Costco Wholesale

www.costco.com

Costco Wholesale Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • You are able to grow within the company the pay and benefits are wonderful (in 106 reviews)

• There are great benefits available for part-time and full-time employees (in 168 reviews)

Cons
  • Offered me full time then fired me right before I was to receive benefits (in 57 reviews)

• Takes a few seasonal periods to get hired permanently and then it is only part time (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Love this Company

Front End Cashier (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, good people, family atmosphere.

ConsManagement and supervision can be a little shaky at times.

It Was Very Fast Paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery Good Benefits, Always Busy, Good Pay

ConsNeed to train employees better

An excellent place to work as long as you know how to not talk back to people.

Stocker (Current Employee) Woodinville, WA

ProsGreat Benefits and Executives who care about individual employees.

ConsManagement plays favorites, promotions are very political, and first impression is impossible to break.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more freedoms to individual warehouses on how to run business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A growing company that has great benefits

RTV Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits, they do most of their promoting internally within the company

ConsMany of the jobs are mundane and repetitive. In other words, not goal oriented

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to have a great running team ( warehouse), you need to create the comraudery of team players.

Costco Is a great company. They truly are the best in retail.

Membership (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsGreat starting hourly rate
    Time and a half on Sunday
    Guaranteed raises
    Bonus check twice a year
    Great Benefits package
    Company matched 401K
    Stock purchase plan
    All employees get Vacation and Sick time
    Opportunity to transfer worldwide
    Free executive membership

Costco really does take care of there employees. I can not thank this company enough they have truly changed my life for the better. There is no other retail company out there that comes close to what Costco offers, Well other company's are freezing wages and cutting benefits Costco keeps giving there people more. You can truly make this a career, Getting full time is truly not that hard as long as you work hard and stand out among your peers.

ConsVery Busy
    Membership goals can be hard to achieve
    Members get everything there way
    Schedule can change with little notice
    you have to work hard if your lazy stay away
    Open availability is a must

Costco is a great place to work but they make you earn your hourly rate. Like I said earlier if your lazy Costco is not for you. You have to be willing to do anything and everything here, One minute you will be pushing carts then a minute later you will be in the food court helping get the line down. Its retail so days will be long and there are days during the season you will be working until midnight.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take care of the employee. Don't change what has worked for you for so many years.

Great career path for students and second career individuals

Sales (Former Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsProvide good balance between work and life.
    Above average compensation for experience candidates
    Above average benefits

ConsMiddle management should invest in long term management improvement training.
    More emphasis on Member satisfaction rather than profit margins

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more daily feedback and interaction with coworkers of all levels.

Overall, it's a great company.

Cashier (Current Employee) Gilroy, CA

Pros- Promotes from within the company
    - Health and dental benefits offered to part-time employees
    - Supports education; always worked with school schedule
    - Adheres to the "Open Door Policy"

Cons- Difficult to cross-train in other departments; seems like no one wants to take the time to train
    - Strong divide between employees and management; never felt like a "team" atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a stronger emphasis on training for new supervisors and managers. Although I love that Costco promotes from within, sometimes the newly promoted employees lack management skills, especially how they address members' and employees' issues.

Great company to work for!

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) (Current Employee) Kapolei, HI

ProsAlways kept busy and lots of support and encouragement from upper management.

ConsNone I can think of.

Great Company to work for that doesn't require a college degree.

Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) Cypress, CA

ProsCostco provides a Great work environment.
    The benefits and pay are fantastic for not having a college degree.
    It is overall a great company to work for and I encourage anyone work there especially while going through school.

ConsThe managers are not all that qualified. They can be very poor performers at times. In addition there are many incompetent members.

It's good until you hit the glass ceiling...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsCostco is a decent place to work, with lots of opportunity

ConsMiddle management...can't seem to keep either their hourlies or upper management happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't pressure your middle management so much...we all know the "stuff" rolls downhill, but if you want the people that are in contact with the members to be satisfied and productive, don't implement work plans that difficult on achieve on a daily basis.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!