Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Add Photos

G. Michael Leader

Great workplace!

Homecare Associate (Current Employee) York, PA

ProsFriendly environment, beautiful facility, unlimited access to drinks while working including the soda machines, plenty of resources

ConsLower on the pay scale of similar employers

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering increasing compensation otherwise keep doing what you're doing :)

NA

Personal Care Associate II/Receptionist (Current Employee) Bridgeville, PA

ProsYou are offered benefits after 90 days of employment.

ConsStrive for excellence to care for residents.

Good company, Bad leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) York, PA

ProsHelping the residents and working closely with people who care about the residents is definitely the pros of working at Country Meadows.

ConsUpper management does not support the staff. Every level from aide to department head cowers in fear for their job every time upper management comes through the building. The director doe snot support staff and the climate of the organization is one of fear and readily dispensable people.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude staff in problem solving rather than swooping in and overhauling valuable people every time there are issues in a facility. You fire and hire too quickly and too often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Country Meadows Retirement community of York , PA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) York, PA

Prosnice facility, good food, friendly residents

Consterminates employees without just cause
    no on the job training

A friendly place to work.

Community Life (Former Employee) Hershey, PA

ProsThe coworkers, residents and the family atmosphere.
    Opportunities to learn and grow with the company. Been named as one of the "100 Best Places to Work" many times.

ConsWorking every other weekend and holidays. Yearly evauations are tough and raises are in tiers so you could be an exceeds coworker and if you reached the top of your grade you will not recieve a raise that year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake ideas and advice from the people who are hands on in the facilities.

Think again

Pca (Former Employee) York, PA

ProsThe residents are wonderful and some co-workers can be great friends

ConsAs a PCA ( Personal Care Associate) you are over worked and way under paid. Unless your management you won't get 80 hours, you have to work yourself to death to get close it. The title Personal Care Associate is a lie. Your a house keeper, a mantenace man, a nurse, a bus boy and everything else in between. The nursing staff does not tell you when a resident is infected with MRSA or anything else that may be contagious and the list goes on. Unless you like being worked like a slave I would not recommend a PCA position.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your residents and employees. Stop lying and sugar coating things to families that are looking for a good place to have their mother or father stay. Give the residents their money's worth!

Nice people, but boring work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsCo-workers are generally nice, but can get a bit cliquey. Residents vary greatly

ConsHave to work every other weekend, which can be a bummer. Repetitive work, not very exciting

This is a very respectable company that works hard to provide good service

Executive Director (Current Employee) Hershey, PA

Proscaring teams really dedicated to the cause of providing good service

Consvery conservative, aren't always open to exploring new alternatives

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open minded

It's hard not to fall in love with the residents, I liked my work there expect could not advance fast enough!

Med Tech (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsHealth care benefits, the residents are sweet, and a beautiful campus to work in.
    You have the option of working the day, middle and night shift. I worked both the day shift as well as the middle shift. I preferred the crew on the middle shift the best.

As a Med Tech I had 50 residents I had to check their vitals and administrate their meds. I enjoyed the residents and they become a part of your family, that was my favorite experience of this job.

ConsRarely get out on time and have to work every other weekend, which caused problems with the baby-sitter. The pay is low, I could barely cover my baby-sitting fees.

Please consider other employers.

ProsWorking with the residents. Dining services is fantastic.

ConsSupporting unprofessional VP. Rash decisions made. Change in benefits structure. Management gets better benefits than direct care staff and direct care are who really need benefit help.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease rethink your current senior management structure and start running your business like Governor.

Worked for Country Meadows Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!