Costco Wholesale Reviews

3.9
1,242 Reviews

Costco Wholesale President & CEO Craig Jelinek
Craig Jelinek

Pros
  • You are able to grow within the company the pay and benefits are wonderful (in 106 reviews)

• There are great benefits available for part-time and full-time employees (in 168 reviews)

Cons
  • Offered me full time then fired me right before I was to receive benefits (in 57 reviews)

• Takes a few seasonal periods to get hired permanently and then it is only part time (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience, nice people.

Former Employee - Front End
    Former Employee - Front End

I worked at Costco Wholesale part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. Working with people from many different walks of life. Best place to work if you are in the retail business. Off on holidays and no crazy hours throughout the Christmas season.

Cons

Management keeping people on staff that are not dedicated, hard working employees. Hard for some people to handle the environment of there not being consistent discipline from employee to employee.

I know everyone likes to put their two cents worth in perhaps have a place that employees can leave feedback or insight on certain things anonymously.

My wife (Bakery) and I (FE cashier/assistant) both work for Costco...

Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)  in  Kapolei, HI
    Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in Kapolei, HI

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting pay is good and benefits are great. I love that you work to make your own raises as long as you put in the time you'll get raises. Once topped off you make over $40k a year. Plus bonuses twice a year and time and a half every Sundays. Now who wouldn't want to work here. Awesome company

Cons

At times it can get stressful especially the beginning of each month due to EBT (food stamps). Members can be a little rude but you just put on that smile and swear at them in your head...but as for the company no cons

Management is very understanding and tries to help you out with work related and personal issues you may have. Fairness and respect should be a managers number one duty to the members, employees and the company.

Good pay great company

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, they pay was really good, and the hours were really good as well

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty good

Current Employee - Bakery Wrapper  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Bakery Wrapper in Washington, DC

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting pay is relatively good

Cons

Supervisors are not very understanding of personal needs, fellow employees making a lot more than me have gotten lazy because they know it's hard to get fired

Be understanding of personal situations especially those of employees that you want to keep around

Easy work but labor intensive

Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for less than a year

Pros

The minimum wage is above average and they also provide full coverage insurance. We get holiday and vacation days pay which is nice.

Cons

pushing carts for two times a day for 2.5 hours each in the summer sucks. Management terrible at their job, they don't care who you are, they only care what they can do for them.

Best Retail Co!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benifits. Respect from management.

Cons

Its retail, you will work weekends and late nights.

I work for Costco for over 14 years

Current Employee - Vault Clerk, Back Up Payroll, Sales Audit & Just About Anything Else  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vault Clerk, Back Up Payroll, Sales Audit & Just About Anything Else in New York, NY

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay, Benefits and a lifetime of friends. Oh yeah free Executive Membership!! Did I mention that the benefits are FREAKING AWESOME!!

Cons

Not that much communication from management. Too many people want to be chiefs but not enough indians.

Take a minute or so and listen to your employees. We see what you don't take the time to see and listen to.

Phenomenal Company

Current Employee - Costco  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Costco in Houston, TX

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just embarked on my career at Costco and it is an excellent company to work for. I am prior military and I researched my next chapter in life and all arrows pointed to Costco. I heavily researched the business model, founders, code of ethics, history, performance, etc., and it was evident that Costco upheld and operated operations based on theses principles. You cannot beat the compensation package considering the retail industry. You get to interact with members and provide that exceptional member service that Costco prides itself on. My leadership team is phenomenal -- I am impressed with their dedication/leadership/expertise.

Advice for potential team members: It is difficult to be apart of the Costco team but if you get an opportunity:

Know the company, hit the ground running, work hard, and work harder because the room for growth is exponential. You will work hard but Costco will take care of you. Costco is heading in the right direction because the foundation is solid!

Cons

I have no Cons to input.

None

I have worked at Costco for over 10yrs and have had a great experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clovis, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, benefits and 41k. Retail hours are good- If you work weekends your off by 8 at the latest and paid holidays off.

Cons

It's retail so you have to work weekends. Costco Need to reevaluate management and supervisors.

Don't try to make others look bad to cover up your mistakes.

Stop hiring family.

Discrimination against older workers

I worked at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is what keeps employees for the long term. Good health benefits. Paid time off for holidays.

Cons

Management who have no clue how to manage employees
    Discrimination against older employees
    Unfair practices on promotions ( its who you know, not what you know)
    If you speak up for yourself or your rights, they will look for a reason to get rid of you
    inconsistent discipline, what one employee would be terminated for, another doesn't receive any adverse action

Teach your managers the LAW! Your employment practices are what will ruin this company. You are getting too big for your britches Costco. The same employees who helped you build this company are the same ones who will destroy it. Long term employees do whatever they want, regardless if it is illegal.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!