Coupa Software Inc

Updated October 15, 2014
4.1

Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Pros
  • Energy everywhere, and super focus on customer success (in 11 reviews)

• I specifically joined Coupa because I wanted to make a difference (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is up to individual to balance, the work can overwhelm with growth (in 4 reviews)

• The company is growing fast, adding more customers, employees, offices, middle management and policies (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Phenomenal company, great leadership, exciting place to be

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has incredible momentum and energy. Everyone here seems to really enjoy working here, works hard, and it is a fun culture. Companies that include personal success and customer success as a core value of the company are few and far between and Coupa lives that value system.

The company also moves very quickly. Come in with ideas and be ready to execute. But opportunity abounds.

Cons

Would love a few more employee perks like lunches, healthy snacks, standup desks and some things that some other less interesting companies have but that is nitpicking.

The Best Is Yet to Come!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a fantastic company and Coupa is only getting started. The "Savings-as-a-Service" market is Coupa's to win.

The reasons I joined the company are simple:

1. The CEO is an extremely passionate, driven and is laser focused on customers and their success! Our CEO is down to earth and leads the company on the premise of three "core" values - customer success, results and excellence. Many leaders talk about values, but he actually practices them day-to-day.

2. The people I work with are extremely smart and are all rowing in the same direction. We also have a lot of fun.

3. I have an interesting and challenging role and I clearly understand how my success contributes to the success of the organization and company overall. How many employees can say that?

4. I am proud to be part of a company where we provide real value for our customers - 450+ and growing each day.

5. My immediate manager. We hit it off during the interview process through mutual respect. He understands what I can do for Coupa and I believe, is committed to my long term success.

Cons

There's nothing material - it's all good!

Keep hiring great talent and don't let Coupa's rapid growth change the company or it's values.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All the necessary training and assists to be successful. Executives reward top performers.

Cons

Nothing that any other high growth Silicon Valley company is experiencing.

Company is growing quickly...reward employees with more ownership that have tenure.

Rocketship with single-minded focus on results

Current Employee - RVP of Sales in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RVP of Sales in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I look forward to starting the day consistently.
    Friendly people with great experience.
    No backstabbing or territory stuff to deal with.
    Super product and amazing focus on customers.

Cons

Keep the focus on the values and innovation. Keep focused on attracting and keeping the best people. OK to churn folks if they don't work out.

Culture is off the charts. Keep it that way.

Coupa has the best leadership, with the best product in the industry, and it is a blast winning/working with this team!

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love being a part of such a united, hard-working, motivated team.

Cons

If working hard and daily challenging yourself to grow are not of interest then Coupa is probably not for you.

The Coupa Rocket Ship is Now Visibly Accelerating Globally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is almost a fully optimised company. It operates more fully, more nimbly, and also more productively than companies 10x the size. It is not a culture of long emails or CYA - just the opposite. The company is also very international for being so young.

Approximately 20% of the revenues already come from Europe, a key growth area for Coupa. The European team is particularly mature, capable, and tight-knit. It operates very well as a team and has a great track record of winning business against much larger companies/teams (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Ariba).

Cons

Maintaining the pace - it definitely isn't for everyone. Only people that want to experience and contribute to meaningful and visible change need apply. People that don't measure up or aren't a good cultural fit don't tend to stay long.

Keep the throttle on. This is already the fastest-growing company in this market space, and the only one that is making a difference. Don't get complacent, this is a chance to build something special and the undisputed leader in the market.

Coupa - Innovative, Customer Centric, and Results Driven!!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work as an Account Development Rep (inside sales) and I am now in my fourth month with Coupa. During the interview stages I was in the final selection process for Microsoft as a field based rep for SME's and the choice to join Coupa, in all honesty, was a no-brainer. Once you get talking to the employees and management of Coupa, you immediately realize the determination and intelligence that is consistently running through the company. The pros:

- Undisputed leaders within the market as determined by both Forrester and Gartner
     - Office Politics is non-existent and replaced with a constant focus on support and transparancy in reaching success
     - Open forum, regardless of your position within the company your opinions do matter and you are valued
     - Great salary with achievable targets
     - Consistent support and advice
     - There is very much a 'Team' ethos globally with weekly meetings inclusive of senior execs
     - Bootcamp as initial training in San Francisco - California is always a great backdrop to any situation!
     - No micro-management
     - Intelligent and professional peers, many with a wealth of experience to draw upon
     - Customer centric
     - Fast paced and focused
     - Growth expansion is immense with new hires, product development, and more global reach on a daily basis

Cons

I haven't uncovered any cons as yet, however the interview process can be lengthy - but I'm convinced this is to ensure they hire the right people.

As the company is expanding rapidly please do try to keep the same culture of inclusion of everybody and the regular insights from the various sectors within the company.

CEO is extremely sharp and has what it takes to go big! Doing everything right as a hyper-growth company.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you get on board with the culture, vision, and are 110% committed to the core values, you will be very successful at Coupa! It's all about teamwork to ensure our customers' success!

Cons

Moves very fast! If you're not up for constant change/improvements, Coupa may not be for you. I have never seen such an agile and forward-thinking company.

Keep up the great work and keep investing in your people!

Awesome technology, even better people!

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

The company has allowed me to grow and people are encouraged to grow and develop here which is different from other start ups that I have been apart of.

Cons

We are growing very rapidly, and we have some of the growing pains of associated with being a bigger company as it relates to resources, training etc.

Please keep trying to promote the small company feel, encourage personal growth and development, and actively seek out those that are building a better product, environment and or customer base.

Great Company!!!!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, the technology is great, there is a real entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Comp plan is ok, some growing pains, newer market education.

Keep up the good work.