Covisint

www.covisint.com

Covisint Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Sam Inman III

Nice company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood company. Work experience depends on what group in the company you work in. Some groups are good with good people and are well organized, while others are not.

ConsLocation. Most employees do not live near downdown detroit and have a long commute.

Should have never gone public

Service Desk (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsNice facility in downtown Detroit. A good place for interns to work.

ConsTechnology outdated, no loyalty to employees. No training, doesn't promote dorm within

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have never gone public

Disconnected Management

Software Architect (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsTop notch technology people and peers.

ConsManagement seems to make decisions in a vacuum. Lack of communication. People not valued despite what they say. Plan on working lots of unpaid overtime.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy I came to Covisint

ProsBeautiful building located in prime real estate in downtown Detroit. Talented and passionate co-workers. Cloud tech company started in 2000 with start-up mentality but also a solid rep. Exposure to all levels in the company. Fast-paced and challenging, great if you're looking to absorb info and grow your career.

ConsGrowing pains after seperation from Compuware...new processes, systems and departments need to be redefined and implemented so things run less like a start-up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, and focus on culture.

Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany great people there. They have great customers in major OEMS and HC and need to strive to retain key customers.

ConsNeed a better culture. Recent layoffs have placed morale at an all time low. The mgmt team needs to figure out how to re-energize the remaining staff or people will give up and leave on their own. What is the vision, no one knows or doesnt communicate from senior mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the customers and the people, if you do that the stock price will reflect it

No home life balance, expect lots of hours of extra work for no wages or appreciation

Software Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsExcellent training for your next job.

ConsNo respect for QA group. No home life balance, work always comes first. Hard to even get vacation time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerrible management in every respect

Hardworking, passionate people with little support from the top.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsPeople are great, cutting edge business challenges, great building to work in. Day to day the work is hard but enjoyable. The facility is great with daycare and a gym in the building. Downtown is also a great place for restaurants and attractions

ConsLeadership is rudderless, non supportive, treat employees like cattle, overworked and not compensated for it. The technology is dated and needs a refresh. Internal development is trying hard to follow procedures but the workforce is leaving in droves.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what it is you want to do. Really look at how many hours your employees work and adjust their work/life balance to help them instead of burning them out.

Fast-paced, highly chaotic, 24 hour job

Sales (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsEnvironment can be flexible, things like not having to take a days sick leave to see a doctor. Three weeks leave is relatively generous.

ConsDon't expect any loyalty if you get laid off, they laid of folks with 8 years of seniority with less than 3 weeks severance. Established Detroit execs have a tendency to shout at employees, highly aggressive. No responsibility taken by anyone, lots of finger-pointing. HR processes are non existent. They expect you to be available at night and over weekends. To many directors and managers. "Old boys" run the company and decision making is often done by hallway conversations. Company can change your job, title, role and manager without consulting you.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on communications downwards, and set realistic market and employee expectations. Find ways to reward outstanding performers.

Worst company I've ever worked for

Vice President (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsIt's a job and it that's about it.

ConsSenior management is CLUELESS. Product is OLD and doesn't work. Very unhappy customers. OKTA does the same thing for half the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new job or learn how to lead by example. The new CEO is just as bad as the old one

20% of employees just got layoff and no future in sight

Anonymous (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

Pros2014 - Most recent Quality director just got let go. No guidance just bully staff around like grade school. Think everything can be done with a magic wand.

ConsThey got rid of most RnD staff. Stocks are below $5 per share. Class action letagation coming.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do everthing they can to keep existing customers.

Worked for Covisint? Contribute to the Community!