Coventry Health Care

www.coventryhealthcare.com

Coventry Health Care Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • The flexibility of a work from home position as well ass the income potential (in 22 reviews)

• Good work life balance for staff lucky to be chosen for the Hoteling program (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No regard for work-life balance; particularly poor health benefits since Aetna acquisition (in 11 reviews)

• I see co workers in other areas struggling due to poor management, no work life balance and poor training (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Conservative organization with stringent employee guidelines.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe org structure made sense. Local management who I partnered with had integrity, were fair, and truly had the best interest of the employee and the organization in mind. I enjoyed working there in my role.

ConsThe policies of the organization were rigid. It didn't give management very much discretion to use judgement in any special circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little bit of flexibility goes along way in earning employee engagement.

I enjoyed my time working for/with Coventry prior to Aetna acquisition. My comments and ratings are for Coventry.

Management (Former Employee)

ProsCoventry had good medical and dental benefits; budgeted overall company finances well; executive leaders actually listened and responded to senior leadership who represented each department; open and accepting to the need to change and grow.

ConsCoventry could be too slow moving in a very fast paced industry; not all departments were created equally; overly efficient with employee:task resulting in overall poor performance/results delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoventry senior leadership should have been monitored more closely with respect to performance, delivery of 'honest' results and use of finances. Additionally, efficiencies being made in Coventry did not allow for success on critical projects and even day-to-day tasks (too few people to do the job). Sourcing out is not of great value anymore on a number of levels and what saves cost now, will hit the bottom line in the future in many ways. With Aetna - it will serve you well to remember the motto 'The Aetna Way'. Aetna needs to scale back the showboating/PR and start practicing what they claim are their values. If you haven't worked for Aetna for 10+ years, you don't belong. I have seen so many efficiencies that can be made in such a short time. They are not a good fit for me. My survey results are for Coventry with the exception of Mark Bertonlini review.

Coventry is Aetna--all hail our new overlords

Senior Director (Current Employee)

ProsGood salaries. Now through Aetna, good work/life programs. Benefits are okay.

ConsCoventry's corporate culture was horrible. Each person was hit with the work of three and you either sank or swam. The politics are soap-opera-worthy. One person who was fired along with the entire department for almost getting the federally contracted product operations shut down because of compliance violations has been quietly rehired by her long-time friend in a leadership position.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the people who actually do the work. Saving a penny here and there to make the bottom line look good doesn't even out when you have to spend hundreds of thousands to rehire positions when people burn out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a very rewarding opportunity to be part of the medical industry

Provider Systems Information Specialist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsVery professional setting. Working with staff constantly updating provider database network.

ConsMaintaing providers as part of our network and recruiting and contracting new ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more intermittent training.

Associate Customer Communications Specialist

Associate Customer Communications Specialist (Former Employee) Cranberry Township, PA

ProsThe people are GREAT. Decent benefits.

ConsThe job is HORRIBLE, at least it was, for me. Absolutely no down time, call after call after call of having to tell people why their insurance wasn't going to pay for something.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the folks in management are nice, but some are truly truly clueless.

Very satisfying experience working for this company.

Utilization Review (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsGreat group of people to work with. Manager was very understanding and was all about improving her employees.

ConsNo flexible start work times and also no available overtime work.

It was a great experience, they are a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company culture. Great people to work with. Super company.

ConsThey laid me off the consolidate our group in Harrisburg PA.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees they are your best asset.

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSome states had good health insurance coverage, but only the companies Coventry acquired.

ConsMedical insurance does not cover anything. Coventry is known for not paying claims or not covering anything. Many doctors do not want to care for patients who have Coventry Insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay claims and offer coverage that other companies offer.

This was the most selfish, unorganized, unprofessional company I have ever worked for.

Customer Service Associate Medicaid (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe only pro was that employees had weekends off.

ConsWork life balance, inconsiderate supervisors, no felexibility, low pay, little room for growth, highest turnover rate on all levels I have ever seen in a company

Advice to Senior ManagementObtain some managers that can actually manage and lead. Stop trying to be friends with the employees in orfer tro gain respect from them, and treat everyone with the same respect

Various positions within WC Services over 20+ years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsWork with an outstanding team of co-workers

ConsNo regard for work-life balance; particularly poor health benefits since Aetna acquisition

Worked for Coventry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!