County of Riverside Economic Development Agency

County of Riverside Economic Development Agency Reviews

3.9

CEO

Coordinator

Current Employee - Economic Development Agency -Development Specialist I in Riverside, CA

I have been working at County of Riverside Economic Development Agency full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a family. Just like my family, there are wonderful people with a common purpose. There are wonderful opportunities to help people and change lives. Cutting edge: Chances to create new programs and learn and use latest technology on the job. Opportunities for advancement and use of skills and passions, "Find one's true calling."

Cons

It's a family. Just like my family, there are people I do my best to avoid. A few stereotypical government workers who avoid the real purpose to change lives, who are there only for the paycheck. There is a bureaucracy. Implementing new ideas can be difficult.

Remember the purpose. Meet customers' (both external and internal) needs. Help, Advocate, Innovate and Raise up.

Politics Politics Politics

I worked at County of Riverside Economic Development Agency

Pros

Able to take time off when requested. Never really have to work overtime.

Cons

Very difficult to get promoted. I guess it depends on what division you work for. There are some incompetent people that work for the County.

It's not always about seniority, promote those that are best qualified to do the job. Listen to the