Coverall

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.4

Rick Ascolese

A step stone in the right direction.

Current Employee - OSC
    Current Employee - OSC

I have been working at Coverall full-time

Pros

I like Coverall for a couple of different reasons. One, as an outside sales consultant it honesty is a decent paycheck. Two, the fact that you work a steady schedule and Three because the commissions are realistic.

The company values are pretty standard in my opinion nothing crazy and no over the top hype.

The office culture varies differently depending on the local office so I cant say its a pro, however in my office the environment is chill but shady on the low.

The independence as an outside salesperson is ok, yeah you're tracked but I get it whatever...

The commissions are super realistic but the process to get accounts closed can be very stressful if not carefully planned.

Cons

The high stress of working a B2B sales job is very present at coverall. I don't think that those on the upper management REALLY gets what its like on a local level. Especially how the high demands effect lower level management to team member communication.

I give them credit for reacting swiftly to reasonable requests however the execution of the solution is always lackluster.

The IT department is also below par, both in follow up time and in results driven strategies.

I think its important to take a look at the employee benefits package an come up with a wellness program that allows free gym memberships to help employees relive stress.

I also think it would be beneficial to require that salespersons attend a NATIONAL sales expo with public speakers and team building programs etc. this should be a two week educational venture with our top suppliers of the equipment the F/Os use to clean the accounts with cleaning demos and product knowledge. there should also be mini seminars for specialized sales an example would be, if you really want to be an expert on Barbershops there would a seminar for that, or pet stores.

I also hate that sales managers are outside hires...who does that? if you are experienced with 2+ yrs why cant you run a sales team...but clearly that's none of my business.

Currently Employed in Outside Sales

I have been working at Coverall

Pros

This job is a great stepping stone between being in sales and getting into a true outside/B2B sales role. I have gained a lot of experience in knowledge, however, it is still in the service industry and you are rarely a priority to the customer. If you can deal with knowing you are not on the top of their list, being told "no" and treated like you are lesser than, you will be okay. You will not make "75K" your first year--so please do not choose this job based on some of the BS claims they make to lure you in. It takes a solid 3-6 months to be fully on board, and you would have to work like a dog to make 40K in commissions in half a year. Average account sizes hover from a couple hundred bucks to up to $600 in some markets.

Cons

The operations side of the establishment is okay--they can either help you or hurt you. If they drop the ball on a customer, it means money coming out of your pocket. It has happened to everyone at least once, and it sucks. However, they can teach you a lot, if you care to learn the ins and outs of janitorial services and products. Coverall is micro-managing (and tracking) its employees more than ever, trying to weasel as much money as they can back into their pockets and out of yours. There are no company credit cards and getting reimbursed can take a few weeks.

Focus on driving the success of inside sales as much as you do outside sales and give the outside sales team some breaks. Everyone has their own selling style and approach--they'll either work out or they won't. But forcing someone to sell a certain way does not guarantee success.

Great entry lever sales job

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at Coverall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

lots of training and help from management. Management makes money when you do well so they put the time and money into training you.

Cons

only a few inside sales reps, so the outside reps had to do a lot of phone calls just to find their own appointments.

keep up the training and working with the new hires. make sure they have some set appointments to keep their confidence up.

Administrative Coordinator

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Columbia, MD

I worked at Coverall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers
    Allowed to be self-manage

Cons

Underpaid for all the work done
    Poor training

Office co-workers great, upper management leaves a lot to be desired

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Coverall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, decent pay, and decent benefits. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Upper Management looking just to squeeze every last piece of blood from employees and franchise owners. Not interested in anything else but the bottom line.

Take care of your employees and Franchise Owners and bottom line will take care of its self. The way it's heading turnover will continue to be high.

Great company

I worked at Coverall

Pros

The company is well organized and looks out for employees

Cons

Management team is a little difficult to reach

Nothing

Doing the right things but it takes time

I have been working at Coverall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is doing the right things, but it's taking time to make an impact. All employees were asked to give input to 2015 planning, which is also good. I like the culture and values. I feel comfortable working there.

Cons

Lots of work to be done so many of us wear multiple hats all the time. Health benefits aren't what they used to be but might be similar to other companies. Some new field management so they are still learning the ropes.

Keep listening to the people in the field. Sometimes the best changes are the simple ones.

Accommodating and thoughtful of their empoloyees

Former Employee - Commercial Cleaner in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Commercial Cleaner in Orlando, FL

I worked at Coverall as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of training, good pay.

Cons

Must be dedicated and willing to improve.

The company should review and update their address and contact information, as well as adding map and directions to the headquarters building.

Great company offering the right tools to succeed

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Coverall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Coverall (NGT) as a Marketing Consultant in the Baltimore office for a couple years now and I would highly recommend this position to anyone looking to get into sales or continue their career as a sales rep. Coverall is a great company to work for from the training, team atmosphere, uncapped commission potential, protected territory, and benefits. Anyone looking to get into this position must be driven and highly motivated.

One thing I love is that the executive staff is always open to implementing new ideas from staff members that will improve processes within the company. There is great growth potential as well, if you are serious about wanting to progress within the company. They will set you up with the right tools, expertise, and training to ensure professional development. Coverall equips each new rep with a plan to succeed and the best part is that you’re selling a service that everyone needs!

Cons

You have to be motivated because it takes time to build your database but once you do the hard work pays off

High turn around for sales and operations and corporate doesn't care

Current Employee - Sales and Operations
    Current Employee - Sales and Operations

I have been working at Coverall full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've come close to the people I work with. We work as a family, it's just sad to see that corporate doesn't see how hard we all work, and how little pay/rewards we've gotten over the years. it's really sad where the company has gone to in the past 6 years. To make up for this, we try to pick each other up on our bad days and just support one another when we can. Good product

Cons

Corporate does not value the good people that work for this company...how much work, time, energy, and passion we put into our jobs. No raises in 6+ years is hard, not just us but for our families. And through it all comes more and more work and responsibilities. The employees don't have much motivation left after being beat down so much over the years with all the multiple pay cuts. Some of us have to work 2-3x as hard just to make the money we used to make. That's why they have high turnover and that's probably why more than 3/4th of their sales staff are fresh new graduates who don't know a thing about working for a company and getting what they're worth. (I see where that works out for coverall, and the process will probably be repeated over and over) Those numbers will probably diminish within a year when the sales people realize the amount of work they're doing vs. their salary and comp plan is a joke compared to what other janitorial companies pay their outside sales teams. All this has been voiced many times to corporate and do they care? No. Do they value their employees? No. Do they care that they might lose a good employee? No. Do they care that no one has gotten a raise in 6+ years? No. They just don't care.

You know what to do!