Covenant Services

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael P. Murray

They are a fair company to work for.

Tso (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe pay is a bonus. There are opportunities available to those who wish to advance in the company.

ConsThere are few morale incentives. The employees do not feel appreciated. This causes them to have less patience with the general public.
    Everyone must pay for their own daily parking.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentives really do help the employees strive to be better. When an employee is verbally recognized by their supervisor and management in front of their peers, the acknowledgement encourages both the recognized employee and the other employees to be more conscientious.

Transportation Security Officer

Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe only pro about this company is that they are willingly to take anyone that has a clean record and that is able to pass their tests.

ConsThis list applies to SFO only:
    1) Expensive Employee Parking
    2) Low Employee Morale
    3) Salary is way too low for the Bay Area
    4) Work Schedule
    5) The work training is a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole system at San Francisco International is broken. You need to fix employee morale ASAP.

great pay, but stressful as hell

Tso (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe pay is great as a job. You get to meet people from all walks of life. If you are a people person you will love this job.

ConsThe office politics, the co-workers and mangers make the job harder than it has to be. Everyone you have to worry about getting fire. It is a very stressful job, it is not a very good career.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about making yourself good, and care more about you worker/ grunts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No upward mobility

Security Guard (Current Employee) Coopersburg, PA

ProsFlexible and a joke of a job.

ConsPay is terrible. How can a company expect an employee to pay bills with such a horrible pay and no upward mobility in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of training. No education. Reevaluate your management team.

Non Customer Service

Passenger Screening Officer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosinteracting with different types of people in a very busy atmosphere, working with a variety of people at any given time and learning different functions hands on.

ConsBeing rushed to do a job that sometimes should be more detail oriented and taken more seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the skill set of your employees and really value the hard workers that you have who actually work.

Hated this place! Worst place to work.

Security Guard (Former Employee) York Haven, PA

ProsAbsolutely nothing. It sucks! Unfair, hypocritical, unprofessional, discriminate

ConsEverything, worst place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementFire them. Totally corrupt!

Make sure you have a lawyer before working here!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay for someone with no experience.

ConsCovenant use to pay well with benefits when the company was young. Now there is nothing but cuts to save money so the uppers can pocket the rest. The pay is unfair for the work that is done. The pay differences for screener, leads, and supervisors are out of line as in the higher pay you do less. The raises are a joke and so is the Union behind it. Company is very unfair with a lot of work issues and make sure you hire a lawyer to fight against the clowns that are in HR and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and they will do the same for you.

It's a paycheck....

Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsGood Pay, Great Benefits, Pretty Easy Work. It's like working for the TSA, except it was a private company under federal contract.

ConsRude airline passengers, fear of losing job for failing audits, ALWAYS BEING AUDITED. Limited room for advancement. The company is private and the union representing the workforce BLOWS!

This company is pure garbage!

Security (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOnly if you can't find anything else, other the that don't waste your time.

ConsThey don't pay for holidays, they force you to use your PTO when you call off so you can't go
    On vacation when you want to because you have no paid time off! An management is horrible!
    Just all around bad company

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck on lower management! An then you will see you'll need new management.

Opened some doors of opportunity

Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

ProsMy experience provided me a better understanding of how difficult it is to work in airport security.
    I developed respect for those who protect the skies and airports.
    The entry level pay isn't bad, but don't stay longer than 5 years.

ConsThis employer is a private company, which is given government contract money in order to operate.
    Because of this, there is a lot of unnecessary politics and pressure on employees to perform at 100%.
    Anyone is expendable, because they can easily be replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind an alternate means of managing your employees other than utilizing intense micromanagement.

Worked for Covenant Services? Contribute to the Community!