County of DuPage (Illinois)

www.dupageco.org

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Weatherization Assessor

Current Employee - Weatherization Assessor  in  Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Weatherization Assessor in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of days off, and great benefits.

Cons

Very little room to grow or advance.

criminal traffic clerk

Former Employee - Criminal Traffic Clerk  in  Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Criminal Traffic Clerk in Wheaton, IL

I worked at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NO DRUG TESTS!! 1 hour lunch and two 20 min breaks.

Cons

You will be expected to be perfect in your work. Your mangers will watch you like a hawk. If you go on FMLA for yourself or family expect them to fire you at some point. They do not like the use of FMLA, and will find a way to fire you. THEY ARE AN AT WILL EMPLOYER AND CAN FIRE YOU FIR NO REASON.

Treat your employees with respect and give them credit. They work hard and without them doing the little dirty work, your office wouldn't run as well as it does. STOP PLAYING FAVORITISM TO CERTAIN FAMILY AND FRIEND EMPLOYEES

Joke of a job

Former Employee - Clerk  in  Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Wheaton, IL

I worked at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

..... lunch break and no drug screen.

Cons

No chance of ever moving up the ladder unless someone dies.
    Managers are two faced and threaten you with being fired if you speak up.
    If FMLA is used expect to get fired.
    Too many relatives working together, ie my former manager was also the manager of his sister.
    Little to no raise, not even cost of living, I went three years without any raises.
    Morale is very low because of the pay.
    Benefits aren't very good.
    Managers expect employees to correct judges and attorneys that we have no say over.
    You are expected to give legal advice although legally we aren't allowed too.
    Never shown respect from management.
    Management way over paid. ie. employee of 10 years makes around 35k. Manager of 5 years make 110k!
    Many employees on are on drugs

Retire or quit, you are all a joke and can't run the office.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Farcical, parade of nonsense.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Time off
    Benefits
    Lunch breaks
    Very difficult to name positives in dupage county government.

Cons

County has an adversarial relationship with their employees except the ones that have been given high paying phony bologna jobs by political hack friends (county board members).
    Dan Cronin thinks government should be run like a business but people are electing you to make their lives better not to hack and slash at the finances of working families.
    Unfair pay structure
    Work duties not evenly distributed
    Management was non existent
    Personal agendas abound

They should quit to let someone else try, could not do any worse.

Second chances are good enough for criminals, but not employees

Former Employee - Probation Officer  in  Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Probation Officer in Wheaton, IL

I worked at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some very nice, caring and genuine people work for DuPage, unfortunately it seems to be only line staff, not management.

Cons

Time invested in the place doesn't mean anything. Management lies and is underhanded and dishonest. There are very few respectable managers.

Get a clue! Your employees are your most valuable asset! Stop treating them like crap.

A really great experience so far!

Current Employee - Court Services Representative  in  Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Court Services Representative in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at County of DuPage (Illinois) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone who works at the Circuit Court Clerk's office is really friendly and kind. The pay is pretty good, and the benefits are fantastic. There are also two 20 minute breaks and an hour for lunch, which make the day go faster and are really nice after working on the computer for several hours. Also, it's a wonderful atmosphere to work there, very low stress and relaxing yet everyone gets a lot of work done.

Cons

The work isn't the most exciting (I'm basically doing data entry), but at least it's simple and easy. I was told I should have the opportunity soon to train and try other job duties, such as counter processing, phones, and court clerk, so I'm sure it will be a little more interesting when I will have a couple different tasks to do instead of the same thing every day.

Great opportunity, challenging career

Former Employee - Assistant State's Attorney  in  Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant State's Attorney in Wheaton, IL

I worked at County of DuPage (Illinois)

Pros

Competitive salary compared to other State's Attorney's Offices. Aggressive criminal prosecution. Growing population and increase in bad crime. Plenty of opportunity to prosecute tough cases. Professional atmosphere. Decent judges in DuPage County when compared to Cook County. The Judges in DuPage County get the law right the majority of the time. Good criminal defense bar in the area, defense bar mostly comprised of former ASA's. Very friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Salary and benefits are limited by public budget and set by the County. The State's Attorney must present budget request to county board each year. The State's Attorney has very limited power to increase salaries and cannot do anything about benefits. Benefits are dictated by the County. The job itself is great. No downside whatsoever if criminal prosecution is what you want to do.

Its a well run place. There isn't much that I can say here. Its a well oiled machine. It functions. Cases get prosecuted. Bad guys go to jail. The system works. Society benefits because of it.

DuPage County Good ole' boy network

Former Employee - Deputy Sheriff  in  Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Deputy Sheriff in Wheaton, IL

I worked at County of DuPage (Illinois)

Pros

Deputized upon job final interview with sheriff. Good place to get your foot in the door of law enforcement.

Cons

Incompetent management,highly political process for promotion, breakdown: if you donate to the sheriff's campaign fund+pass out propaganda/signs/etc.= promotion. Supervisors are historically without any interpersonal/management skills. Pay is poor when compared to local P.D.'s.

Try promoting on the basis of actual leadership ability and not as a reward for any re-election efforts. Quit dragging red herrings when threatened by the talks of unionization or pay-raises.

Worked for County of DuPage (Illinois)? Contribute to the Community!