Covenant Care

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014
2.7

Robert A. Levin

Innovative company with excellent leaders; growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun corporate culture. Devoted to excellent clinical outcomes, strong customer service and innovation. Good benefits, great work environment and a positive atmosphere!

Cons

I wish I would have been here sooner. Caring and considerate co-workers, solid growth opportunity and 'outside the box' thinkers who take the lead.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management tactics focus on team-ideas, team-solutions, and team-based responsibilities.

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

Awful company to work for. The corporate executives are all drunks after hours and "druggies".

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I initially thought there were pros when I was hired because of all the fake promises and values they discussed with me. Pretty much...... if you engage in the after hours drinking and drugs with corporate executives and kiss their butt....your job is safe----Not my kind of company or thing to do!

Cons

They don't tell you when you are hired they have a freeze on ALL raises for the past 4 years and that you will not get a bonus if or a raise if you are not in corporate. Only corporate executives receive the bonus of thousands of dollars every quarter. The work atmosphere is not team oriented....it is more of back stabbing, sabotage, alliances, and hostility. There is sooo much turnover in the company---now I know why. I left a great job to work for this company because they sold me on their lies and made so many promises to me but failed to fulfill those promises. After struggling trying to make this job work for the past year... I had to put my notice in and quit. After I put my notice in, the corporate executive got mad and told me if I left this company that I would not be able to ever work for them again!

In addition, the work load is way too much. They try their best not to give you your mandated uninterrupted meal breaks by having you sit in a training during your meal time and eat while you are listening to the speaker. No overtime allowed! The workload is for a 12 hour shift but you must complete it within 8 hours if you are hourly employee. If you are salaried, your work day is 16 hours but of course you only get paid for 80 hours a pay period.

Clean house! Get rid of the sideliners and recruit individuals who are prepared and competent for their positions. Get rid of your corporate drunks and druggies. They are ruining the success of the company!

Look elsewhere, There has been lots of turnover

Current Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

No pros to list
    No pros to list

Cons

I have an incompetent boss - demeaning, talks down, gives direction to do this but changes their mind 30 minutes later.

No increases for the past 2 years?!

Not enough confidence in their employees strengths. Co workers are very clicky. This place is the epitome of office politics. You can't trust anyone because they will repeat what you said.

No room for advancement

Look at the source of the turnover. There is so much turnover but no one has fired/addressed the supervisor of this position. The reason everyone quits is BECAUSE of the direct supervisor.

Unappreciated

Current Employee - CNA in Davis, OK
    Current Employee - CNA in Davis, OK

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's clean, decent pay, and good clients

Cons

understaffed and under appreciated, staffing issues, high turnover, no union

Great Place to start a career.

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are exceptional! We are a family and help one another within and across departments. Technology is beginning to come around and cross into the 21st century.

Cons

Covenant Care takes to much out of some employees. Give them a little, and they expect your life!

Focus on communication and improved work life balance!

Misrepresented

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talks the Small Town Mentality. Decent Salaries, but you will work extremely hard for them. Great Co-Workers

Cons

Very Poor Benefits Package. Use recruiters to hide their high turnover rate. Clueless to local market and needs of their communities. Has California mentality and is trying to transplant into rural America.

Go back to your roots. If faith is what started your business, it is time to reconnect;. This business needs to be about the people!!

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Dietary Supervisor in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Daycare at facility in Los altos

Cons

If you enjoy management who humiliate you in front of others by yelling at you and criticizing your work, this is the place for you.

Appreciate the ones below you, if you can encourage good work it will make your life easier.

Stuck in neutral

I worked at Covenant Care as a contractor

Pros

Wonderful co-workers who help and encourage each other.

Cons

Too much micro-managing. Not enough confidence in their employees strengths . Too many hidden agendas at C management level.

Let go of "Mon & Pop" mentality. Utilize expertise effectively when experts are brought in. Evaluate capabilities realistically.

No support for employees

Former Employee - Therapist
    Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Covenant Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fair benefits and pay but not worth the stress.

Cons

Micromanaged for employes by manager and no management of managers by higher ups. The manager where I worked insisted on unpaid overtime, working through lunches, swore at employers and would rant and rave about who he didnt like, including his manager, but would brown nose her when she was around. I attempted to talk to area manager about these problems and was blown off. She didnt even want to hear any complaints because I think she thought there was money to be made with the managers system.

Talk to the employees and listen to what the employees are saying and not just the manager. Check into high turnover rates and find out why they are quitting.