Coty

Coty Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Coty CEO Michele Scannavini

Michele Scannavini

Pros
  • Great work-life balance depending on the department(in 9 reviews)

• Summer Fridays and Holiday week shutdown(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • all of the upper management is nearly gone(in 9 reviews)

• If salaried, poor work-life balance, "get it done at all cost" mentality(in 5 reviews)

Stay for Work-Life balance; leave because no growth

ProsGreat work-life balance depending on the department. Summer Fridays and week off between Christmas and New Year's is everything. Packages are very nice. The teams do become very close and try to put their best foot forward. The company really has put forth the effort in giving their employees a 360 experience.

ConsNeed improvement on training from bottom up as high turnover and switches make it very hard to move forward efficiently as the culture is too fast paced.
    Issues with no growth. Coty has lost many great employees because they failed to recognize soon enough what they had and then hire new staff that are sub-par and can't keep up with the constant change.
    HR needs to educate themselves on what each department does and in learning how to investigate when complaints are made (i.e placing it into context and understanding background).

Overall, this emerging beauty company is great to work for.

ProsThe Coty mantra rings true: "Faster. Further. Freer." From my perspective it's a great place to work as there is little vertical bureaucracy. Things get done much quicker at Coty than at any other large organization I've worked for because there are fewer layers of approvals. There are long-standing employees who have been with the company through many eras of changes, which is a good indicator of what type of organization this is. Overall, the people are also very nice and mostly collaborative, as the culture encourages this. It is a great place to work for young people wanting to start off their career as in general, there is early exposure to senior management.

ConsThis depends very much team by team, but overall there is not a lot of internal promoting that happens within the organization. Thus, people get frustrated and leave. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. For Marketers, there are a wealth of brands and teams to work on but little communication and visibility as to movement from within despite the fact that a team was developed to help alleviate this issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is for senior level executives: People will not always remember the list of great things you achieved, but they certainly will remember you as a person. You don't want to have a reputation to proceed you as a bad leader - the industry is small. Treat your employees well.

This advice is for both senior level executives and C-suite management: The health of the company is dependent on executing a more strategic, long-term vision. Like many under-performing beauty companies, Coty is following suit in that it's focused on putting band-aids on short term problems versus addressing large, long term issues.

I was a temporary assistant for the beauty team.

ProsI loved the team. So many talented PR and marketing team members!

ConsThere isn't room for upward mobility. Structure of the company is archaic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work-life balance, excellent place to work

ProsGreat work-life balance! Lower-level employees are encouraged to contribute in meaningful ways. The corporate culture is one of the best I have ever encountered.

ConsThey talk about promoting from within, but sometimes it's not as prevalent as they make it seem like it is. It does occur at the higher levels, but it may be hard for junior level employees to move up.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits package. Summer Fridays and Holiday week shutdown. Nice bunch of smart middle managers.

ConsInsufficient innovation stream to maintain leadership market position. Since going public, much more pressure on EBITA with is good, but pressure is keeping goals too near sighted. Lets make the quarter versus how to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch for the back-biting among senior leadership team as the word gets out to middle managers who are frustrated and are leaving.

Account Executive

Retail Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat manager! Loved my job

ConsPosition dissolved lost volume of territory to support employment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Good place to start your career but not long term

Anonymous (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSummer Fridays, company store discount, great brands. Located in the heart of NYC. Great yearly bonuses. Employees are very friendly.

ConsPromotions in some departments are very hard to come by even for the well deserved. They are losing strong talent quickly due to this. Not much mobility in terms of job function. Training is extremely limited. Talent retention and development is not a priority. HR is absent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and promote your deserving talent so you don't lose them to competitors.

NYC Corp finance

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPerks: nice discounts on fragrances and beauty products

ConsCut-throat, disorganized middle-management running the Financial reporting function

Advice to Senior ManagementStart all over - fire the entire ARC team

horrible

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgood benefits. some of the people great.

Consto many changes, people are making up rules as we move forward, no stability. all of the upper management is nearly gone. people are scared they are going to loose their jobs due to relocation. they have a history of dismantle c ompanies

I didn't like working here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLunch break were paid time

ConsWorked as temp for min wage

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more competive paid

Worked for Coty? Contribute to the Community!