

Terrible company to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Corsair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to my home only

Cons

Worst work/life balance, no support from management. Poor benefits - 10 PTO/year etc.

Treat your employees better

Successful in spite of itself.

I have been working at Corsair full-time

Pros

Top shelf talent. Passionate up-and-comers. Opportunities to advance for people with the ambition to go after them.

Cons

Total lack of accountability. Serious problems will be identified and fixed, but the root cause is never addressed. Managers and up largely only interested in covering their own mistakes. CEO doesn't lead, just meddles.

Turn the CEO into a figurehead and let the COO handle the real work. Figure out a re-org and stick with it. Start seriously pushing for accountability from all management and figure out how you prioritize spending.

Invest in the damn company instead of just cheaping out on everything internally.

TERRIBLE COMPANY FOR WORK!!

I worked at Corsair full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Office is close to my home

Cons

Terrible working atmosphere with no hard working appreciation. Cheap company with bad benefits. Try to avoid working for this company. It was a nightmare for me.

Appreciate your employees!!!!

The Small guy trying to play big.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, great co-workers, at certain level/departments (sales only) work-life balance. Good looking offices, great social events like Christmas party, summer picnic.

Cons

Salaries, upper management, information not being shared, no training at all, no people skills as a requirement to be a manager, no coaching, no career development, no manager/leader to admire/follow.

Put more thinking behind how your managers are trating/develop their people/teams.. Invest in your people and you will retain talent and knowledge giving you the competitive advantage that you are looking in your products.

Corsair Photos