Cosmote

www.cosmote.gr

Cosmote Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014
Cosmote – Bucharest – “Cosmote - Iride”

Cosmote – Bucharest – “Cosmote - Iride”

Michael Tsamaz

good starting place for working in telecoms in greece market, interesting learning curve to be affiliated with OTE/DT

Marketing Executive (Former Employee) Athens (Greece)

Prosgood quality people, friendly environment, size of company, interesting learning curve to be affiliated with OTE and Deutsche Telekom group

Consno existent career path development, lack of transparency in new job opportunities, low senior management mobility making management style a bit stale and uninspiring

Advice to Senior Managementplease be more transparent to all staff for new job opportunities and career development

Lack of meritocracy

Staff (Current Employee)

ProsThe most stable employer in the sector of telecoms in Greece.
    A good environment in terms of most of the colleagues you work with.

ConsLack of meritocracy. To get promoted you have to be back-supported by a government party member or if you are a relative or a close friend of a senior manager.
    If you are honest, you have no chance of getting promoted on your hard work and skills, as you don’t “fit” in their scheme and code of thought.
    Most current managers (and seniors one) during the last 10 years, are supported by the government party New Democracy, by government people that have nothing to do with business and have no skills or knowledge to evaluate the people they support. That leads to the behavior of managing through gossip and not evidence. A few managers have knowledge on even the basic theories of management. Many high-school and 2-years college graduates managing teams of MBA’s and MSc’s.
    CEO M. Tsamaz made a few changes on some issues on the organisation. Though, he failed to change the critical issue of meritocracy. Actually, he didn’t fail, failure is not bad sometimes. He didn’t try at all, as he promoted the same government-supported managers.
    Cosmote and OTE (parent company, known also as Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation) is the only one world business example of the following vertical tree diagram: CEO > General Director > General Director > Director > Director > Director > Deputy Director > Deputy Director > Section Manager > Team leader (if needed) > Staff. All that duplicate structure to have more positions to keep every friend happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is to the Senior Management of Deutsche Telekom, our parent company. Honest and hard working employees of the company had great expectations from you, when you became the big shareholder 6 years ago. They expected that you could lead the road towards more meritocracy and change the culture. Now, they believe that you only care for the money. It is on your hands to prove them wrong.

Good to know

SME - B2B Salesperson (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsGood paycheck
    Flexibility regarding time
    Cheap mobile subscriptions (very good)

Cons- Super chaos regarding customer orders. We have a list with available phones or tablets in deposit wich 'upgrades' every month; it is immensely rare to synocrinze to deliver to the customer either in time (up to 30 days sometimes) or at all (i.e. the cusomter orders something from the list then they will very often find out that the phone is available in fact)
    - Huge bureaucracy (b2b contracts have way to many pages)
    - Poorly skilled labor in b2b sales (sometimes it looks like they hires anybody)
    - Superiors say they are willing to help but when you actually need them (and it's in their job responsibilities) no response whatsoever.
    - Relations with the customers (sometimes you wait even 30 minutes till somebody answers at 1212)
    - In order to find new clients, employees call from a certain database; however, firms (more than 60%) are constantly complaining that they are bothered with calls every week from a different Cosmote salesperson and they are literally begging us to create a common database.
    - Deaf superiors
    - Superficiality in dealing with employees, customers, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very sorry for the harsh review but I strongly believe that Cosmote has a good start to actually resolve most problems together with the new brand, T.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cultural change needed

Technical Department (Current Employee) ThessalonĂ­ki (Greece)

ProsSafe and stable environment to work in this era in Greece.
    Leader in the field of telecoms.
    CEO is trying a lot for the competitiveness of the whole group.

ConsLow salaries for Engineers. There are people with lower level studies who are getting paid more.
    There are managers - who are not Engineers - leading teams of Engineers with postgrad studies. Apart from that, they don't even have relevant studies in the field of Telecoms, and some of them are only high school graduates. Of course they are constantly trying to prevent Engineers from being involved in interesting projects, in order to protect their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote Engineers to management positions.

Something is changing towards better days

Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCosmote is the leader mobile telecom provider in the Balkan area.
    Friendly environment. Good relationships with colleagues. Mutual Understanding.
    Stable working environment in an era of a great crisis amongst the country.
    CEO is putting a lot of effort, lately.

ConsLack of compensation scheme based on personal performance.
    No career opportunities. Lack of serious internal job mobility.
    Performance evaluation based on subjective criteria, due to the lack of predefined targets.
    A lot of managers with low qualifications and soft skills, who got in their positions with the aid of underground, not clear, mechanisms.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the road towards the merge with OTE company, leave people to mobile into the organisation to other positions. There are people bored in the same position for many years (many engineers in the same position for over 8 years).
    It can boost productivity!

Organized and sift at taking actions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeamwork and friendly environment for the workers

ConsNot very good cooperation between different departments of different cities

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration the opinion of the engineers.

great experience

Prosfirst position in market looking for innovation

Consdecline industry country financial crisis

I enhanced my knowledge about the business of telecom

ProsExcellent working environment, challenging, great team spirit, professionalsim

ConsToo much paper work and lack of punctuality

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more focused on results and on people

Cosmote is among the best working places in Greek and Balkan market.

Access Parameters and Features Manager (Current Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsThe company is a leader in mobile communications in Greece
    Stability
    Innovation
    Leader in mobile communications
    Mobile Broadband Services leader in both HSPA+ and LTE

ConsThere are no main cons in working in Cosmote

Always a Challenge"

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou never get bored here.

ConsSometimes too many challenges for one person.

Worked for Cosmote? Contribute to the Community!