Course Hero
www.coursehero.com Redwood City, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Course Hero Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Andrew Grauer

Pros:
  • "You receive a letter of recommendation, if you successfully complete the internship"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Through our partnership with Books for Africa, I feel like I get to make a difference at my job every single day"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "more time consuming that you would think"
    in 5 reviews
  • "I value face-to-face interactions so this aspect of the job is something completely new to me"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing Intern Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing company, flexible hours and a great cause.

ConsHard to get students to sign up.

Company with great initiative by enhancing the education community worldwide.

Redwood City, CA

ProsContribute to the Knowledge Drive which contribute one book to an African institution for every 10 document uploads.

ConsCompensated based upon ability to acquire academic tools which is limited by your personal network.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps more bonuses or other incentives could accompany the compensation of document uploads.

Business Development Internship

Madison, WI

ProsI found this internship to be a great learning experience. Due to the nature of the internship, and the requirements that are asked of you, it is essential to adapt, an inexplicably valuable thing to be able to do. As the internship progresses, especially during test time, it can be very difficult to succeed in securing contributors on a regular basis. In order to do so, you must get creative, adapt, and figure out how to mitigate the obstacles that impede the progression of the internship.

ConsI think the biggest con of course hero is the convenience and ease of the website. There are many improvements that could and should be made in order to enhance the website. For example, when a user logs in, they should be able to see the list of courses already uploaded to their school. If not all, then at least the ones that are locked. It makes no sense that users may be uploading material to a closed class because they are simply unaware of what is already on the website.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thought that the senior management at Course Hero was very helpful. My mentor Rachel was incredibly helpful in every aspect, and was always available if an issue arose. Also, senior management is always very cognizant of your goals, and does whatever is necessary to help you reach them. I will say that I think the workshops could be improved. They are very short, and while they do communicate valuable lessons, they could be far more extensive, and could be significantly more beneficial to those that are learning.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty Good Internship

Business Development (Former Employee)
    Bethlehem, PA

ProsThis was a fun and progressive internship with chances for flexibility, creativity and independent work. Friendly manager a plus!

ConsIt got to be hard working remotely to meet difficult (or sometimes unrealistic) goals. The compensation was pretty ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great opportunity for young interns, so keep improving the program, as it is pretty new. More chances to grow and progress with the company would help.

Very entrepreneurial experience

Business Development (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsInternship is set up so that you can choose how much you want to work each work as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Compensation is good and also depends on how much you put into your work.

ConsBe prepared to face rejection from people who can't be bothered by these kinds of on-campus ambassador internships.

Awesome way to get some marketing and leadership experience

Professional Development Intern (Former Employee)
    Auburn, AL

ProsMy mentor Tamara Ford was so helpful

ConsNever met anyone face-to-face, but still a great experience

Course Hero is not what it seems to be.

Intern (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsIt is nice that you get to help out needy children because the knowledge drive program donates books to children who need them the most.

ConsPay is terrible

Hours of work for nearly zero pay

You have to spend an unreal amount of time just make a few dollars.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay up to your workers.

I worked six months for Course Hero as a Business Development Intern

Blacksburg, VA

ProsGreat support and communication from supervisor, especially Tristan. Easy way to learn and apply fundamental business skills. The time and effort required to aid the Knowledge Drive and make money does not interfere with ones ability to focus on school or participate in other activities. Weekly goals help set high standards which once completed give a great feeling of accomplishment. Management is very interested in employee and user advice on how to improve Course Hero. Free access to Course Hero's abundance of academic resources.

ConsBeing an active and social individual is necessary to succeed. You can not have a fear of rejection and must be persistent. After the first several weeks you may find it harder to add people to your team and slightly more effort will be required to reach people and complete courses.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your standards for interns as it helps facilitate the achievement of their goals and teaches time management and other skills necessary in the business world. Keep up the positive attitude and communication. Continue to actively seek employee and user feedback to further improve Course Hero.

Had an overall good experience, but would change some things in the program

Business Development Intern (Current Employee)

ProsEasy to balance the position and school work for interns
    Fair compensation for the amount of work
    Good communication with mentor
    Good place for students

ConsThe internship was online-based
    The system could be improved

Knowledge Drive Group Leader

New York, NY

ProsYou can work anywhere you want as long as you have the access to Internet

ConsNot learning much from the internship

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it more valuable experience to your interns

Worked for Course Hero? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Course Hero reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Course Hero CEO Andrew Grauer. All 68 reviews posted anonymously by Course Hero employees.