Couristan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Ronald Couri

1. Industry Leader- allows talented hard working people the platform to succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at Couristan

Pros

Huge assortment- with tons of inventory ! Marketing dept is a gem. Loads of displays systems to get placement. Awesome benefit package. Encourages self motivated people to think and do , thus capable of earning $$$$

Cons

No company is perfect and Couristan is no different. Luckily the owners recognizes their problems and are willing to make sound investments to correct problems.

Advice to Management

Assemble an advisory board from your top dealers and listen to what thay have to say very closely.

2. Area Rugs

I have been working at Couristan

Pros

Good vacation, benefits, and o.k pay.

Cons

Very few opportunities to move up.

3. Terrible

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lee, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lee, NJ

I have been working at Couristan

Pros

the health benefits weren't so bad

Cons

What an awful place. family owned, by 2 brothers. No potential for growth. No time off permitted. Earned vacation time is often rejected because of some deadline. long hours, no compensation, unless your "in" with someone. headhunters in the area are well aware of how awful this place is, as many people seek their help to leave this place

Advice to Management

management should acknowledge others, despite their last names not being associated with Couri. Acknowledge your employees with compensation for their work.

5. What a joke.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Couristan

Pros

If you can negotiate, which most of the time you cant. because of the owner, you can get a car allowance, a company card, and basic office supplies.

Cons

The problem I had with Couristan was that I was never given the opportunity to do my job. I always had my manager or the owner calling me asking "Wheres the business?" As a sales rep you need a ramp up time to start bringing in business, roughly 3 to 6 months. and I was given a less than a month to make them 2 million dollars. While I'm saying it is possible under certain circumstances to make those sales numbers, it wasn't possible for them because those numbers are produced in a years worth of sales in this industry.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a chance to succeed and be themselves. Theirs a reason why your company isn't doing well and its not because of your competitors "stealing" your business. Its because your company cant adapt and your shady tactics in bring in new business. If you ever let your employees speak there minds, without fear of losing there job, you will get real honest answers.

RSS Feed </> Embed