Corvirtus

www.corvirtus.com

Corvirtus Reviews

Updated May 19, 2014

Marta Erhard

Great entrepreneurial, opportunistic, start-up type environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsSmall company with supportive and hard-working teammates. Fast-paced environment with many opportunities to learn and get involved in a variety of professional disciplines. Leadership, and in particular Marta Erhard and Tom DeCotiis, display intense caring and respect for the team and company, and truly believe that the teammate/employee experience is the key to unlocking success. Teammate input is encouraged and welcomed, and leadership takes all feedback seriously and to heart. Much more transparency than you'll find at many companies, some of it attributable to the small size of the company, but much more of it a result of the inclusive culture. This doesn't mean that there aren't times when there may be disagreement about decisions or the direction of the company, but the opportunity to openly discuss perspectives, even if different, is far beyond what I've experienced in other companies. Teammates have the opportunity to know more about the company and get more involved in the business than they would at a larger, more traditional company. Significant focus on creating opportunities for teammates to grow and leadership strikes a good balance between managing the day-to-day needs of the business and allowing some space for teammates to stretch and learn on the job. Small team is very diverse and interesting, ranging from early career emerging Millennial professionals to seasoned business leaders.

ConsThe fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment requires that teammates display resilience, agility and comfort with change, and is not for everyone. The evolving nature of the business and small size of the company means that teammates must take the personal initiative to communicate, seek development opportunities and involve themselves in activities that may overlap traditional functional boundaries and roles. I personally don't consider these things cons, but they may be cons for those who seek more structure and predictability in their day-to-day activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek ways to evolve and differentiate the company to meet the new challenges that have emerged in recent years. Maintain the courage to do what is needed to ensure the future success of the company, no matter how difficult, and at times frustrating, the journey may be.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Consultant (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThere are opportunities to learn and get involved in a wide variety of work roles and tasks at Corvirtus. Leadership, initiative, and courage are highly valued and rewarded. The environment supports creativity and teamwork. The organization is very flat, offering more communication, transparency, and input at all levels than is typical. Work-life balance is exceptional. Because the business is flexible and tolerant of change, people thrive here that can also be flexible and tolerant of change.

ConsThe organization is small and flat, so advancement in the since of taking on direct leadership of departments, supervising more people, or receiving new titles, etc. is correspondingly limited. However, that doesn't mean that development is limited or pay cannot be advanced. One can certainly advance one's own knowledge, skills, and pay/benefits through collaboration with teammates, initiative, hard work, and a willingness to take on new, perhaps even intimidating tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince I am a current employee, I share my recommendations and advice directly with upper management or utilize other existing internal channels to do so (i.e., If I have advice, I've already shared it).

This ship is sinking and the captain has dropped anchor.

ProsGood people overall. People tend to care about each other and are very resilient during tough times like right now.

ConsLeadership is beyond repair. No direction, no strategy, no authenticity. I've been here for a while and things just seem to be getting worse and worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry being genuine for a change and "practice what you preach." Our way is dead. The elephant in the room is that we all know we are struggling. And the sheer moodiness of leadership is at times, unbearable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teammates flourish at Corvirtus.

Industrial Organizational Psychology Professional (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsTalented and supportive colleagues. Above market compensation and benefits. Working with high-profile customers to improve the employment experience of others. Open-minded, caring and supportive leadership team. Collaborative teammates. Smaller organization means lots of opportunity for each person champion ideas and change. Comfortable and spacious office environment.

ConsAlthough Corvirtus has immeasurable positive qualities that make for a meaningful, nurturing, and engaging work environment, it is a smaller company; it's lean nature can create a high-demand work environment, and requires efficient teamwork to accomplish goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarta Erhard and Tom DeCotiis care just as deeply about CV employees as the vision and mission of the company.

Was a great place up to 2008

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsUsed to be a great place to work. People stayed, candidates wanted to work here and the business was in good health.

ConsWe've lost a lot of talent over the years. The culture turned from engaged to doing the minimum to keep your job. Working here is taxing and stressful due to a lack of solid leadership to grow our business. Overall, there are no opportunities for development and getting a raise in pay is impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what we need to do and provide leadership. Promote trust, be transparent and get someone on the team who has the knowledge and experience to lead us!

Great people, great place!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsCorvirtus has a very refreshing culture based on strong values. It is by far the best place I have ever worked in terms of its people and culture. In addition, Corvirtus remains a place where everyone's voice is heard and where continuous innovation and improvement are given more than just "lip service." Finally, being located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Colorado Springs is hard to top!

ConsVery few cons. The biggest con would be that Corvirtus is pretty small and competes against some giants in our industry.

No opportunities for advancement, promotion, etc.

Prosthe people
    freedom at work
    open door policy between departments

It's a great place if your young and need experience but it won't be great if you are looking to advance your career.

Consbad pay, no raises in the last few years
    benefits have been reduced
    lack of direction
    Many layoffs in the last few years

Advice to Senior ManagementThe economy is bad but most places are starting to give annual raises even if it's only 3-4% a year to cover increased cost of living. At least make a good will effort to pay us appropriately and give our some of medical benefits back!

it's pretty average

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

Prosflexibility of schedule and working with super smart people with great attitudes..

Consbenefits have been cut, no formal process for reviews and raises, and they don't offer top salaries even if the experience is there.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove performance and pay evaluations

Great place to work

ProsPlenty of opportunities for top performers. Lots of people have been promoted from within. Pay and benefits are fair. People are very friendly, helpful and team oriented. A fun place to work where success is recognized, celebrated and rewarded. Great values based culture. Located short distance from I-25 for an easy commute.

ConsNot many. It's one of the better places I've worked.

Worked for Corvirtus? Contribute to the Community!