Covisint Reviews

New Strategy & Growing Again

Current Employee - Sales  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting to sell a truly disruptive technology. It has been a bumpy ride but new leadership has charted a clear course for success. Great compensation plan. Truly differentiated technology that delivers great value. Strong willingness to change and grow. Supportive colleagues who are really dedicated to making each other successful.

Cons

Some people who have been here a long time are stuck in the past. Lots of process improvement needed. A few departments need better organizational leadership. Internal communications needs work.

The strategy that you have crafted is great. Invest more time really understanding what is going on with the technology teams and set higher expectations.

Dismal

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent and you can work from home depending on who your boss is.

Cons

A rudderless group. No, none, any properly communicated direction. A business pivot. Waiting to be sold. Now a "platform company"? Can't deliver across any vertical. Brought the "team' back together from the original group that blew 300+ million the first time around. People have been here 14 years and had two or three performance reviews - seriously.

Quit.

No Direction

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Downtown, other than that its a job

Cons

Company has no direction, senior leadership doesnt outline clearly the companies goals. To many hands in the cookie jar all around

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. With a new exec team in place, the company strategy has been more clearly articulated in monthly Town Hall meetings where employees are encouraged to ask questions and ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No what you know/who you know. High Stress.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home.
    Good Benefits.
    Downtown Detroit a fun place to work.
    Smart people in the ranks (architects, developers, Quality Assurance, Business Analyst, Delivery Managers.)

Cons

cronyism,
    Management has superior attitude towards earning less than them.
    Pay lower than state average.
    Those from India taken advantage of my management from India. (Seems to be a part of why they are in that position.)
    Because of Immigration laws many from India are stuck in jobs that they are being under paid for. (I am not from India I am an American but know many that have the for-mentioned plight)
    Lots of pressure and long hours.

Get rid of the few that you have in upper management that are bringing down the company and making the rest of you look bad.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

We appreciate your feedback and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy having good benefits, the option to work from home or working in our great office in Downtown Detroit. HR has taken an active ... More

Hardworking people, but lack of direction and support from Management.

Current Employee - Architect  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many dedicated and hardworking employees; If you add value, you are easily noticed and respected.
    Inadvertently come across opportunities to learn stress management by managing multiple unstable solutions;
    Option to work from home when needed;

Cons

Very difficult to navigate through and get work done; constantly chasing solutions and addressing fire; minimum to no support from Management.
    Can get promoted in spite of lack of skills if you can socialize with executive management (coffee/lunch breaks, phone chats etc). This is extremely frustrating as work is impacted; others are required to shoulder the task of mitigating negative quality impacts.

HR should review employee performance from within the team and immediate management. Respect and practice "Lessons Learned"

Something very wrong...

Current Employee - Delivery  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have enjoyed the people. Some very smart folks technically.

Cons

Something going badly wrong. Some of my friends in various sales and sales support roles were told again today that the commissions that were supposed to the paid at the end of June won't be paid again, this is the second time. For people dependent on quarterly commissions this is hard. I know of 7 more people who have left, another 25 who are looking. You have to start to worry about what is happening when a company who raised 50 million in an IPO can't pay commissions.

If you agree to pay people for their work, pay them! I am sure that Sam Inmon is not hurting financially.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

The sales team received clear communications about what to expect regarding compensation. This year the sales variable compensation plan was significantly improved in a variety of ways including ... More

Formerly good company is heading downhill.

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great employees. Great product. Great location.

Cons

Too many VPs and Directors. The former upper level management decision making practically ruined this company. Now, the new CEO is making drastic decisions that appear to be to satisfy the stockholders. The employee morale is very low. He has laid off nearly 80 employees. The remaining employees are scared they will lose their jobs. The CEO is planning to move the company from a growing downtown to cut costs. No one appears to care about the employees, now. The way things are going and the moves the CEO is making I would be surprised if this company was still around in a year.

Purge some of upper level management. Start caring more about the employees.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that Covisint has great employees, a great product, and a great location. There have been changes to the former upper level management to help drive us forward ... More

Cold place

I have been working at Covisint

Pros

Overall the compensation package is really good. Lots to learn, if motivated, although the technology is a little dated. The building is wonderful, with Campus Martius just across the street. The gym, day care, laundry, shoe shine, cafeteria are on site which is nice given the hours you will work.

Cons

Bully management makes your job extremely challenging. Expect to work late nights and a lot of weekends. You will have big goals with little support and little respect from management. Don't forget about Detroit city taxes. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you really need a job.

Stop the hero culture and invest in your employees. Work to build a culture of team players that work together.

Delivery Manager

Current Employee - Delivery Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time for more than a year

Pros

The cafeteria has good food. The gym is clean and functional. The building overall is clean. The equipment is somewhat ok.

Cons

Highly dysfunctional leadership. The mentality at Covisint is for middle and senior management to throw everyone under the bus, and then expect those same people to work 24x7. In fact, it's the whole Compuware/Covisint persona that is so passive aggressive.

Remove all of your IT and GDO management, and start over.

Should have never gone public

Former Employee - Service Desk  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Service Desk in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice facility in downtown Detroit. A good place for interns to work.

Cons

Technology outdated, no loyalty to employees. No training, doesn't promote dorm within

Should have never gone public

Worked for Covisint? Contribute to the Community!