Così

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

R. J. Dourney

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company, trying to be a national brand

General Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork/life balance was good, employees were great, atmosphere good

ConsBonuses were non existent, no matter what they say when you interview. Corporate is a little out of touch with the stores but they are trying to make it better

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the stores that are underachieving or replace the managers who are so set in their ways. it is not helping the company.

Moving to Boston, given less than 3 weeks notice

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStores are isolated from the corporate mess. Work at a store for more security.

ConsObviously, the upcome closure and move to Boston. Higher cost of living, and little incentive to go. I don't think management wants any of the existing staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together; make decisions and have PLAN for what you do, oh COMMUNICATE.

NOT WORTH IT.

Barista (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDiscount,
    some friendly co workers
    friendly regular guests.
    tips

Cons4 weeks in and I had had enough. GM is a total JERK. Does not know how to talk to the employees at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart structuring the training. Don't toss a book and expect to know every single thing. And then proceed to tell us our positions have a high turn over rates because people can't handle it. THAT IS WHY!. Ur GM's need to learn how to talk to employees instead of making condescending comments every 5 seconds. BARISTA is the worst position. You are expected to run, food take orders, make coffee drinks etc. You get yelled at because its so hard for the boss to come correct an order....Please, I have been a shift manager for a different company and treated all employees with kindness. If you can't handle constant harsh criticisms and ignorant remarks then don't bother. NOTHING is organized its a hot mess company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job during high school. Get your internship if your in college.

Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFree bread/bagels at night, great co workers, instructive management.
    Cool music, but it gets old. Nice atmosphere.

ConsTips aren't allowed, some customers can be snooty.
    Training is insufficient for the perfection expected once it's over.
    Interior design could be much better. Panera's is better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy better quality brooms that don't fall apart every 5 minutes. They are a physical manifestation that the company doesn't care at all about their employees work experience. Training needs to be longer. Why not place your wall menu somewhere the customer can easily see it once they are ordering?

Cosi General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe food is awesome! Most all of the people I met were great. They pay well and there is opportunity for bonus. Most all of the managers that I met were very supportive. Cosi offers a great atmosphere. Overall, it is a great place to work.

ConsIts the restaurant business, so you know there will be long hours. They open early in the morning and some stores close late into the evening, so your days could be very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe District Manager that I had was awesome. He is a stand up guy who did a great job.

Worked for Così? Contribute to the Community!