Coventry Health Care Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Sigh....

I worked at Coventry Health Care

Pros

Thers is great pay and benefits

Cons

No help from upper management

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees.

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Case Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

No opportunity to grow and not fully merged with Aetna.

Solid Employer

Former Employee - Manager in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were above average,they kept changing some of them to make their selves more appetizing for an acquisition or merger

Cons

Bought by Aetna was pretty much the nail in the coffin for a chance of the whole company succeeding. Having an almost 70 something year old CEO . It was pretty apparent the company was on the sales block.

Advice to Management

Direction of the company after Aetna acquisition was not good.

5. Conservative organization with stringent employee guidelines.

I worked at Coventry Health Care

Pros

The org structure made sense. Local management who I partnered with had integrity, were fair, and truly had the best interest of the employee and the organization in mind. I enjoyed working there in my role.

Cons

The policies of the organization were rigid. It didn't give management very much discretion to use judgement in any special circumstances.

Advice to Management

A little bit of flexibility goes along way in earning employee engagement.

6. Don't bother unless you like being lied to behind your back

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None., I don't have any because there are no pros.

Cons

Just one. I was a new hire, and went for a week of training. The training I got there was not much to talk about at all. When Friday came, I was advised by my trainer that you will begin on your own on Monday and have a nice weekend. The trains something er lied behind my back saying I was not progressing well. The trainer never ever told me anything. The trainer is a liar. It's too bad this place lost a hard working individual by petty stupid things.

Advice to Management

I am not someone who will talk negative about any company at all. However there is a significant area that Coventry in Freehold needs to get addressed ASAP, no other new hires don't go through what I had to go through it's not fair and most important, it is very unprofessional by all means.. First, get a new trainer, a trainer who knows how to train, communicate, also has the ability to address any issues that may arise in a new hire class and fix those issues and not ignore them and tell people how they are doing with a more professional attitude, and not lie to the new hires.

I enjoyed my time working for/with Coventry prior to Aetna acquisition. My comments and ratings are for Coventry.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coventry had good medical and dental benefits; budgeted overall company finances well; executive leaders actually listened and responded to senior leadership who represented each department; open and accepting to the need to change and grow.

Cons

Coventry could be too slow moving in a very fast paced industry; not all departments were created equally; overly efficient with employee:task resulting in overall poor performance/results delivery.

Advice to Management

Coventry senior leadership should have been monitored more closely with respect to performance, delivery of 'honest' results and use of finances. Additionally, efficiencies being made in Coventry did not allow for success on critical projects and even day-to-day tasks (too few people to do the job). Sourcing out is not of great value anymore on a number of levels and what saves cost now, will hit the bottom line in the future in many ways. With Aetna - it will serve you well to remember the motto 'The Aetna Way'. Aetna needs to scale back the showboating/PR and start practicing what they claim are their values. If you haven't worked for Aetna for 10+ years, you don't belong. I have seen so many efficiencies that can be made in such a short time. They are not a good fit for me. My survey results are for Coventry with the exception of Mark Bertonlini review.

Coventry is Aetna--all hail our new overlords

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salaries. Now through Aetna, good work/life programs. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Coventry's corporate culture was horrible. Each person was hit with the work of three and you either sank or swam. The politics are soap-opera-worthy. One person who was fired along with the entire department for almost getting the federally contracted product operations shut down because of compliance violations has been quietly rehired by her long-time friend in a leadership position.

Advice to Management

Respect the people who actually do the work. Saving a penny here and there to make the bottom line look good doesn't even out when you have to spend hundreds of thousands to rehire positions when people burn out.

9. It was a very rewarding opportunity to be part of the medical industry

Former Employee - Provider Systems Information Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Provider Systems Information Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very professional setting. Working with staff constantly updating provider database network.

Cons

Maintaing providers as part of our network and recruiting and contracting new ones.

Advice to Management

Offer more intermittent training.

Associate Customer Communications Specialist

Former Employee - Associate Customer Communications Specialist in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are GREAT. Decent benefits.

Cons

The job is HORRIBLE, at least it was, for me. Absolutely no down time, call after call after call of having to tell people why their insurance wasn't going to pay for something.

Advice to Management

Most of the folks in management are nice, but some are truly truly clueless.

11. Very satisfying experience working for this company.

Former Employee - Utilization Review in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Utilization Review in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Manager was very understanding and was all about improving her employees.

Cons

No flexible start work times and also no available overtime work.

RSS Feed </> Embed