Covenant Dove

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Birmingham

Not what i expected

Prosnot much that i can say for this

Conshaven't even got paid yet !

Advice to Senior Managementsucks..fire them all

Overall negative experience. Would absolutely not recommend.

Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStaffing ratio is higher for Certified Nurse Aides than anywhere I have worked. CNA 's at our facility (can't speak for the rest) don't work "short handed "

Cons1. Nursing Management expected to be in meetings, performing meaningless QA audits and participate in conference calls EXCESSIVELY. This does not afford the time to actually do what should be done. Any concerns from DON's about this are met with overly-critical (and sometimes belittling) comments from corp.
    2. Floor RN's & LVN's are expected to pass medications to 25-32 residents PLUS assessments/documentation PLUS diabetic treatments PLUS wound treatments PLUS trach care PLUS G-tubes PLUS nebulizer treatments all in an 8 hour shift. The list goes on and on. Absolutely unreasonable to expect that this would be humanly possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the ENTIRE "management group" and hire leaders that can develop a plan that is do-able (and prove it by doing it THEMSELVES instead of sitting in their comfy chairs in Tennessee). But I guess it's true what they say...If you can't do it, coach it.

Not somewhere for long term

Pharmacy Audit, AR Specialist, Biller (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsCorporate office is lenient with requesting time off, making up time etc, casual dress, no micromanaging, can get away with doing bare minimum. Annual raise based on how much they like you vs actual job performance. Free popcorn and sodas...and occasionally a free lunch.

ConsNo advancement potential, no recognition for quality employees, no incentives for going above and beyond, constant changes to policies (ins premiums increase, vacation time changes, bonus changes etc). Very unorganized and they do not care about qualifications or education. They will move you from position to position with no warning (or even asking if you want to do position) and all are "lateral" so you will not get a raise. Annual raise only 3% at the most which doesn't offset their increases in health insurance premiums and changes to vacation policy etc. They Offer "contests" to win money but never follow through with them (you never get the prize). HR dept is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward quality employees. Quit lying about posting positions internally (only internally posted positions are entry level-every thing else is put on Indeed without any notice to current employees). Hold facilities accountable as well as BOC's and HR. utilize employees based on strengths. Senior management Is far removed from employees because none are actually located in Memphis (where the corporate office is located). CFO needs to grow a set to accomplish what needs to be done. Stop buying refurbished equipment. Do background checks on temps before bringing on board so no one wastes 3 months training them just for them to fail when you decide to make them permanent. Drug test corporate employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vp of maintenance

Vice President of Maintenance (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood benefit package and compensation

ConsCut throat management. No life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of what is promised and get it in writing

Worst Experience of My Career

RN Supervisor (Former Employee) Clinton, MS

ProsThe client population and their families are the best part of the job.

ConsNon Supportive administration. Micromanaging. Unrealistic expectations. Superfluous unneeded paperwork. No respect for chain of command. Archaic work systems without computers, or modern equipment. Was like hunting for treasure to find items as mundane as stethescopes, BP cuffs, etc. CNA staff was having to go out and buy their own equipment. Extremely duplicitous
    management style from executive director.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and support your supervisory staff

A demeaning, awful experience.

MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

Prosa pay check every two weeks no more and no less

ConsWell lets start with how they treat their employees: demeaning, demanding and unrealistic work loads. Insurance that nobody can afford my co pay went up to 1,200/pay period... Corporate idiots who do not communicate but bark orders do this do that,, only to change it all the next week.. one person said "THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY AND NOT ENOUGH DAYS IN THE WEEK TO DO WHAT YOU EXPECT US TO DO." Do you like a corporate person swatting you on the head?? Thats what happened to me! Do you like getting threatening daily emails??? As to the residents, well our company provided free hair cuts and sets.. Under Covenant Dove the poor old resident are required to PAY.. Do you like unhappy uncared for residents?? Unhappy family members? Thats what COVENANT DOVE is all about!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat people with respect.. then stop promoting your Christian views and ethics when YOU HAVE NONE!!!!! OH and when 30 MDS Coordinators quit dontcha think HELLO?? Whats going on???

Traumatic, a real takeover.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Piedmont, SC

ProsThe staff at my facility are wonderful

ConsThey bought up our facilities because they liked how we did things but then changed it. Thye did not give us useful instruction then expected the jobs to be done right. They provided up with outdated orientation materials and made us sign paperwork we did not have time to read if we wanted to keep our jobs. They gave us outdated software and tools and expected productivity. They have replaced it with a revamped and time consuming software program that takes a half hour to do a note. They have let us know recently that we will now have to fill out new hire paperwork and will be working for a contract company that is notorius for insisting on unethical practices if you want to keep your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fairly, provide good benefits to all, allow for clinical judgement and do away with the useless time consuming reports that do not add to patient care.

Just a job

ProsThe department head team is wonderful. Everyone is very supportive of each other and open to ideas and suggestions to get things done as a team.

ConsIt is frowned upon to take holidays off. There may not be work/life balance. There is little praise for the positives from upper management, but there is often critism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment should praise the team more and allow for more flexible scheduling.

Worked for Covenant Dove? Contribute to the Community!