CourseTrends

Alan Stalcup

Enjoy coming to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

CourseTrends promotes a relaxed atmosphere. Even though CourseTrends is considered a small company, they employ all types of personalities (sales people, numbers people, computer people). The way these personalities interact is fun.

Each employee has set expectations so you know where you stand whether you are commissioned, salaried or hourly. If you need help, you are encouraged to ask and it is made available, but incompetence is not tolerated (there is a difference).

Cons

Few benefits offered. Employees work too close together resulting in high levels of background noise.

Allow more telecommuting. Let the sick people work from home.

Do not waste your time

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

Pros

Some co-workers are friendly.

Cons

Management team is horrible/rude/unhelpful
    Uncomfortable work environment
    100% outbound sales
    office culture = stressful & lots of tension
    Pay day once a month
    Mission trips with co-workers

Treat your employees with respect.

Seriously?!? Stay Away...

Former Employee - Marketing Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

They pay check clears, You get to sit in a chair, it's golf related.

Cons

If you are looking for a job with them in sales... run! From the moment I stepped in the door, until the minute I left I felt uncomfortable. There is a reason they constantly have job postings because people come and go at an alarming rate. My manager was a nice enough guy and seemed like he had my best interests in mind, but he made promises that I knew would be hard to keep especially when it came to compensation. Training consisted of roleplaying exercises that were a joke. The manager would go over the material over and over, and when it was my turn he would stop me and tell me how I should say things and just repeat everything he said before without EVER letting me finish a sentence or present the material. This must have happened 50 times, it was beyond aggravating. On the tee time reservation side, they had an old manager that would literally yell at the employees. He might have been the most negative cold-hearted person I have ever come across in business. I am not an overly religious person, but God was with me when I was hired that I did not fall on to his team. Also what they do not tell you if you go to work as a new person on the marketing sales side, you are paid as a draw against commission, so if you don't sell enough to surpass your base salary you are docked or actually owe them money. The worst part was the lack of sales opportunities. There are only so many golf courses out there so your targets are limited. I maybe had about 200 actual opportunities to make sales, so if you average 50 calls a day, in 4 days you are already through your call lists. Not to mention there are already 3 other people calling them. They work under 2 different organization names but sell the exact same thing so your leads are completely covered over and the people you call are annoyed. I wish I could have seen all of this during the interview but I was so desperate at the time I was blinded.

Learn to treat people with respect, actually pay your sales people...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Egomaniac CEO, poor products, bad customer service, sales sweatshop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The Coworkers, annual mission trip.

Cons

Not a lot of growth, bad management, emotional CEO. Dying industry: email marketing, templated web sites, and golf are all on the decline.

Don't waste your time at this place.

Pros

Discounted golf, decent salary and some cool people to work with. Plus there are opportunities to travel to other countries and volunteer on the companies dime.

Cons

First, let me point out something about these reviews. Notice that between October and November there were 2 negative reviews. Then there were 12 positive reviews that all had 4 or 5 stars from December 4th to 10th. They were going around asking employees to give a good review and were pretty demanding about it. So these reviews carry no weight in my opinion.

In the time I have worked for this company I have seen about 20 people quit or get fired and about 25 people get hired. I believe that the reasons why this is the case is they make promises (commissions, bonuses etc) and don't follow through. There are 5 people on the management team: 3 of them are very angry people who talk down to employees, are very inconsiderate and don't care about employees.

The benefits are pretty meager, but it became a joke when they recently rolled out a 401K plan. But the laughter came when they informed us that there is no employer match. That's the dumbest thing and pretty selfish for such a small company with multi-million dollar revenues each year.

Maybe relax a little bit, read a book on treating subordinates with respect. I promise it'll create a new type of loyalty if you treat employees with respect.

