Couristan Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
1.0

Ronald Couri

Toxic, demoralizing business environment - stay away!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at Couristan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OK benefits; good reputation in the flooring industry.

Cons

Where should I begin?
    Mediocre, territorial employees, many of which have been there for several years and would not be able to obtain jobs anywhere else.
    Gossip, sabotage, and backstabbing rampant from the top down.
    Antiquated systems and procedures
    Opinions not valued
    Resistance to change - "that's the way we've always done it"
    The only time raises are doled out is when someone threatens to leave.

It is clear that the owners and senior management are just going through the motions of running the business. Stop micromanaging and either sell or hire a real leader who has the company's best interests in mind.

Terrible

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lee, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lee, NJ

I have been working at Couristan

Pros

the health benefits weren't so bad

Cons

What an awful place. family owned, by 2 brothers. No potential for growth. No time off permitted. Earned vacation time is often rejected because of some deadline. long hours, no compensation, unless your "in" with someone. headhunters in the area are well aware of how awful this place is, as many people seek their help to leave this place

management should acknowledge others, despite their last names not being associated with Couri. Acknowledge your employees with compensation for their work.

What a joke.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Couristan

Pros

If you can negotiate, which most of the time you cant. because of the owner, you can get a car allowance, a company card, and basic office supplies.

Cons

The problem I had with Couristan was that I was never given the opportunity to do my job. I always had my manager or the owner calling me asking "Wheres the business?" As a sales rep you need a ramp up time to start bringing in business, roughly 3 to 6 months. and I was given a less than a month to make them 2 million dollars. While I'm saying it is possible under certain circumstances to make those sales numbers, it wasn't possible for them because those numbers are produced in a years worth of sales in this industry.

Give your employees a chance to succeed and be themselves. Theirs a reason why your company isn't doing well and its not because of your competitors "stealing" your business. Its because your company cant adapt and your shady tactics in bring in new business. If you ever let your employees speak there minds, without fear of losing there job, you will get real honest answers.