Covenant Care Reviews

2.3
Robert A. Levin

1. rai director

I worked at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

Support personal and professional growth

Cons

None so far it has grown steadily

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. CNA

Former Employee - CNA in Ceres, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Ceres, CA

I worked at Covenant Care

Pros

Made good friends and coworkers

Cons

Nursing management was awful and workload was too much

3. Not Permanent

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime, ability to be hired from within.

Cons

Work doubles 2 times a week on a good week. Barely double digits on the pay front, for all a CNA does. Heavy patient load all the time. Aren't really willing to work with you when it comes to schedule and time off. Time off requests are almost always denied.

Advice to Management

Keep a steady schedule per shift per week. Don't give your CNAs too many residents. Day shift - 10 would be better than 15, for example.

5. Low employee morale. High turnover rate.

I worked at Covenant Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had the privilege to work with some great people.

Cons

Leadership was discouraging and intimidating. If you ask to review or for additional training, you where putting your job at risk.

Advice to Management

Stop firing employees that care, invest in them. The bottom line is not everything. You cut staff and increase everyone else's hours when census is low. You burn the nursing staff out to the point they no longer want to work for you and it effects patient care, which should be your priority.

6. Unorganized management

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime since they're short staffed they're always looking for people to work on their days off or to work doubles. Also, the nurses are good they do try to help each other out which is very important in a hectic work environment. Good as a new nurse you will learn a lot because of the diversity of the resident population and their needs.

Cons

Super unorganized and always short staffed. Hard to get your job done when you are stuck helping CNAs or doing a job that a treatment nurse should be doing. At the end of the day you can't help but feel sorry for the residents because they are the ones that really suffer and don't get the attention that they need.

Advice to Management

Be more attentive to your staffs need to limit calling and people leaving for better jobs elsewhere. Also, schedule properly to avoid staffing issues.

7. Innovative company with excellent leaders; growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Talent Acquisition in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun corporate culture. Devoted to excellent clinical outcomes, strong customer service and innovation. Good benefits, great work environment and a positive atmosphere!

Cons

I wish I would have been here sooner. Caring and considerate co-workers, solid growth opportunity and 'outside the box' thinkers who take the lead.

8. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management tactics focus on team-ideas, team-solutions, and team-based responsibilities.

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

Awful company to work for. The corporate executives are all drunks after hours and "druggies".

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I initially thought there were pros when I was hired because of all the fake promises and values they discussed with me. Pretty much...... if you engage in the after hours drinking and drugs with corporate executives and kiss their butt....your job is safe----Not my kind of company or thing to do!

Cons

They don't tell you when you are hired they have a freeze on ALL raises for the past 4 years and that you will not get a bonus if or a raise if you are not in corporate. Only corporate executives receive the bonus of thousands of dollars every quarter. The work atmosphere is not team oriented....it is more of back stabbing, sabotage, alliances, and hostility. There is sooo much turnover in the company---now I know why. I left a great job to work for this company because they sold me on their lies and made so many promises to me but failed to fulfill those promises. After struggling trying to make this job work for the past year... I had to put my notice in and quit. After I put my notice in, the corporate executive got mad and told me if I left this company that I would not be able to ever work for them again!

In addition, the work load is way too much. They try their best not to give you your mandated uninterrupted meal breaks by having you sit in a training during your meal time and eat while you are listening to the speaker. No overtime allowed! The workload is for a 12 hour shift but you must complete it within 8 hours if you are hourly employee. If you are salaried, your work day is 16 hours but of course you only get paid for 80 hours a pay period.

Advice to Management

Clean house! Get rid of the sideliners and recruit individuals who are prepared and competent for their positions. Get rid of your corporate drunks and druggies. They are ruining the success of the company!

Look elsewhere, There has been lots of turnover

Current Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

No pros to list
    No pros to list

Cons

I have an incompetent boss - demeaning, talks down, gives direction to do this but changes their mind 30 minutes later.

No increases for the past 2 years?!

Not enough confidence in their employees strengths. Co workers are very clicky. This place is the epitome of office politics. You can't trust anyone because they will repeat what you said.

No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Look at the source of the turnover. There is so much turnover but no one has fired/addressed the supervisor of this position. The reason everyone quits is BECAUSE of the direct supervisor.

Unappreciated

Current Employee - CNA in Davis, OK
    Current Employee - CNA in Davis, OK

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's clean, decent pay, and good clients

Cons

understaffed and under appreciated, staffing issues, high turnover, no union

RSS Feed </> Embed