Course Hero Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Andrew Grauer

Pros
  • Best of all, you make good money AND are part of a great charity- Books for Africa (in 6 reviews)

• But with Course Hero's Knowledge drive I felt happy telling everyone about the great advantages of the company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be comfortable talking to people face to face and leading a group which can be scary at times (in 4 reviews)

• Uploading notes/resources can get time consuming if you are collecting hand written notes (in 6 reviews)

1. Business Development Internship

Current Employee - Business Development Intern in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Business Development Intern in Columbia, SC

Pros

This internship is not only a great addition to your resume, but an amazing learning experience for anyone interested in business. Flexible hours make working and taking classes a breeze. They help you throughout the entire internship not only in your goal but in your educational experience that it also provides. This internship is also extremely rewarding knowing that not only are you helping students at your school, but the philanthropic initiative to send books to children in need in Africa is very rewarding!

Cons

While this internship does not necessarily bring you tons of money, it's awesome to have extra money on the side coming in.

Advice to Management

Spread the word of this internship as much as you can! This is a great opportunity for business students.

2. Business Development Intern

Pros

Easy work, work at your own pace, get out what you put in

Cons

Remote internship, Low pay meant

Beyond My Expectations

Current Employee - Intern in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Intern in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Course Hero (Less than a year)

Pros

Course Hero personalizes the internship experience by offering weekly video conferences which allows for a greater experience and a sense of belonging to a fantastic company!

Cons

Every company always has room for improvement. Course Hero could use more visual pictures of the great success the company accomplishes through students and the Knowledge Drive.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a group leader message board that can directly link contributed Course Hero team members with a group leaders motivational statuses.

Easy but beneficial

Former Employee - Business Development in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Business Development in Eugene, OR

Pros

Learned a lot, made you stay interested in the program, get community service, donate books to Africa, push you. They honestly want you to be successful after your internship by giving you letters of recommendation and etc.

Cons

Push you with unreachable and unrealistic goals.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and make the interview process more difficult and make sure there is a way to tell if interns are qualified.

VP of Analytics

Current Employee - Vice President of Analytics in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Analytics in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Course Hero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership has a strong vision for the company - Decisions get taken quickly and are data driven - Plenty of ownership and growth opportunities - Positive work environment and company culture - Good work life balance

Cons

- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and take ownership of what you work on (This is a pro or a con depending on an individual's working style). - There is a culture of constructive stress which gives one the opportunity to take initiatives but also liable for ownership failures.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work to maintain the culture as the company keeps growing

Amazing opportunity to learn and grow

I have been working at Course Hero full-time

Pros

Course Hero is an amazing place to work for both recent grads and experienced individuals for multiple reasons: - Amazing culture and open work environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork - Smart, friendly and extremely helpful team members - Tons of opportunities to move between teams and grow your career in different ways - Compensation and benefits are strong - especially for a company of this size - Performance reviews are twice per year and meaningful - One of the best work life balance cultures. People really work hard and play hard - For engineers, there are a lot of different technologies in the platform, and you’ll have the opportunity to be as full-stack as you’d like

Cons

- the team is growing rapidly and it is sometimes hard to know what everyone is working on

Advice to Management

Communicate with the company more frequently and don’t ever stop innovating

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Course Hero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and team members. The culture encourages everyone to be collaborative and helpful. Engineers are empowered and able to work across the full stack. There is an environment of trust and personal responsibility. Engineers who are lacking experience in specific technologies are mentored by others with more experience. Time spent helping others is viewed as time well-spent. When mistakes are made, they are acknowledged, and team members rally to help. Work-life balance is great. People work regular hours, and there's no expectation to work late or on weekends to prove your commitment. Compensation and benefits are strong - especially for a company this size. Performance reviews are twice per year, and from what I've seen, the criteria are fair and applicable.

Cons

If you're looking for a large company with massive scale and reach, this is not the best place. Although for that, I think it's a great place to get started.

9. Business Development Intern

Pros

This internship did help to build networks and helped me with basic Business Development knowledge. The constant communication via Skype with my boss helped keep me in check and helped me stay updated with what CourseHero had accomplished recently.

Cons

I felt as though working for them was not actually helping any kids in Africa. My job seemed to just obtain as many documents as possible. I did not feel as though I learned a lot of business skills through this internship, but that does not mean it can be more helpful to someone else.

Advice to Management

Instead of sending powerpoints and Prezis about business development, maybe host conferences in which interns can meet each other and learn from the other to succeed better.

Best place to work for all levels of engineers

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Course Hero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to grow for all levels of engineers. Since the company's culture is open and friendly, every employee, even very junior engineers, have a chance to make a big impact on the business. My team members are friendly and passionate about building great products, and I hear a lot of good discussions every day. It’s the most collaborative work environment I have ever been in. Management treats employees well. Course Hero offers competitive salary, great health insurance, and a variety of fun company events.

Cons

Since everything is moving very fast, there are very few firmly established procedures. Everyone always needs to think about the best way to get things done, which may be uncomfortable for people who prefer stable or well- defined process.

Advice to Management

Protect our awesome company culture and continue to treat employees well, even as the company continues to grow fast.

11. Business Development Intern

Pros

Friendly managers Easy work Paid internship

Cons

Busy work Can be time consuming

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about the realities of the internship

RSS Feed </> Embed