Costco Wholesale Reviews

3.9
1,267 Reviews

Costco Wholesale President & CEO Craig Jelinek
Craig Jelinek

Pros
  • You are able to grow within the company the pay and benefits are wonderful (in 106 reviews)

• There are great benefits available for part-time and full-time employees (in 168 reviews)

Cons
  • Offered me full time then fired me right before I was to receive benefits (in 57 reviews)

• Takes a few seasonal periods to get hired permanently and then it is only part time (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Phenomenal Company

Current Employee - Costco  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Costco in Houston, TX

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just embarked on my career at Costco and it is an excellent company to work for. I am prior military and I researched my next chapter in life and all arrows pointed to Costco. I heavily researched the business model, founders, code of ethics, history, performance, etc., and it was evident that Costco upheld and operated operations based on theses principles. You cannot beat the compensation package considering the retail industry. You get to interact with members and provide that exceptional member service that Costco prides itself on. My leadership team is phenomenal -- I am impressed with their dedication/leadership/expertise.

Advice for potential team members: It is difficult to be apart of the Costco team but if you get an opportunity:

Know the company, hit the ground running, work hard, and work harder because the room for growth is exponential. You will work hard but Costco will take care of you. Costco is heading in the right direction because the foundation is solid!

Cons

I have no Cons to input.

None

I have worked at Costco for over 10yrs and have had a great experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clovis, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, benefits and 41k. Retail hours are good- If you work weekends your off by 8 at the latest and paid holidays off.

Cons

It's retail so you have to work weekends. Costco Need to reevaluate management and supervisors.

Don't try to make others look bad to cover up your mistakes.

Stop hiring family.

Great company while in school

I worked at Costco Wholesale

Pros

they are flexible with your school schedule and are very helpful in finding time to make it work. Great benefits and a decent wage to survive on.

Cons

the management can be tough at times and are difficult to work with. they want you to work extra hours but don't really help you with time off. They require a few months notice on time off which is pretty tough with urgent issues.

I would listen to your employees and thank them once in a while. They will appreciate it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly, professional and relaxed enviroment. Great benfits and good pay.

Cons

Many would feel taht living in Washington would be a con. It's not that bad if you enjoy the outdoors and a family lifestyle

NONE

Easy work but labor intensive

Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for less than a year

Pros

The minimum wage is above average and they also provide full coverage insurance. We get holiday and vacation days pay which is nice.

Cons

pushing carts for two times a day for 2.5 hours each in the summer sucks. Management terrible at their job, they don't care who you are, they only care what they can do for them.

Best Retail Co!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benifits. Respect from management.

Cons

Its retail, you will work weekends and late nights.

Pretty good

Current Employee - Bakery Wrapper  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Bakery Wrapper in Washington, DC

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting pay is relatively good

Cons

Supervisors are not very understanding of personal needs, fellow employees making a lot more than me have gotten lazy because they know it's hard to get fired

Be understanding of personal situations especially those of employees that you want to keep around

Front end in NYC branch.

Former Employee - Front End Cashier  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Costco Wholesale part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay in a fast pace environment.

Cons

There are no cons about working here.

The company treats you well.

Current Employee - Stocker  in  Citrus Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Stocker in Citrus Heights, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Full benefits even for part time employees. Competitive hourly wages

Cons

Sometimes management is stale and have worked in the same place too long.

move around and don't be complacent.

Coworkers are great, pay is great, benefits are great... but hard to stay motivated.

Current Employee - Front End Assistant
    Current Employee - Front End Assistant

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for more than a year

Pros

The Sunday Premium is great, you get paid time and half. The benefits are encouraging, though they take six months to kick in once you become a part time employee (not too convenient if you need to go to the dentist). My front end manager was very understanding when I said I had a vacation planned before I was called back after being a seasonal employee. Co-workers are very willing to assist you with any questions you have. Very flexible with school schedules.

Cons

The initial training is very broad and doesn't cover anything specific. It is obvious that the supervisors, in the front end at least, have favorites and do special favors for them (sending them home early and extra breaks). The location manager, at my location, makes false promises. For example, he said that the cart crew would be rotated ever two hours, especially during the summer months; we work eight hours without any rotations. I've received most of my job specific training from my coworkers, not my managers. Supervisors keep promising to train me on the register, but have yet to do so.

It would be nice if the supervisors stopped standing around on their cell phones and pitched in once and a while (while some do help, it really presents a hierarchy sensation when others just stand around playing on their phones). Provide more job specific training and try and make regular schedules.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!