Covidien

Covidien Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Covidien Chairman of the Board, President and CEO José E. Almeida

José E. Almeida

Pros
  • Strong performance, brand recognition (good resume builder) and work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Competitive pay and excellent bonus system with good benefits (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • More with less initiatives driving 1 person for 2 jobs making for a low work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• There are some great people who work here but upper management sets a bad tone for the company (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Learning experience

Logistics Planner (Current Employee)

ProsSummer Hours, great for people who want to excel and learn

ConsPolitical atmosphere not supportive of a team work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be more team oriented atmosphere.

Covidien customer service intern

Unengaging
    Down sizing the department
    Slow system

overall very good

ProsThey are very good to their employees

Conswork life balance not as good in recent months

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work if you have the stamina.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsGreat people, great products. Definitely not the worst place I've worked. Decent pay.

ConsToo much work and not enough people to do it. The work would be rewarding if there was more time to do it. Too many meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to pursue some kind of corporate program or reward try focusing on winning "Best place to work" it would go a lot further than all of the initiatives that are chased.

Covidien is a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Commerce, TX

ProsCovidien has good benefits that include medical, dental, 401k matching, and bonuses.

ConsThe challenges of working at Covidien are simple meaning that you have to follow the leadership and make good employee contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome back to Texas!

Great Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe team of people there work great together and help each other out. There is a sense of urgency, but no unnecessary pressures. It is a great atmosphere to work in. Great health benefits as well.

ConsSalaries are a little lower than other companies, but the atmosphere makes up for it.

It's ok

Director (Current Employee) Mansfield, MA

ProsOverall good industry to be in- even with all the gov't concern over healthcare cost

Conslack of overall direction, pressure on healthcare industry

Advice to Senior Managementpick a strategy and stick to it.

Great place to work

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsLearned of lot in my discipline.

ConsVery political atmopshere going all the way to VPs.

Overall, Covidien is a good company that has a positive impact on people's lives.

Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsAs a medical device company, it feels good to work with products that are involved with making lives better. A lot of good people with good ideas. Flexible work/life balance, good benefits and creative people.

ConsThe typical large company bureaucracy and politics. Progress often moves at a glacial pace. More communication is needed between LT and regular staff. Efforts are made to elude to a culture shift, but evidence is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrive for better alignment to tie all marketing efforts together. A CMO would be good.

Excellent products overshadowed by poor company culture and lack of consistent direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Haven, CT

Prosfriendly sales people, good training opportunities, good benefits, strong product portfolio

Conshighly political corporate environment, overt discrimination, lack of career advancement opportunities for women

Advice to Senior ManagementShed some of the layers of beauracracy, implement metrics to ensure goals for diversity in the workforce are actually achieved, be more vigilant of members of management with reputations for discrimation

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!