Counterpoint Systems

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.5

CEO

Positive culture, great co-workers…

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Counterpoint Systems full-time

Pros

As a global company, I’ve seen an investment in developing the capabilities of the leadership and professional staff. This has provided for increasing career opportunities within the company. The executive leadership and line managers demonstrate consistent thought and care for its employees – evidenced through pay and benefits; but more importantly through trust and delegation of authority and decision-making. Additionally, from the top-down, there’s a dedication to ensuring a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Like any growing company, we experience the usual growth pains – such as identifying highly qualified individuals for our job openings. As a mid-sized organization, we compete with larger organizations for talent in a very competitive marketplace, which means we can’t always pay the big-ticket salaries offered by the bigger companies; yet, we manage to find highly intelligent, dedicated folks to join our team – it just takes time! Also, like any business dedicated to evolving to meet external and internal challenges, we experience our fair share of change from time-to-time – which in itself is a pro – but for some, change can be unsettling. Management recognizes this and is careful to lead and guide people through the change.

sales

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Counterpoint Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

small company with friendly employees.

Cons

this company has a habit of firing people. in a short time I was employed there, they fired 5 people for no apparent reason. Turnover in this company is huge. No training is offered but expectations are huge.

respect people for their time and dedication. Have integrity and take care of your staff. If a mistake is made, take that opportunity to teach your employee rather than firing them. This is not a way to run a business.

A great place to learn all about Rights and Royalties

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Counterpoint Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A fairly relaxed working environment and opportunities for anyone who wants to take the initiative. People are genuine and the commute is good.

Cons

Poor training, due to lack of resource. Fairly autocratic when it comes to decision making. Not enough investment into product development.

Invest - both in people and product

Very nice bunch of people great developers and structure

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Counterpoint Systems

Pros

I found Counterpoint a very good company to work for

My manager at the time always allowed me to do my job but gave me freedom as well and had my back if anything went wrong

Great social life as well

Cons

The working environment at the time was not the best, a lot of people squeezed into a small area but I am led to believe things are better now

The salaries the company pay are not great and even when staff perform very well they get the same sized bonus as other staff who haven't done as well

Whilst this is a good company to work for management should pay high enough salaries to keep staff

I left because I was made a promise that was not kept. I think if promises are made, they should be kept

Delphi Developer

Former Employee - Delphi Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Delphi Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Counterpoint Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Near Camden market and some good developers

Cons

If you want a "career" go anywhere BUT Counterpoint Systems vistex, Counterpoint Systems vistex don't care about your career, you're just a code monkey, no better then guys working in India/European country. All of the products I worked on had bugs and they don't care about the small clients they have!

If you're in the position of getting a job interview, don't believe in anything they say about what technology you will be exposed to, YOU WONT, its that simple. If you want to work on the latest technology don't work here, all you'll be doing is bug fixing.

If there are any clients that wish to buy products from Counterpoint Systems vistex, think again, go else where, not unless you wish to pay lots and have bugs with your product.

There are no perks to this job.

Think about peoples career!

Stop lying on what you can give potential people working for Counterpoint Systems vistex! You clearly don't care!

Good for first step into software development

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Counterpoint Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting great colleagues and expanding your network.

Cons

Lack of training. No trust in new employees despite industry background. No work/life balance (def not in London office). Poor benefit, no career prospect. No organised software release eg. one central release every quarter/half year/etc instead builds are thrown out daily without proper QA. No customer care.
    High employee turnover which is due to misleading job descriptions during the recruitment process.

All the above in comparison with another company in same industry reviewer moved to.

Stop misleading potential employees about the role advertised.
    Invest in employees and listen to them.

It was a job. Great co-workers and culture were lacking...

I worked at Counterpoint Systems

Pros

Very flexible company at the time
    Good technology used inside
    Good business model although may need to be revamped
    Intelligent senior management

Cons

Deaf senior management
    Times have changed and the business model that got them to the top isn't sustainable
    Culture needs serious work

The review process for employees and bottom up performance reviews of managers needs improvement. Hire better talent i.e. work on the hiring process.