Course Hero

Updated August 14, 2014
Updated August 14, 2014

4.2

Andrew Grauer

Pros
  • You receive a letter of recommendation, if you successfully complete the internship (in 5 reviews)

• It's a great cause also , Course Hero Knowledge drive donate 1 book for every 10 documents uploaded (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • hard to get started and get students to sign up (in 4 reviews)

• more time consuming that you would think (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, short internship!

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Chance to be creative and work independently (with supervision) and to hone business skill set. My manager was great at helping me set and reach my goals for a given week. You get to develop your personal style, rather than trying to fit into a script. Best of all, you make good money AND are part of a great charity- Books for Africa. Also great understanding of the school-life-work balance.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult working remotely and meeting goals. There is a lot of flexibility, though, if you are having issues meeting your goals.

Keep up the great incentives and bonuses, but maybe find a way to connect interns to each other.

Course Hero has been a positive and meaningful experience that I am so grateful for!

Pros

You are responsible for yourself and how you manage your time, meetings, and team members. It's a great way to grow and gain communication and networking skills. You have freedom in that you aren't working 8-5 on a daily basis but that also allows you to become effiecnt at managing your time. You are in charge of your success and meeting your goals, but you also have a mentor and manage available to support you and help you every step of the way. My experience has been amazing and I have had such friendly and encouraging people to help me become the best intern I could be. By having this job, I feel that I am now more applicable for jobs after I graduate college because I can show my ability to communicate, network, plan, and organize all in an effiecnt manner. These are not skills that I would not have been able to refine without my position with Course Hero.

Cons

Getting started as an intern is the biggest challenge because it takes some time to determine the best plan of action for recruiting team members and effiecntly uploading documents. But once you find your rhythm, your time as an intern becomes enjoyable and you can feel and look back on your growth and be proud of your accomplishments. I definitely did not expect to gain all that I did from this program.

Make sure everyone is as helpful, dedicated, patient, and as devoted and loving of their jobs as Rachel. She was such a big factor in my success and she made my time as an intern an enjoyable experience. I am so appreciative of her professionalism and kind personality as well as her many helpful tips and constant willingness to always help out. She made me feel so welcome and like an important part of the Course Hero company and I'm on the other side of the US!

Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Perfect for sales and marketing experience. In addition, it is convenient since you can work from home.

Cons

The organization can be quite disorganized. The manager would forget what week I was on for my internship.

STAY ORGANIZED.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Intern Experience

Pros

Amazing company, flexible hours and a great cause.

Cons

Hard to get students to sign up.

The Business Development Internship Program was great for starting your professional development.

Former Employee - Business Development Intern
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern

Pros

- I had a great manager who helped strive me to improve every week
    - Even though it was an online internship, you communicated with different people face-to-face as well as on social media
    - Helps benefit others while helping yourself

Cons

- Pay is all commission, but there are many bonuses. If you work hard, you will be rewarded
    - May not have the feel of a traditional internship

- Create some easier ways to upload documents onto the website

Company with great initiative by enhancing the education community worldwide.

Former Employee - Business Development Intern  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Contribute to the Knowledge Drive which contribute one book to an African institution for every 10 document uploads.

Cons

Compensated based upon ability to acquire academic tools which is limited by your personal network.

Perhaps more bonuses or other incentives could accompany the compensation of document uploads.

Business Development Internship

Former Employee - Business Development Intern  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Madison, WI

Pros

I found this internship to be a great learning experience. Due to the nature of the internship, and the requirements that are asked of you, it is essential to adapt, an inexplicably valuable thing to be able to do. As the internship progresses, especially during test time, it can be very difficult to succeed in securing contributors on a regular basis. In order to do so, you must get creative, adapt, and figure out how to mitigate the obstacles that impede the progression of the internship.

Cons

I think the biggest con of course hero is the convenience and ease of the website. There are many improvements that could and should be made in order to enhance the website. For example, when a user logs in, they should be able to see the list of courses already uploaded to their school. If not all, then at least the ones that are locked. It makes no sense that users may be uploading material to a closed class because they are simply unaware of what is already on the website.

I thought that the senior management at Course Hero was very helpful. My mentor Rachel was incredibly helpful in every aspect, and was always available if an issue arose. Also, senior management is always very cognizant of your goals, and does whatever is necessary to help you reach them. I will say that I think the workshops could be improved. They are very short, and while they do communicate valuable lessons, they could be far more extensive, and could be significantly more beneficial to those that are learning.

Very entrepreneurial experience

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Internship is set up so that you can choose how much you want to work each work as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Compensation is good and also depends on how much you put into your work.

Cons

Be prepared to face rejection from people who can't be bothered by these kinds of on-campus ambassador internships.

Awesome way to get some marketing and leadership experience

Former Employee - Professional Development Intern  in  Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Professional Development Intern in Auburn, AL

Pros

My mentor Tamara Ford was so helpful

Cons

Never met anyone face-to-face, but still a great experience

Course Hero is not what it seems to be.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Intern in Tulsa, OK

Pros

It is nice that you get to help out needy children because the knowledge drive program donates books to children who need them the most.

Cons

Pay is terrible

Hours of work for nearly zero pay

You have to spend an unreal amount of time just make a few dollars.

Pay up to your workers.

Worked for Course Hero? Contribute to the Community!