Growing Company with a lot of Opportunities

Current Employee - Account Management
    Current Employee - Account Management

Pros

CourseTrends is a growing Austin based company providing Internet Marketing Solutions for Golf Courses in North America. Flexible work schedule in a fast paced environment . There are opportunities for promotions and raises yearly. If you put in the hard work you will be rewarded for your performance. I have almost doubled my salary this year. They pay for half of your monthly premium for Health Care after 60 days. They offer a yearly one week paid trip to foreign countries to help out non profit groups making a difference in the World and are involved in Local Austin charities too. 50 Employees - you get to know everyone you work with.

Cons

Would like the ability to contribute to a 401 k plan

Solid place to grow and learn

Current Employee - Copywriter  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Austin, TX

Pros

Casual and comfortable work environment feels relaxed and friendly.

There's no politics involved here. Everything depends on how hard you're willing to work, and the opportunities to advance are ample.

Very results-oriented business. What management wants from you is made clear on day one. You have all the room and resources you need to do your thing, work hard, learn new skills and push yourself to contribute. They will reward you for doing so.

Company also provides several opportunities each year to take a week off with pay and volunteer with international aid organizations in Latin America. (Incredible opportunity).

Cons

Mopac traffic can be absolutely brutal around where this office is located, particularly in the afternoons.

Blessing to Myself and My Family

Current Employee - Activation Manager
    Current Employee - Activation Manager

Pros

I have found there to be so many pros to working for their company. This is a growing company and there are a few reasons why. First, I believe in our product offering. My job affords me the ability to speak with our customers every day. Our products and services our customers receive have are wide-ranging and are of the utmost quality. Second, service is a major tenant of this organization. The service we provide to our customers I believe is second to none. The company puts forth the extra effort to make sure our customers are successful and strive to put the customers as the number 1 priority. I believe that is one of the main reasons we continue to grow. The company also does a tremendous job of serving the community here in Austin. There is a steady flow of service opportunities that employees can participate in during work hours. The company also offers yearly one-week paid service trips overseas where employees go help non-profits in foreign countries and serve the local community.

On a personal note, the company has truly treated me like family and has been a blessing to my family. In the last couple months, I have had a medical emergency, rushed surgery and will be very soon welcoming a baby into my family. The company has been extremely flexible and generous with my time, allowing me to take the time off needed to recover and heal, work from home if necessary and have encouraged me to take time off when the baby arrives so I can spend time taking care of my wife and our daughter. Honestly, the way they have treated me is priceless and I would recommend this company to anyone.

I have already referred a former co-worker here who has since been hired and would do so again if the opportunity arose.

Cons

I hope in the future there is an option to do some type of 401k

Honestly, I cannot say enough about my supervisor, Alan and the management team. They have welcomed me with open arms and treated me like family. I couldn't ask for more than that.

Great People! Great work atmosphere!

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

Pros

The employees at Course Trends are Wonderful! This is the type of work place that quickly becomes a "Second Family environment". It's truly a wonderful working atmosphere.
    Course Trends is a rapidly expanding company that offers good opportunities for those that seek additional responsibilities and look to succeed.
    Course Trends rewards quite well with large and frequent salary raises for those that truly give of themselves in their position.

Course Trends is a very charitable company that is involved with several Christian Missionary Organizations such as Honduras Good Works, Austin Samaritans, Makarios among others. The company offers the opportunity for each employee to take a One Week - all expense paid mission trip to Honduras, Nicaragua and The Dominican Republic to help out in different service projects that these Organizations have going on in these countries. It is a great opportunity to help out those less fortunate in these countries and it seems to help those that get involved to have a different perspective on our own lives. It shows to be a very rewarding experience for all that go and get involved.

Other benefits Course Trends offer are twelve PTO days a year on top of the normal paid holidays and of course the one week paid time off to participate in the International Service projects.

Medical benefits are provided and paid for by Course Trends for the employee.

Cons

No 401 or Retirement plan offered

Long term, continuous success at growing, innovative, stable company

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Successful work environment, team works hard to achieve results, pay for performance culture

Cons

You won't fit in here if you do not like to be accountable to the results of your work

Keep on truckin'

Worked for CourseTrends? Contribute to the Community!