Coventry First

Add Photos

Alan H. Buerger

Great Place to Start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a great company to start at after your college career. Great place to get your feet wet in the "real world". Wide variety of jobs from finance to contacts to sales.

ConsThere really isn't a ladder to climb. Any moves in the company will most likely be lateral with no bonus or raise. Company does not offer a lot of incentives to succeed and push yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider pushing out some of the management who are bored and tired of working there anyways. There are a lot of newer employees who have great ideas and the drive that is lacking in current management. The company would do a lot better with some fresh blood.

Management is no good!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, good pay, raises, paid holidays, fmla

Consmanagement play favorites, they don't help you grow with in the company, micro-manage, director doesn't know your name.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone fairly

Good place to start; not to stay. Great for people who want to do little work and coast along.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsPeople are nice, job is extremely simple, benefits are great.

ConsDull location--small town with nothing around; pay is way below market value--the benefits, though great, don't come close to making up for it; job isn't intellectually stimulating--anyone can do it; nepotism; no sponsorship or reimbursement of any kind for exams, certifications, schooling, etc. Around half the people got laid off or left (including myself) in the past couple of years; Owners are greedy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dull, boring place to work but does offer security and little stress

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsMost of the time, the workload was very low. You can easily coast by if that's your thing. I don't recall anyone being fired for poor performance in the 2+ years I worked there, and there were definitely people who put in little to no effort. They also have tickets to a lot of sporting events that they regularly let the employees take. The health insurance plan was also very good.

ConsThe actual work is dull and repetitive. It's literally the same thing every day. The pay is low and so are annual raises - if you even get one. Opportunity for advancement is null for 95% of the people there. Many of the management policies are needlessly strict (i.e. every employee's hours are 8:30-5:30 with a 1 hr lunch, no exceptions. all semi-interesting websites are blocked. no casual dress days except for special occassions, etc.).

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, they can read the cons list if they care, but I can't really blame them if they don't care. They've made an obscene amount of money and the grunt workers can be replaced easily enough. No real need to treat them better or give any more of your money to them.

Good Place to start a career

Associate Contract Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsIf you are a Philadelphia Sports fan, the company has suites in all of the Philly stadiums and regularly distribute tickets

ConsVery little room for advancement. It is a very nepotistic company

Above average workplace

Customer Service (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGreat teamplayers. Spot awards. Great benefits and pto training constant so your in the loop

ConsNot too much in raises. Hard to advance from starting position unless you hit it lucky or are well liked by someone same people picked over and over for employees of the month!

Advice to Senior ManagementAll your employees have strong points in one area or another and they should be recognized for their efforts! Raises shouldn't be overlooked if an employee has contributed to your company

No opportunity, low pay, nice benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscoworkers all very nice, the benefits and perks were very good, low level of stress, workload never more than you can handle

Consopportunity for advancement is little to none. pay is not what it should be, and quality work is not rewarded, nor is poor work punished

Advice to Senior Managementpeople exist below you. act like you know that. treat them with respect, communicate with them, appreciate what they do

good

Regional (Current Employee)

Prosemployees, staff, people, co workers

Conslocation is not desirable to public transport

Advice to Senior Managementgrowth

Worked for Coventry First? Contribute to the Community!