Corsair Reviews

Reset
2.0
Andy Paul

1. No light at the end of the tunnel

Pros

Profit sharing might be the only Pro.

Cons

The morale is down. Everyone is leaving, has already left or is preparing to leave. I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. The salary increases were almost non-existent. We had a wave of exciting things happening here because we had a new executive assistant but she is gone too. The upper management isn't doing anything. Corsair is not what is used to be.

Advice to Management

Consider your employees, the hard work they do and compensate them fairly

All these 1-Star Reviews

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is if you put yourself out there, you can get to know some pretty cool people. However, lately in 2015 all I've been hearing is, "damn, another good one gone" because all the good people know their worth. They know that they deserve better than Corsair and they have all really found MUCH better and are a lot happier now. It is also a pro on the occasion that we actually DO get profit share for that quarter. Since our raises are a joke, every little bit matters. We have an employee discount on our products. Though it seems the % keeps dropping over the years, 50% --> 40% --> 30%. Oh, they also reduced the cost of the food in our vending machines recently. No, we're not like other companies, we don't have free snacks or drinks. snacks used to be $1.50+ and drinks were $3+ for a normal dasani bottle water or soda. If you like to walk, we are next to a nice creek path. You can see squirrels, geese, etc.

Cons

Office politics, lots of it. If you like to play the blame game, this is the place to be. I do agree that a lot of the directors are old and incompetent. They make split second decisions and do not consult others, resulting in dumb releases that are not popular with the public. There is no growth, your ideas do not matter. Would you want to work your butt off only to find out your yearly raise feels like pocket change? Sure getting a promotion is an excuse to give you a raise, but those will only be allowed if the opening/need arises. The company is doing too poorly to do anything for you. You should already be warned when you see so many one star reviews for this company, you can assume that the 5 star reviews are created by HR. Before I started, I asked in my interviewer why Corsair had so many bad reviews. Their natural response, "well, you know, there will always be disgruntled employees in every company" When I took this job, it was at a pay cut and I had other options. The only thing I had hope for was because they spent an hour trying to convince me of my potential for growth, so I felt that -i- was actually of value, so I gave it a chance. I did tasks out of my responsibilities and worked 10 hour days only to hear at my exit interview "well, that was unfortunate"

Advice to Management

If you want to treat good people like they are disposable, then all you will be left with is a pile of trash. You should take a hard look at what people are really saying and not discredit or disregard it to "go back to business as usual" or you will never progress as a company.

Not available

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time

Pros

There is no pros for working in this company.

Cons

- horrible managers. No formal training - stuck up CEO. He is so greedy. All he cares is product and money. Everybody else is disposable. - they hired immigrants to keep the cost down.

Advice to Management

Listen to your own employee. Consider bringing in 360

Bad Company culture

I worked at Corsair full-time

Pros

I enjoyed some employees work here

Cons

COO has a negative influence on the culture. Only employees she likes get her attention. She thinks she is always right, does not like to not be agreed with. I do not trust her

Advice to Management

Too much power is given to the COO

Don't do it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people here are nice.. Nice location.

Cons

If you like a cut throat work environment, this is the place for you. CEO is cheap, and doesn't appreciate his employees. The pay is not at market value, and if you ask for a raise expect to get laughed at.

Advice to Management

Learn how to appreciate your employees, pay them better and stop being so damn cheap.

7. Great Experience and Great Opportunities

I have been working at Corsair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Corsair makes really great products - We're in a very exciting industry - We have a legion of passionate PC Gamer fans - Brand new office and new management team - Lots of opportunity for smart and passionate people to pitch great ideas and get them supported! - CEO and COO are good people. Smart and they have an open door to new ideas.

Cons

- Its a period of transition for the better, but more change still needs to happen. The company culture is too meeting heavy. - Company, SR Management is still learning to adapt to new business areas, but they are learning quickly. - Yes things get busy at times. But if you are passionate about the business of PC gaming you will get to work on exciting projects that matter.

Advice to Management

- Look to address matters of company culture and organization.

8. Ok place to work

I worked at Corsair full-time

Pros

People are nice and ok working area.

Cons

Promotion opportunity is very limited.

Toxic for your health and career

Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really are none. Get your pay elsewhere.

Cons

Where to start? This company is run by a dominatrix for a COO who knows all and what is best and seems to make decisions by literally throwing darts at the board and hoping the strategy hits the bulls eye. Most of the time the decisions are ad hoc, without research and without merit and turn to crap. The upper management are puppets and yes men to her. All who actually come with ideas have been chased out as she only looks for yes men lap dogs. The result is a horrible atmosphere in the company with managers who have no balls and do whatever she says. The CEO is a straw man. The directors are all from external companies and make loads of money, while they pile the work onto us lower peons and expect way too much when they themselves are useless. The result is they work people until they burn out and then they fire them for lack of productivity. The turnover alone for empoyees is very high. Annual raises are a joke, between .5 - 3 % even in a record year. Mostly, it is insulting what they give, yet they continue to pile more work on you with the promise to review your salary in the next Quarter. It never happens. There is no coaching, or training, or career advancement. If you do get a promotion, you can expect the same pay, or maybe 5% on top. It is a joke. The atmosphere is CYA, back stabbing, finger pointing and there is an extreme lack of collaboration between departments. I have never worked in such a toxic dump.

Advice to Management

Fire your COO and all the directors. Learn to treat your employees right. Pay them at least market level and give them good raises. Profit sharing is ok when it happens, but never happens each quarter. You need to change the politics in the company or you will go down.

You deserve better!

Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people here, unfortunately few to none in management.

Cons

Corsair is one of those places where managers who are at the end of their careers gravitate towards. They have been working for 15-20+ years already and are no longer hungry or driven. They come here to be a "Yes Man" to the aloof CEO and the Micromanager COO while they dump the work on young overworked and underpaid talent. They set expectations out of thin air with ever changing deadlines, collect annual bonuses while doling out 0-3% annual raises, even after a record breaking year! The only sure fire way to get decent raises is to get an offer from another company to show to that you're underpaid and undervalued or live off the "we're working on getting you what you deserve!" indefinitely. Word to the wise, take the offer elsewhere, you'll be much happier. If you're young and ambitious, you'll start here determined to learn and make a dent. What will happen is you'll be drained of every ounce of enthusiasm, run into one road block after another by people who are incompetent but prideful until finally you'll burnout and realize life is too short to stay at a place like this. Perks: There are none! Save your change! Corsair will provide you with unlimited tap water, but if you want anything else, they have vending machines are more expensive than Airport vending machines!

Advice to Management

Hiring more managers to manage existing managers who are already pawning off work to the already overworked staff, how could such a strategy fail?

Where do I start?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Health Benefits Quarterly bonus New office

Cons

The company is run by the C.O.O who thinks she knows everything. If you are someone's favorite then you are sure to succeed. Upper management will yell and curse at you. They have no sense of respect and do not take responsibility for their mistakes.

Advice to Management

The upper management is so far gone no advice can even be given

RSS Feed </> Embed