Covisint Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.1

Sam Inman III

Technology and delivery group needs work

I have been working at Covisint

Pros

Good people, potential to disrupt huge market if aligned right.

Cons

Lack of leadership in technology and delivery, rough customer satisfaction.

Insert new momentum in technology group, good people waiting there to be led.

work/life balance

Former Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work hours are flexible. Employees can leave early if tasks have been accomplished for the day or if there is another appointment.
    Frequent Work from home days.
    Easy to maintain good relations with co-workers

Cons

No Bonus - No Bonus provided or satisfactory appraisal provided based on performance.
    ill-managed resources- Too many managers with too few resources to manage.
    Knowledge/ skills do not justify position in company - Every other developer with 4 or more years of experience is a Solutions Architect.

There are more managers than dev resources who are shared across multiple projects. For an IT company it should be the other way round.

New Strategy & Growing Again

Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting to sell a truly disruptive technology. It has been a bumpy ride but new leadership has charted a clear course for success. Great compensation plan. Truly differentiated technology that delivers great value. Strong willingness to change and grow. Supportive colleagues who are really dedicated to making each other successful.

Cons

Some people who have been here a long time are stuck in the past. Lots of process improvement needed. A few departments need better organizational leadership. Internal communications needs work.

The strategy that you have crafted is great. Invest more time really understanding what is going on with the technology teams and set higher expectations.

Trust your instincts and run!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the medical insurance/ benefits they offer are actually better then other companies, in terms of price.
    I would say downtown but they are moving out of the city.
    Coworkers are amazing... please note managers are not included in this

Cons

you can never get a straight answer out of anyone in management or leadership... ever. I think mainly because they don't know what they are doing either. They had a huge rift early this summer and since then I think everyone has been worried about their job stability. Whenever it's brought up though it is quickly swept under the rug.

They tell you it's a flexible work environment but that is only for your manager. As in, your manager will work from home 3 days out of the week but still expect you to be in the office everyday. And good luck ever hunting down anyone in HR to answer questions, because I'm pretty sure they all work from home every day!

I'd reconsider moving out of the city, even if it costs more. Also set clear work from home expectations.

Dismal

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent and you can work from home depending on who your boss is.

Cons

A rudderless group. No, none, any properly communicated direction. A business pivot. Waiting to be sold. Now a "platform company"? Can't deliver across any vertical. Brought the "team' back together from the original group that blew 300+ million the first time around. People have been here 14 years and had two or three performance reviews - seriously.

Quit.

No what you know/who you know. High Stress.

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home.
    Good Benefits.
    Downtown Detroit a fun place to work.
    Smart people in the ranks (architects, developers, Quality Assurance, Business Analyst, Delivery Managers.)

Cons

cronyism,
    Management has superior attitude towards earning less than them.
    Pay lower than state average.
    Those from India taken advantage of my management from India. (Seems to be a part of why they are in that position.)
    Because of Immigration laws many from India are stuck in jobs that they are being under paid for. (I am not from India I am an American but know many that have the for-mentioned plight)
    Lots of pressure and long hours.

Get rid of the few that you have in upper management that are bringing down the company and making the rest of you look bad.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

We appreciate your feedback and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy having good benefits, the option to work from home or working in our great office in Downtown Detroit. HR has taken an active ... More

Hardworking people, but lack of direction and support from Management.

Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Architect in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many dedicated and hardworking employees; If you add value, you are easily noticed and respected.
    Inadvertently come across opportunities to learn stress management by managing multiple unstable solutions;
    Option to work from home when needed;

Cons

Very difficult to navigate through and get work done; constantly chasing solutions and addressing fire; minimum to no support from Management.
    Can get promoted in spite of lack of skills if you can socialize with executive management (coffee/lunch breaks, phone chats etc). This is extremely frustrating as work is impacted; others are required to shoulder the task of mitigating negative quality impacts.

HR should review employee performance from within the team and immediate management. Respect and practice "Lessons Learned"

Something very wrong...

Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed the people. Some very smart folks technically.

Cons

Something going badly wrong. Some of my friends in various sales and sales support roles were told again today that the commissions that were supposed to the paid at the end of June won't be paid again, this is the second time. For people dependent on quarterly commissions this is hard. I know of 7 more people who have left, another 25 who are looking. You have to start to worry about what is happening when a company who raised 50 million in an IPO can't pay commissions.

If you agree to pay people for their work, pay them! I am sure that Sam Inmon is not hurting financially.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

The sales team received clear communications about what to expect regarding compensation. This year the sales variable compensation plan was significantly improved in a variety of ways including ... More

No Direction

Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Downtown, other than that its a job

Cons

Company has no direction, senior leadership doesnt outline clearly the companies goals. To many hands in the cookie jar all around

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. With a new exec team in place, the company strategy has been more clearly articulated in monthly Town Hall meetings where employees are encouraged to ask questions and ... More

Formerly good company is heading downhill.

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees. Great product. Great location.

Cons

Too many VPs and Directors. The former upper level management decision making practically ruined this company. Now, the new CEO is making drastic decisions that appear to be to satisfy the stockholders. The employee morale is very low. He has laid off nearly 80 employees. The remaining employees are scared they will lose their jobs. The CEO is planning to move the company from a growing downtown to cut costs. No one appears to care about the employees, now. The way things are going and the moves the CEO is making I would be surprised if this company was still around in a year.

Purge some of upper level management. Start caring more about the employees.

Sep 11, 2014Talent Planning Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that Covisint has great employees, a great product, and a great location. There have been changes to the former upper level management to help drive us forward ... More