Coventry Health Care

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
3.1

Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • The flexibility of a work from home position as well ass the income potential (in 22 reviews)

• Good work life balance for staff lucky to be chosen for the Hoteling program (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No regard for work-life balance; particularly poor health benefits since Aetna acquisition (in 11 reviews)

• I see co workers in other areas struggling due to poor management, no work life balance and poor training (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Coventry Health Care for more than 8 years

Pros

great place to work absolutely wonderful collegues

Cons

in west sacramento the commute

great management

Great Experience

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging position that offers opportunities for personal and professional growth

Cons

Industry changes which affect the business. Keeping up with the laws effecting the business

Some managers demonstrate micro management, which indicates that the manager require skill development so they can coach their team to work independently and develop their skills so they are empowered to use good judgment and make informed decisions.

PSIS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Coventry Health Care for more than 5 years

Pros

They just asked me all about my resume

Cons

They have a high turn over rate

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid Employer

Former Employee - Manager  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits were above average,they kept changing some of them to make their selves more appetizing for an acquisition or merger

Cons

Bought by Aetna was pretty much the nail in the coffin for a chance of the whole company succeeding. Having an almost 70 something year old CEO . It was pretty apparent the company was on the sales block.

Direction of the company after Aetna acquisition was not good.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

No opportunity to grow and not fully merged with Aetna.

It was a great working for Coventry Healthcare Group. Would work there again.

Current Employee - ADMINISTRAATIVE ASSISTANT/DATA ENTRY  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ADMINISTRAATIVE ASSISTANT/DATA ENTRY in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coventry Health Care as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Management was very helpful and kind. The was great!!

Cons

There's also personal growth at this company.

Very fear and layed back.

I enjoyed my time working for/with Coventry prior to Aetna acquisition. My comments and ratings are for Coventry.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coventry had good medical and dental benefits; budgeted overall company finances well; executive leaders actually listened and responded to senior leadership who represented each department; open and accepting to the need to change and grow.

Cons

Coventry could be too slow moving in a very fast paced industry; not all departments were created equally; overly efficient with employee:task resulting in overall poor performance/results delivery.

Coventry senior leadership should have been monitored more closely with respect to performance, delivery of 'honest' results and use of finances. Additionally, efficiencies being made in Coventry did not allow for success on critical projects and even day-to-day tasks (too few people to do the job). Sourcing out is not of great value anymore on a number of levels and what saves cost now, will hit the bottom line in the future in many ways. With Aetna - it will serve you well to remember the motto 'The Aetna Way'. Aetna needs to scale back the showboating/PR and start practicing what they claim are their values. If you haven't worked for Aetna for 10+ years, you don't belong. I have seen so many efficiencies that can be made in such a short time. They are not a good fit for me. My survey results are for Coventry with the exception of Mark Bertonlini review.

Don't bother unless you like being lied to behind your back

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

None., I don't have any because there are no pros.

Cons

Just one. I was a new hire, and went for a week of training. The training I got there was not much to talk about at all. When Friday came, I was advised by my trainer that you will begin on your own on Monday and have a nice weekend. The trains something er lied behind my back saying I was not progressing well. The trainer never ever told me anything. The trainer is a liar. It's too bad this place lost a hard working individual by petty stupid things.

I am not someone who will talk negative about any company at all. However there is a significant area that Coventry in Freehold needs to get addressed ASAP, no other new hires don't go through what I had to go through it's not fair and most important, it is very unprofessional by all means.. First, get a new trainer, a trainer who knows how to train, communicate, also has the ability to address any issues that may arise in a new hire class and fix those issues and not ignore them and tell people how they are doing with a more professional attitude, and not lie to the new hires.

Coventry is Aetna--all hail our new overlords

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salaries. Now through Aetna, good work/life programs. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Coventry's corporate culture was horrible. Each person was hit with the work of three and you either sank or swam. The politics are soap-opera-worthy. One person who was fired along with the entire department for almost getting the federally contracted product operations shut down because of compliance violations has been quietly rehired by her long-time friend in a leadership position.

Respect the people who actually do the work. Saving a penny here and there to make the bottom line look good doesn't even out when you have to spend hundreds of thousands to rehire positions when people burn out.

Conservative organization with stringent employee guidelines.

I worked at Coventry Health Care

Pros

The org structure made sense. Local management who I partnered with had integrity, were fair, and truly had the best interest of the employee and the organization in mind. I enjoyed working there in my role.

Cons

The policies of the organization were rigid. It didn't give management very much discretion to use judgement in any special circumstances.

A little bit of flexibility goes along way in earning employee engagement.

Coventry Health Care Photos

The building
Office

+ Add Photo

Worked for Coventry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!