Covenant Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tony Spezia

Great Company,

ProsLove the staff and management, great opportunities for new grads

ConsPay is lower than some bigger cities

Positive experience

Proscontinuous commitment to maintaining and improving quality; manager works diligently to assure adequate staffing; good educational opportunities in terms of corporate learning department; people are nice and helpful

Conscompensation for support staff is low in relation to the responsibilities they have; company sometimes makes decisions that don't seem to be well thought out;

Advice to Senior Managementexplain changes in advance of making them

First job out of school, learned a great deal while working there.

CT Tech (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsLow pay and high volume

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uncomfortable first few years with Covenant. Much better after facility transfer into hospital setting.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsFellow employees are generally caring, reliable and great people to work with. Company appears to be stable, with no fear of impending job losses.

ConsManagement skills of some in leadership positions is questionable. Equipment is sometimes dated and well-used. Salary is below norm and does not adequately reflect higher educational levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate importance of and compensation for employees who are not doctors or nurses. Hospitals cannot run well without qualified support staff. Thank you for pre-employment background checks and for hiring (mostly) educated and trustworthy staff members.

Good place to work, great people but the company is extremely slow at making decisions.

Respiratory Technologists (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsPay, people, benefits. friendly and care of patients.

ConsMost times the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Lots of promises that never come true.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep us all informed and try to move fast making decisions. Most of the time we get told that this or that is going to happen and it never happens.

Always wondered the meaning behind the "Shame on Covenant Health" signs - wouldnt want to be a patient

Transcription (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

Prosgreat co-workers - this place used to be a great place to work

ConsThey hire alot of family which means - if they want your hours, they get them. Watch your paycheck and your vacation hours - they seem to come up short. They like to hire students at less money and keep a few seniors to pick up the slack.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou deserve for a UNION to come rock your world LOL!!!!

They didn't listen to their employees.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe benefits were good. Pay was comparable to other hospitals in the area. I liked my patients and most of my job duties.

ConsManagement did not listen to their employees needs or concerns for patient care. It was difficult to speak to anyone above you about any problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on patient care and less on meeting certain numbers or goals. Also pay attention to your employees' concerns about patient care, they are the ones working with them daily.

read between the lines-not all policies apply

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

Prosmost of your co-workers are genuinely good people. pay scale can be satisfactory. physician and nursing staff are well-educated. medical staff has great ability to move around within the company. you won't get canned when you near retirement age.

Conssome co-workers will take advantage if they have a position of authority. pay scale is typically low. employees who have worked there a long time may less educated than newer, lower-paid employees; be careful-you could get stuck in a dead-end job.

Advice to Senior Managementclean house. some people that you trust may not be who you think they are. pay the people who actually do the work a decent wage.

Great for a while but they will can you in a minute with no warning.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsGood Benefits. Alot of opportunities for moving around within the company. Diversity.

ConsYour life is there life

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off you high horse

Worked for Covenant Health? Contribute to the Community!