Countrywide Home Loans

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Angelo Mozilo

Pros
  • Good benefits like onsite gym, subsidized meals (in 4 reviews)

• Got to spend a lot of time out of the office on company time (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • tough to balance family life due to long hours and saturday work (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management offered harsh criticism despite not being in the office very much (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

This was a great company to work for.

Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGreatest mortgage software in the industry, including AUS. I had a fantastic team leader who made my job quite enjoyable. I loved working for this company and wish they were still around. They weren't perfect but they were so much better than the company that took them over (Bank of America).

ConsToo many unscrupulous loan officers worked here and management discovered them too late to recover the damage done. Unfortunately, a lot of them are still around and working at other companies now.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should have weeded out and fired those loan officers who consistently turned in fraudulent loans. Only a handful of processors and underwriters were brave enough to question the applications that didn't make sense.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, in house development projects

Consno cons in detail. Should have better management methodologies..

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more details of upcoming projects...

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThe financial meltdown of 2008 was in full swing so there were not a lot of "Pros" to consider. The employees were a great bunch of people and the office atmosphere was fun.

ConsI was aggressively recruited because they wanted "whales" from other mortgage companies. However, they said they would give me the territory I had with my last job as I had great contacts and was very liked and trusted but after I came on board they gave me some piece-meal territory that needed a lot of work. At the same time, credit was becoming less and less available and our products were dropping out completely so it wasn't a great time to be in that business. BofA bought them out so I'm sure it's much better now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was nice but she should have utilized me better in the territory I had built up for the past 7 years. Everyone would have performed better had she done that.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a good experience working for CW - Great perks.

Fvp (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsAt CW the management was fair

ConsAt CW the pay was low.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Best of intentions

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsLoved the people, loved the team, loved the job and the challenges. There was always something new, something exciting to learn, or to take on. It was a fun place to work while it lasted.

ConsI think in the end they lost sight of the "big picture" they had a really good thing going. Everyone was happy, everyone made money, everyone was enjoying the ride. They really seemed to lose focus and think that they had all of the answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, CFC is gone, so hard to offer much advice to the senior management. I loved the managers I worked for. I would suggest that to the most senior managers be more like my managers, give your people something to believe in and keep your promises.

Poor company to work for

Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee)

Proslocation of company in big city

Conson going sexual harassment of female employees

Poor execution

Personal Loan Consultant (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood benefits like onsite gym, subsidized meals. Management promotes hard working employees

ConsToo much bureaucracy, company values are poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute goals better

A company ran by lying, amoral cheats and frauds

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only plus was the mentorship program

ConsBlaming employees for disorganization, expecting accuracy from last minute changes at any and all times - you need to enforce deadlines with other departments! Inaccurate data being utilized by both IT and Finance/Business related departments, so there is no way to produce any deliverable with 100% accuracy

Later we discover Countrywide is a company that defrauded millions

Advice to Senior ManagementThe top leadership are all lying, worse than car salesmen type who cheated their customers and investors - and former CEO Angelo Mozilo should have been thrown in jail

Mortgage Consultant

Mortagage Consultant (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThe only pros for this company I have to say are when I quit and drove out of the parking structure. So nothing.

ConsHorrible place to work and they were literally trying get buyers through the mortgage process as fast as possible and didn't care if the customer was unable to sustain the loan. They care nothing for their customers and will sell your loan immediately after they give it to you. you'll be sending your mortgage payments to numerous different banks. Don't work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of people.

Countrywide

Senior Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAllow employees to grow and develop

Consunfair as far as male and female compensation and values.

Advice to Senior Managementstop treating women with dis-respect

Worked for Countrywide Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!