County of DuPage (Illinois)
www.dupageco.org Wheaton, IL 500 to 999 Employees

County of DuPage (Illinois) Reviews in Wheaton, IL

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Weatherization Assessor

Weatherization Assessor (Current Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsLots of days off, and great benefits.

ConsVery little room to grow or advance.

criminal traffic clerk

Criminal Traffic Clerk (Former Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsNO DRUG TESTS!! 1 hour lunch and two 20 min breaks.

ConsYou will be expected to be perfect in your work. Your mangers will watch you like a hawk. If you go on FMLA for yourself or family expect them to fire you at some point. They do not like the use of FMLA, and will find a way to fire you. THEY ARE AN AT WILL EMPLOYER AND CAN FIRE YOU FIR NO REASON.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and give them credit. They work hard and without them doing the little dirty work, your office wouldn't run as well as it does. STOP PLAYING FAVORITISM TO CERTAIN FAMILY AND FRIEND EMPLOYEES

Joke of a job

Clerk (Former Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

Pros..... lunch break and no drug screen.

ConsNo chance of ever moving up the ladder unless someone dies.
    Managers are two faced and threaten you with being fired if you speak up.
    If FMLA is used expect to get fired.
    Too many relatives working together, ie my former manager was also the manager of his sister.
    Little to no raise, not even cost of living, I went three years without any raises.
    Morale is very low because of the pay.
    Benefits aren't very good.
    Managers expect employees to correct judges and attorneys that we have no say over.
    You are expected to give legal advice although legally we aren't allowed too.
    Never shown respect from management.
    Management way over paid. ie. employee of 10 years makes around 35k. Manager of 5 years make 110k!
    Many employees on are on drugs

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire or quit, you are all a joke and can't run the office.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Farcical, parade of nonsense.

ProsTime off
    Benefits
    Lunch breaks
    Very difficult to name positives in dupage county government.

ConsCounty has an adversarial relationship with their employees except the ones that have been given high paying phony bologna jobs by political hack friends (county board members).
    Dan Cronin thinks government should be run like a business but people are electing you to make their lives better not to hack and slash at the finances of working families.
    Unfair pay structure
    Work duties not evenly distributed
    Management was non existent
    Personal agendas abound

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should quit to let someone else try, could not do any worse.

Second chances are good enough for criminals, but not employees

Probation Officer (Former Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsSome very nice, caring and genuine people work for DuPage, unfortunately it seems to be only line staff, not management.

ConsTime invested in the place doesn't mean anything. Management lies and is underhanded and dishonest. There are very few respectable managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue! Your employees are your most valuable asset! Stop treating them like crap.

A really great experience so far!

Court Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsEveryone who works at the Circuit Court Clerk's office is really friendly and kind. The pay is pretty good, and the benefits are fantastic. There are also two 20 minute breaks and an hour for lunch, which make the day go faster and are really nice after working on the computer for several hours. Also, it's a wonderful atmosphere to work there, very low stress and relaxing yet everyone gets a lot of work done.

ConsThe work isn't the most exciting (I'm basically doing data entry), but at least it's simple and easy. I was told I should have the opportunity soon to train and try other job duties, such as counter processing, phones, and court clerk, so I'm sure it will be a little more interesting when I will have a couple different tasks to do instead of the same thing every day.

Great opportunity, challenging career

Assistant State's Attorney (Former Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsCompetitive salary compared to other State's Attorney's Offices. Aggressive criminal prosecution. Growing population and increase in bad crime. Plenty of opportunity to prosecute tough cases. Professional atmosphere. Decent judges in DuPage County when compared to Cook County. The Judges in DuPage County get the law right the majority of the time. Good criminal defense bar in the area, defense bar mostly comprised of former ASA's. Very friendly atmosphere.

ConsSalary and benefits are limited by public budget and set by the County. The State's Attorney must present budget request to county board each year. The State's Attorney has very limited power to increase salaries and cannot do anything about benefits. Benefits are dictated by the County. The job itself is great. No downside whatsoever if criminal prosecution is what you want to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a well run place. There isn't much that I can say here. Its a well oiled machine. It functions. Cases get prosecuted. Bad guys go to jail. The system works. Society benefits because of it.

DuPage County Good ole' boy network

Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee)
    Wheaton, IL

ProsDeputized upon job final interview with sheriff. Good place to get your foot in the door of law enforcement.

ConsIncompetent management,highly political process for promotion, breakdown: if you donate to the sheriff's campaign fund+pass out propaganda/signs/etc.= promotion. Supervisors are historically without any interpersonal/management skills. Pay is poor when compared to local P.D.'s.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry promoting on the basis of actual leadership ability and not as a reward for any re-election efforts. Quit dragging red herrings when threatened by the talks of unionization or pay-raises.

Worked for County of DuPage (Illinois)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at County of DuPage (Illinois) reviews and ratings in Wheaton, IL. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by County of DuPage (Illinois) employees.