Coupa Software Inc Reviews

Reset
4.0
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Pros
  • Energy everywhere, and super focus on customer success (in 11 reviews)

• Good work/life balance: you're not getting called in on nights and weekends (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is up to individual to balance, the work can overwhelm with growth (in 4 reviews)

• The company is growing fast and work-life balance can be a challenge (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Mateo, CA

Pros

A sales person's dream- great innovation, awesome customer references and we deliver so much value and savings to our customers.

Cons

So many great things coming down the pike with some big releases coming in the near future, I want to sell it all! But, I have to wait for the nectar to come.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We are growing rapidly, so, please make sure support, implementations and customer care are properly staffed to take care of tidal wave of customers coming in.

Firing on all cylinders.

Current Employee - Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The opportunity of a lifetime to help companies save on the bottom line. Great new CEO who knows how to focus a team, get stuff done, and go hard to the hoop. Psyched to be there!!!

Cons

It is still early and we there is a lot to prove.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep at it.

Fast moving, goal focused, team with a market changing product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Opportunity to be at the ground floor of a company literally changing the e-procurement marketplace and defining the next evolution of spend management. Flat org full of dedicated, multi-talented people with incredible experience in the functional procurement and management realms as well as a rockstar technical team building an exceptional product from the ground up.

Cons

Has made many strides and established itself as a large player in the e-procurement space. Needs to maintain its energy and momentum to chip away at #1 and get its name known.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire and keep the right people challenged and empowered to make the company what it is.

Dynamic Company that is an Amazing place to work! Changing the Game in the Cloud!

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

This company provides opportunity for growth, advancement, continuous improvement and is really changing how procurement and expense are done with its TRUE cloud computing platform and ease of use. Coupa really focuses on not only the growth of the Company, but the growth of their employees. We are growing fast, so if you are looking to join a game changing company better get on board quick!

Cons

Opportunities are endless as we are providing a service that is unmatched, so it is hard to keep up, but loving every minute of it.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication level high, as you are making it so titles are not a separating factor, and working with everyone as peers and providing feedback when needed, as well as praise when deserved

Bright people, great product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Coupa is filled with bright, energetic people who want to make our customers successful. The attitude is aggressive, but not cut-throat at all. As other commenters have mentioned, the service and product teams are the strength, while sales and marketing getting better every day. The product is outstanding have been designed and built by a brilliant young team.

Cons

If you want an easier job and make more money, go to SAP or Oracle. And there's much work to go to establish the company as a new major player in the space.

Building a new market with the top talent in the SaaS and procurement spaces

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

-Great, Talented, Customer Success focused people -Leadshiper with incredible vision for the company -Tools and flexibility to make a difference to customers and the company -Awesome new office in downtown San Mateo (right near Caltrain as well)

Cons

The company is growing so fast in the market, you will be stretched. This is not a "its not my job" or "Its 5pm, time to head home" type of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best people who can contribute to our unique culture that makes this company and our solution what it is.

Pretty awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Working with the dev team is a blast. Everyone meshes well together and has a great sense of humor. The talent in this group is amazing and it is a pleasure to call every single one of them my coworker. We have a great office with all of the standard fun startup stuff (ping pong, shuffleboard, rock band) and a lot of comfortable space to get away and get into the zone to get s#!t done. While the work/life balance is great, you are expected to get your work done so there can be some late nights but it all balances out in the end. The company is clearly going somewhere and doing amazing things. We are poised to take over this industry and I'm glad to be helping make that happen.

Cons

While the majority of the company wants a startup culture and continue to innovate in all areas, a lot of recent decisions make it clear that senior management is starting to take on a more corporate and enterprise-y vision for us.

Advice to Management

Make sure not to let us lose the spunky, go get 'em attitude that makes us great!

Excellent product and staff

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product and support staff

Cons

very 'cut throat' sales approach

Advice to Management

None

Great work environment - Fun, Powerful Product

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of work hours and work tasks Pay and Upside potential Development Team Quality Casual, but hard-working attitude across the company

Cons

Most people work hard - there is no direct pressure to do so, but the culture is better for people who want to work with passionate people.

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Great to hear about our company in WSJ, Forbes, Local news, etc. Lots of new and interesting opportunities it seems in every role!

I am investing time and effort into a successful growing company, alongside an amazing group of people, and having fun

Current Employee - Professional Services in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very exciting time at Coupa -- we're growing, getting lots of sales, adding people An individual at any level has the ability to influence and make things happen Great coworkers who really support me and our customers -- no politics Hours are flexible as long as the job gets done. Management understands we all have personal commitments Unlimited PTO, as long as the boss approves The work challenges really sharpen your skills Management communicates regularly, holds regular all hands meetings (the twice-yearly onsite ones are a blast) and I feel like I know where Coupa is and where it's going No walls -- we all sit in a large room together and have insight into each other's work and challenges. It's really fun and provides for some lively banter

Cons

Occasionally painful time in company growth (startup to established company). The painful part is number of hours needed to keep up with the growth - though at least we're building equity! If you do not do well without established bureaucracy or with doing whatever it takes to get the job done, or enjoy playing corporate politics, Coupa probably isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep us growing and having fun

RSS Feed </> Embed