Coventry Health Care

www.coventryhealthcare.com

Coventry Health Care Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • The flexibility of a work from home position as well ass the income potential(in 22 reviews)

• Good work life balance for staff lucky to be chosen for the Hoteling program(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No regard for work-life balance; particularly poor health benefits since Aetna acquisition(in 11 reviews)

• I see co workers in other areas struggling due to poor management, no work life balance and poor training(in 7 reviews)

Pleasurable experience but the technology was outdated.

Analyst (Former Employee)

Pros- Good relationships with people
    - Was able to manage my own time
    - Laid back

Cons- Outdated IT
    - No great resources to coaching or opportunities for advancement
    - If there were resources available, they weren't easily available.

excellent work environment excellent benefits

Data Entry Operator Claims Tech Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosexcellent benefits able to move up fast in company

Consthe company as down sized some jobs have gone to India

Sinking Ship

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Moon Township, PA

ProsI have been work at home for almost 5 years and kept myself out of the drama. At home is the only reason I stay

ConsBullying mentality with sups, vengeful behavior, lots of belittling the staff. Sups require everyone on the team CC her on any and all questions which causes team to suffer neurotic behavior and fear of bullying replies when sup thinks questions are "stupid." The co. has been bought out by Aetna and they have started the lay offs in Moon. I am sure more to follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in A/R in Moon Township is very, very weak. They have thrown good sups under the bus for their own skins and they do not listen to line employees, even when one after another complain and practically beg for help against a tyrannical sup

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Individual Medical Insurance Underwriter

Individual Medical Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsLocation; Work from home option; reasonable pay

ConsInsurance benefits; Facility not updated; Too many reserved parking spaces

Coventry Health care is a great place to work at if your independently.

Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe pay if fair. the environment is excellent.

Consnot enough breaks or having more then 30 minute lunch

Advice to Senior Managementalways be ready when a new change is in place for the system.

Hurry up and wait

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat hours, they don't micro manage. not to more more to say.

ConsNo training, horrible work space. office culture is very petty and nit picky

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease train your employees prepare them to do the job you hired them to do.

Positive experience as the company is very work/life balance friendly.

Project Consultant (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWork/life balance is a positive and flexible work hours plus tele-working.

ConsApplications are very antiquated, the employee technology is not sufficient to function efficiently, very silo organization with a spectrum of management from styles from micro managers to empowering managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has way too many managers, directors and vice presidents, especially in information technology. Corporate management needs to invest in the employees doing the work and the cut out the expenses associated with all of the management overhead.

A jumbled mess of chaotic unorganized management failures that have a direct negative impact on employees.

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsThe employees are nice enough considering the laughable management structure. Never have I been around people who thought they were so important but more clueless then anything.

ConsCSO is all I can speak for... the employees are treated like CRAP which explains the high turnover rate and what basically boils down to a new supervisor EVERY YEAR....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe part of the solution not part of the problem

Long Hours , Benefit package for Coventry took very poor

RN - Review (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsWell staffed with nurse case managers

ConsThe management encourages competetion among staff members

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be benefical to do some team building activity

Mixed emotions with Coventry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsMy co-workers are awesome. We are like a family and help each other out with issues and educate on another.

ConsDevelopment or Training is not where it should be for this company. There is lack of direction for upper senior managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with employees

Worked for Coventry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!