Course Hero Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
125 reviews filtered by
4.0
Andrew Grauer

Pros
  • The work with Books for Africa made the internship worthwhile (in 6 reviews)

• if humanitarianism is your thing, this is a really easy way to do it through their Knowledge Drive Project (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of working online rather than face to face, some may like it, others may not (in 4 reviews)

• hard to get started and get students to sign up (in 4 reviews)

Working for Course Hero was such a great learning experience!

Current Intern - Intern in Moraga, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Moraga, CA

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work from home
    -Make your own hours
    -Work with a Mentor
    -Mentor always available for questions through text
    -Paid based on how hard you work

Cons

-Not good for someone who needs constant supervision
    -Lots of rejection
    -Not easy to recruit people to upload.

Advice to Management

Maybe offer half credit courses on Campus rather than online workshops. Could be easier for some who need a little more supervision.

Working at Course Hero has been a challenging, but extremely rewarding experience.

Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You can build your communication and marketing skills.
    You learn how to work around issues like people canceling on you.
    Seeing the number of books you helped to donate go up makes you feel accomplished.

Cons

You spend a lot of time networking to find people to join your team.
    Explaining the uploading process and actually uploading takes a considerable amount of time.
    It's difficult to find people who have enough time and readily available materials to upload.

Advice to Management

Definitely, I would suggest helping the interns to find a better way to motivate people to upload; not enough people seem to be interested when they realize just how much time and effort it takes to sort through stuff to find enough documents to upload.

3. Business Development Intern

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern

Pros

+Work at home
    +Set your own schedule
    +Compensation

Cons

-Difficult to get peers to sign up for Course Hero and upload documents
    -Supervisor seems a bit unorganized
    -Feels like you're being a burden to the people who you are asking to upload documents.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on helping interns to find better strategies to motivate their friends to upload documents.

This semester, I have interned at Course Hero and it has opened my eyes to the fact that good companies exist.

Current Intern - Business Development in Livonia, MI
    Current Intern - Business Development in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You're in charge of your own work, you're helping students around the world, and managers are invested in your success. You feel like you're doing a good thing and are a part of something bigger than yourself.

Cons

It's harder to achieve a lot at a small school, but it's important to realize that every bit helps, even if you're not donating 500 books like some of the interns at the huge universities do. We could potentially be given more resources right away, like fliers to help get our word out there, but there really isn't many bad things to say about Course Hero.

Advice to Management

My manager Frank Driscoll made the transition to Course Hero easy and was alway open for questions, I say keep it up! You're making us interns feel important! Also, I appreciate the good you all are doing for students, interns, and the world! I'm glad I was able to see a company do something nice for a change!

6. Enjoyable and helpful program

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern

Pros

Able to learn about time management skills and leadership roles

Cons

Documents/classes will get rejected and I will not receive a reason why they were rejected unless I reach out first

I have had a great experience interning for Course Hero

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I love interning for course hero because the work load is very manageable and still very rewarding. If you are someone who excels with intercommunication and being persuasive about a great company/website, this internship will suit you well. I always feel very comfortable and on top of my work with the help of my manager, and I've been able to utilize my relationships with friends and peers to contribute some great content to the knowledge drive.

Cons

The challenge of the Course Hero internship is being very reliant on the website and the technical aspects of the website. While it is helpful to speak with people face to face, there is a lot of online communication involved in getting people to join your group and contribute. Additionally, it often requires follow up explanation and maneuvering to make sure the documents your members upload are accepted and successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Management is doing a great job. One idea I discussed with my manager (Jake Edson) is allowing the interns to access more info as group leaders. For example, allowing the intern, as well as the contributing group member, to receive emails about documents uploads.
    Additionally, it would be much easier to be paid by check or even venom, rather than paypal, which is less convenient.

Business Development Intern

I have been working at Course Hero

Pros

-You learn how to be responsible and to motivate yourself to get the work done since you are in a sense your own boss
    -Great communication skills learning to connect with a Manager across the company. Learned how to work with different time zones, email etiquette, and Skype conference calls and webinars
    -As a former education major I get to gain business skills to help me excel in the real world, while still helping children by sending books over seas!
    -Included is the business development programs with weekly presentations that are actually very helpful and enjoyable
    -The company is very modern and young you get to work with great people
    -It may not be the most consistent form of pay as a low fund college student since you get paid base off complete courses, however it is still a lifesaver to receive $40 checks every now and then

Cons

-Sometimes hard work is not followed through because it is difficult to get people to upload which means less pay
    -Or you are stuck uploading everyone's documents consuming more time making the time to pay ratio frustrating sometimes
    -Having this on my resume has helped me land a summer internship back at home

Advice to Management

I think that once a student graduates from a program they should still reap the benefits as the students who uploaded 50+ course packs. My goal is to reach the 30 in time for graduation and I have been working extremely hard towards it and would really like to benefit from the linkedin connection and letter of recommendation.

Rewarding

Current Employee - Business Development Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Intern in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Course Hero

Pros

You own your development and business
    You benefit an amazing cause, Books for AfRica
    You develop better networking skills
    You become a better leader
    You have a mentor who is there for you when you need help
    Overall great experience

Cons

Small school made it more difficult to achieve greater feats.
    Not really any negative aspects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I really enjoyed the experience and I think a lot of others will as well!

10. A valuable lesson about your work ethic.

Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Athens, GA
    Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Athens, GA

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Based on how much work you put in
    - Informative Workshops on networking, innovation, marketing and more
    - You can put in work anytime you want. including 3am if that works for you
    -The website is easy to learn
    -Most important, I felt like I made a difference with the books my team and I raised

Cons

- More work than you initially expected
    - People are not as interested after they realize how much work they have to put in
    - It can be a little hard to get your technologically challenged friends to help

Advice to Management

- Make those initial documents that are sent to employees more clear, I felt like every time I spoke to my manager there is a new rule or requirement that I did not know about even through I throughly read everything.

Fun and Exciting

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Course Hero as a contractor

Pros

I loved my time as a business development intern. The work entails spending a lot of time connecting with peers and socializing. If you are a social butterfly and want to embrace this in an internship this is a great place for you.

Cons

Not paid by the hour so earnings are very inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Great program.

Course Hero Photos