Corsair Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Andy Paul

Toxic for your health and career

Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really are none. Get your pay elsewhere.

Cons

Where to start? This company is run by a dominatrix for a COO who knows all and what is best and seems to make decisions by literally throwing darts at the board and hoping the strategy hits the bulls eye. Most of the time the decisions are ad hoc, without research and without merit and turn to crap.

The upper management are puppets and yes men to her. All who actually come with ideas have been chased out as she only looks for yes men lap dogs. The result is a horrible atmosphere in the company with managers who have no balls and do whatever she says. The CEO is a straw man.

The directors are all from external companies and make loads of money, while they pile the work onto us lower peons and expect way too much when they themselves are useless. The result is they work people until they burn out and then they fire them for lack of productivity. The turnover alone for empoyees is very high.

Annual raises are a joke, between .5 - 3 % even in a record year. Mostly, it is insulting what they give, yet they continue to pile more work on you with the promise to review your salary in the next Quarter. It never happens.

There is no coaching, or training, or career advancement. If you do get a promotion, you can expect the same pay, or maybe 5% on top. It is a joke.

The atmosphere is CYA, back stabbing, finger pointing and there is an extreme lack of collaboration between departments. I have never worked in such a toxic dump.

Advice to Management

Fire your COO and all the directors. Learn to treat your employees right. Pay them at least market level and give them good raises. Profit sharing is ok when it happens, but never happens each quarter. You need to change the politics in the company or you will go down.

You deserve better!

Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people here, unfortunately few to none in management.

Cons

Corsair is one of those places where managers who are at the end of their careers gravitate towards. They have been working for 15-20+ years already and are no longer hungry or driven. They come here to be a "Yes Man" to the aloof CEO and the Micromanager COO while they dump the work on young overworked and underpaid talent. They set expectations out of thin air with ever changing deadlines, collect annual bonuses while doling out 0-3% annual raises, even after a record breaking year!

The only sure fire way to get decent raises is to get an offer from another company to show to that you're underpaid and undervalued or live off the "we're working on getting you what you deserve!" indefinitely. Word to the wise, take the offer elsewhere, you'll be much happier.

If you're young and ambitious, you'll start here determined to learn and make a dent. What will happen is you'll be drained of every ounce of enthusiasm, run into one road block after another by people who are incompetent but prideful until finally you'll burnout and realize life is too short to stay at a place like this.

Perks: There are none! Save your change! Corsair will provide you with unlimited tap water, but if you want anything else, they have vending machines are more expensive than Airport vending machines!

Advice to Management

Hiring more managers to manage existing managers who are already pawning off work to the already overworked staff, how could such a strategy fail?

Where do I start?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair

Pros

Health Benefits
    Quarterly bonus
    New office

Cons

The company is run by the C.O.O who thinks she knows everything. If you are someone's favorite then you are sure to succeed. Upper management will yell and curse at you. They have no sense of respect and do not take responsibility for their mistakes.

Advice to Management

The upper management is so far gone no advice can even be given

Corsair was a waste of my time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair

Pros

Only pro was living close to work, only 10 min commute.

Cons

Working at corsair I wore many hats but was never acknowledged for all my hard work. The one thing I dislike about this place is how the CEO never acknowledged his employees if he didn't know them by name he has his favorites and that's the sales team. The COO basically runs the company and the employees are paid way below average. I would say stay away from this place. No employee recognition or fun activities for employees, executives don't think it's worth the money.

Advice to Management

Fight hard for your hardworking employees, they deserve better pay.

Worst place to work at ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Corsair full-time

Pros

Profit sharing but not guaranteed every month, literally the only pro of working here.

Cons

toxic environment--extremely poor company culture, working hard doesn't reward you, they make a lot of very very questionable personnel changes, underpay everyone and stack responsibilities without compensating.

Advice to Management

please treat your employees better

Just like every other company

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to play video games. Nice coworkers. Nice weather in fremont

Cons

Bad management with little opportunity to grow as an employee

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything.

Great potential but mismanaged

I have been working at Corsair

Pros

Company has great potential due to extremelly passionate and dedicated employees. It is trying to reinvent itself and grow into a more "established" company but at what cost...

Cons

The cost of the change is on the employees... Long working hours, frequent strategy/course changes, a distant upper management that struggles to relate with employees, all this leading to an inability to execute in a timely fashion on product launches - which makes it even harder on us, the employees.

Advice to Management

There is no such thing as perfection. Squeezing every last drop of energy out of the employees to try to reach this goal will only exhaust the team.

Corsair Response

Jan 19, 2015Recruiter

Appreciate the kudos on potential, and we're working hard to right manage moving forward.

Terrible company to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to my home only

Cons

Worst work/life balance, no support from management. Poor benefits - 10 PTO/year etc.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

TERRIBLE COMPANY FOR WORK!!

I worked at Corsair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is close to my home

Cons

Terrible working atmosphere with no hard working appreciation. Cheap company with bad benefits. Try to avoid working for this company. It was a nightmare for me.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees!!!!

Good intentions vs scary bad senior management

Current Employee - Professional in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Professional in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and passionate employees who work hard.

Cons

Horrible senior management. CEO is cheap and strange, recently preferring to spend more time off on safari than at work. New COO is a nightmare. She is the worst micro-manager I have ever seen, whose lack of humility is only exceeded by her willingness to make "snap decisions" without understanding the facts. New board (following investment by Francisco Partners) has made things worse.

Do not look for empowerment at Corsair. Do not expect to be compensated fairly, or that annual reviews will have any relationship to reality. Nobody here knows how to manage people.

Advice to Management

Start looking beyond HP for senior management experience.

RSS Feed </> Embed