Coupa Software Inc Reviews

86 reviews filtered by
4.1
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Pros
  • Energy everywhere, and super focus on customer success (in 11 reviews)

• Management understands that work/life balance is important (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is up to individual to balance, the work can overwhelm with growth (in 4 reviews)

• Management by fear is the standard at Coupa throughout (in 3 reviews)

1. Expect to be in the Driver's Seat

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Manager

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Coupa culture has remained as we grow at an accelerated pace. This culture of collaboration, respect, and execution makes it a pleasure to be a Coupa employee day in and day out.

Leadership openness and accessibility are not buzzwords you hear from our recruitment teams; they are what Rob and the VP's live each day. It is a refreshing change from previous employers who pay lip service to their employees.

We are one company executing against a very clear vision and it shows in every interaction with your colleagues.

Cons

Working at a leader in Spend Management has its challenges. We are 350 employees working like we are 3,500 and are disrupting an industry that has not had real change in decades.

The work is hard and the expectations are high. Some people are not suited for this type of fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to monitor growth to ensure it is truly needed. Are we working smart enough across our organizations and utilizing the right skills in the right places?

Inspiration, Perspiration and Exhilaration!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

That's Coupa to me in a nutshell!!!

I have been with Coupa for a couple years now. I worked at several amazing companies prior to joining Coupa, and yet I must say this is THE best place I have ever worked at.

I get lots of recruiter emails and calls every day, and I always respond with "Thank you for reaching out....I don't want to waste your time, I am having time of my life, and feel pretty wedded to Coupa".

I feel that way because people here are fully alive. They have a kick in their step. They have purpose and determination. They are very bright and down to earth at the same time, a beautiful combo. They inspire me every day. I love them. I feel home here.

Now, don't get me wrong, This is no easy sailing, and it's not for the faint of heart. We have challenges every day. They're tough. We work very hard. And we always roll our sleeves, help each other, and amaze ourselves in the process at how we collectively can solve problems that felt insurmountable, and how we grew professionally in the process. I often remember an advice our CEO once gave that worked so well for me "When it gets extremely uncomfortable, get comfortable. That's exactly where growth happens".

Because we all do that here, we are innovating. We are redefining a space that is tired of old approaches. We are bringing a fresh new vision to co-innovate and co-create solutions with our customers. We are growing rapidly at 100% revenues year over year. Customers small, medium and Fortune 500 are joining us every day and they go live in weeks or months. UNHEARD of in the spend management industry. Customers send us love letters after their go-lives. Serioulsy. It's so rewarding and energizing. I have so many moments here where I stop, ponder at the amazing beauty and harmony in this place. I can't help but think we are not just redefining the space, we are redefining how corporate America could and should look like.

If you are talented, hardworker, hungry for learning and growth, highly collaborative and authentic, you will thrive here, and I strongly recommend you consider joining us. This company is itself a platform for excellence. These are not empty words. We live them. Striving for Excellence is our 3rd core value. It's inscribed in our walls and brains.

Cons

None. Sure, there are lot of work hours and lot of stress, but I don't want to be anywhere else. I feel fully alive and thrive on this endless beautiful cycle of inspiration, perspiration and exhilaration.

Advice to Management

Keep the Coupa culture strong. It has been and will continue to be the secret sauce for success. It is the reason why people come to work with a kick in their step every day.

3. Good collegues, great future prospects

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

The dev teams are great. Nice, smart developers all around.

Cons

There is the expected growing pains of a development team trying to expand the market reach.

5. Director, EMEA Alliances

Current Employee - Director, EMEA Alliances in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Director, EMEA Alliances in Paris (France)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company spirit, organizational alignment, quality of people, supportive executive management team, enthusiasm, etc...

Cons

Workload, due to low amount of resources.

Advice to Management

See above. Huge growth of Sales FTE's but low or no growth in Professional Services or Alliances.

6. GREAT SALES CULTURE!!! Huge upside in sales comp plan for good sales people.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc (More than 3 years)

Pros

GREAT SALES CULTURE!!! Huge upside in sales comp plan for good sales people. Relatively low quotas (still). Great collaborative team spirit. Great product. No. 1 with the Industry Analysts. Referencable customers. Very innovative. Good fun play David against Goliath against SAP and Oracle, etc..

Cons

Coupa still has this energetic start-up feel whereby not everything has been pre-arranged and organized. Our people need to be self-sufficient and creative at times, and help build the company of the future. I do not see this as a negative by the way, there is lots of freedom and room for personal initiative.

Advice to Management

With the fast growth continue to ensure that the people that we hire are a good fit for the company culture and are capable of helping build the Coupa rocket ship by rolling up their sleeves!

7. Winning ... What a Feeling!

Current Employee - Professional Services in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

This is the real deal. The company is full of people who are clear on the goals of building a great company that is going to be around for a long time and be wildly successful. Having worked at several companies that were doing "turnarounds", it is so refreshing to be a place where every day (and often multiple times a day) we are celebrating wins - sales wins, customer go-live wins, a great new product rollout, a Gartner Magic Quadrant win. Company is growing like crazy and it seems like every person who joins is better than the last! Culture is positive and people and nice, super knowledgable, and genuinely help each other out. Company does fun events. Compensation is pretty good, sales comp plans have huge upsides, and we are all hopeful the pre-IPO stock will really pay off in the long run!

Cons

The company does so many things at a scale you would think they are a big company - the office space, the sales enablement resources, the systems and tools. It gets easy to forget we are not yet a 1,000 person company.

You can tell they are trying to balance moving fast and not building bureaucracy with setting up repeatable infrastructure. So far, it's going okay.

Advice to Management

We are hiring like crazy, do a better job of getting the word out about how great it is to work at Coupa. Continue your focus on keeping the culture strong.

8. Great Comapny

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc

Pros

Great product, great service, senior management seems to know what they are doing

Cons

Disjointed team collaboration, middle management doesn't have any pull

9. 3 years and still the best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Development in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Development in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc

Pros

Growth, opportunities, culture, diversity, challenges, flexibility

Cons

High amount of growth, hiring, and change. Enterprise customers are hard to deal with many times.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring and promoting within and dont hesitate to fire when making a hiring mistake.

10. Security and compliance

Current Employee - Security and Compliance in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Security and Compliance in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As it a startup there is lot to learn and grow. Every one are supportive and help you in completing the tasks. Its fun to work here .

Cons

The salary they pay you is less especially for interns. Some fine tuning is necessary in all departments regarding processes

Advice to Management

The company is growing in a rapid pace and there are lack of meeting rooms available for all. So some expansion is necessary.

11. Great people, culture, and product

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Fantastic work environment - fast growing company with an autonomous & meritocratic environment. A great business that is laser focused on customer success, and optimizing for the long term.

Cons

No real cons, the only thing that you have to be aware of is that the culture is focused on success & results - if you can't dive in and start running, it will be tough.

Coupa Software Inc Photos