Covenant Dove

1.8

Bill Birmingham

company continues to improve

I have been working at Covenant Dove

Pros

making attempts to listen to employees

Cons

constantly low on supplies needed for basic care

Current employee. Been working in nursing homes over 16 yrs and this is the worst run facility I've worked in!

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Collierville, TN

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The CNAs and a few nurses that actually care about these patients.

Cons

Can't get even simple supplies. CNAs and nurses buy soap, lotion, razors, toothbrushes even eye glasses for residents! Donot think you'll get something like cath kits lancets!! Central supply is a joke! Worst administrative staff I've ever worked for!

Find some compassion or quit working with the elderly. Treat your employees like they matter.

Not what i expected

I have been working at Covenant Dove part-time

Pros

not much that i can say for this

Cons

haven't even got paid yet !

sucks..fire them all

Not a good company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Snellville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Snellville, GA

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any pro for this company.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. The budgets that is created from up top are UNREALISTIC. the pay is crappy and the benefits are crappy. It should at the least balance out. Senior management does not care what is going on. They only look at the bottom dollar. Cna's are overworked. It's a 12-13:1 ratio. Are you kidding me?!?! Those poor employees.

Start paying your employees!! You don't give goo raises but you want to take an employees whole check for benefits. Not good at all. Until you start valuing your employees these facilities will continue to do bad.

Overall negative experience. Would absolutely not recommend.

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Nursing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Nursing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staffing ratio is higher for Certified Nurse Aides than anywhere I have worked. CNA 's at our facility (can't speak for the rest) don't work "short handed "

Cons

1. Nursing Management expected to be in meetings, performing meaningless QA audits and participate in conference calls EXCESSIVELY. This does not afford the time to actually do what should be done. Any concerns from DON's about this are met with overly-critical (and sometimes belittling) comments from corp.
    2. Floor RN's & LVN's are expected to pass medications to 25-32 residents PLUS assessments/documentation PLUS diabetic treatments PLUS wound treatments PLUS trach care PLUS G-tubes PLUS nebulizer treatments all in an 8 hour shift. The list goes on and on. Absolutely unreasonable to expect that this would be humanly possible.

Get rid of the ENTIRE "management group" and hire leaders that can develop a plan that is do-able (and prove it by doing it THEMSELVES instead of sitting in their comfy chairs in Tennessee). But I guess it's true what they say...If you can't do it, coach it.

Not somewhere for long term

Former Employee - Pharmacy Audit, AR Specialist, Biller in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Audit, AR Specialist, Biller in Memphis, TN

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate office is lenient with requesting time off, making up time etc, casual dress, no micromanaging, can get away with doing bare minimum. Annual raise based on how much they like you vs actual job performance. Free popcorn and sodas...and occasionally a free lunch.

Cons

No advancement potential, no recognition for quality employees, no incentives for going above and beyond, constant changes to policies (ins premiums increase, vacation time changes, bonus changes etc). Very unorganized and they do not care about qualifications or education. They will move you from position to position with no warning (or even asking if you want to do position) and all are "lateral" so you will not get a raise. Annual raise only 3% at the most which doesn't offset their increases in health insurance premiums and changes to vacation policy etc. They Offer "contests" to win money but never follow through with them (you never get the prize). HR dept is horrible.

Reward quality employees. Quit lying about posting positions internally (only internally posted positions are entry level-every thing else is put on Indeed without any notice to current employees). Hold facilities accountable as well as BOC's and HR. utilize employees based on strengths. Senior management Is far removed from employees because none are actually located in Memphis (where the corporate office is located). CFO needs to grow a set to accomplish what needs to be done. Stop buying refurbished equipment. Do background checks on temps before bringing on board so no one wastes 3 months training them just for them to fail when you decide to make them permanent. Drug test corporate employees.

Vp of maintenance

Former Employee - Vice President of Maintenance in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Vice President of Maintenance in Memphis, TN

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefit package and compensation

Cons

Cut throat management. No life balance

Be aware of what is promised and get it in writing

Worst Experience of My Career

Former Employee - RN Supervisor in Clinton, MS
    Former Employee - RN Supervisor in Clinton, MS

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The client population and their families are the best part of the job.

Cons

Non Supportive administration. Micromanaging. Unrealistic expectations. Superfluous unneeded paperwork. No respect for chain of command. Archaic work systems without computers, or modern equipment. Was like hunting for treasure to find items as mundane as stethescopes, BP cuffs, etc. CNA staff was having to go out and buy their own equipment. Extremely duplicitous
    management style from executive director.

Listen to and support your supervisory staff

A demeaning, awful experience.

Current Employee - MDS Coordinator in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - MDS Coordinator in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

a pay check every two weeks no more and no less

Cons

Well lets start with how they treat their employees: demeaning, demanding and unrealistic work loads. Insurance that nobody can afford my co pay went up to 1,200/pay period... Corporate idiots who do not communicate but bark orders do this do that,, only to change it all the next week.. one person said "THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY AND NOT ENOUGH DAYS IN THE WEEK TO DO WHAT YOU EXPECT US TO DO." Do you like a corporate person swatting you on the head?? Thats what happened to me! Do you like getting threatening daily emails??? As to the residents, well our company provided free hair cuts and sets.. Under Covenant Dove the poor old resident are required to PAY.. Do you like unhappy uncared for residents?? Unhappy family members? Thats what COVENANT DOVE is all about!!!

Learn how to treat people with respect.. then stop promoting your Christian views and ethics when YOU HAVE NONE!!!!! OH and when 30 MDS Coordinators quit dontcha think HELLO?? Whats going on???

Traumatic, a real takeover.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove

Pros

The staff at my facility are wonderful

Cons

They bought up our facilities because they liked how we did things but then changed it. Thye did not give us useful instruction then expected the jobs to be done right. They provided up with outdated orientation materials and made us sign paperwork we did not have time to read if we wanted to keep our jobs. They gave us outdated software and tools and expected productivity. They have replaced it with a revamped and time consuming software program that takes a half hour to do a note. They have let us know recently that we will now have to fill out new hire paperwork and will be working for a contract company that is notorius for insisting on unethical practices if you want to keep your job.

Treat your employees fairly, provide good benefits to all, allow for clinical judgement and do away with the useless time consuming reports that do not add to patient care.