Cowan Systems Reviews

1. Fast Paced - Growing Company - Family Atmosphere - Room for Advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cowan Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with a great atmosphere. Never a dull moment. Rewarding, fast-paced environment where those that are truly committed to the success of the company are recognized and rewarded. There is a ton of true talent in every department of our company starting with our drivers on up to our senior leadership. I work operations in our asset division and I can say that from day one it was made clear to me that our drivers are the key to our success. Since then I have done everything that I can to look out for the best interest of my drivers while meeting the needs of the business. If you are a motivated, think outside of the box/just make it happen kind of person who isn't afraid to make decisions, holds themselves accountable for their own success/failures as well as your role in the companies success, then this is the place where you will advance and succeed.

Cons

Some days can be very stressful and exhausting, but at then end of they day it is rewarding to know that you made things happen.

Advice to Management

Work on developing a more structured training program for new ops employees.

2. Bjs Driver

I have been working at Cowan Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A goog work atmosphere. Good salary.

Cons

Traffic. Slow detention start. Hours.

Family company, room for growth

I worked at Cowan Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at Cowan is hard working, and you can expect to get rewarded for the hard work that you put in. You are not micromanaged, you are trusted to get your job done. Very entrepreneurial company where the sky is the limit.

Cons

Every company has their cons, but there is nothing bad that would keep me from recommending a friend to work there!

Advice to Management

Implementing employee surveys to get feedback would be a great way to find out what improvements need to be made. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing!

5. Sales Manager

Former Employee - Logistics Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Logistics Sales Manager

I worked at Cowan Systems

Pros

Work environment is fun and competitive.

Cons

monotonous cold calling. little room for growth.

6. problems in avenel nj

Current Employee - Yard Jockey in Avenel, NJ
    Current Employee - Yard Jockey in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at Cowan Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

new equipment, that is about all.

Cons

Being talked down to, intimidation tactics, discrimination, favoritism,forced overtime,no raises,no sick days, double standards, and many more.

Advice to Management

It might be time to change your manager before you lose all your drivers. most of us are looking for other jobs.

7. Worst Employer on my Resume

Former Employee - "Local" Truck Driver in Howard, PA
    Former Employee - "Local" Truck Driver in Howard, PA

I worked at Cowan Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a brand new Pete.

Cons

Bottom of the pit Dispatching. Corp folks in Baltimore may have completed the 5th grade. The job was tolerable until Company lost Coca Cola accounts in PA & NY to Werner. The "local" position became running like a sleeper driver with a 10 hour break every night. The reviews on their insurance plan is true. Junk. No sick days, no personal days. Gotta work a whole year to get 5 days vacation. If you last that long, make sure you use vacation before you quit because they won't pay you for it after you leave. Never worked for Swift, Schneider, or JB Hunt, but those companies actually look "good" after you try this place.

Advice to Management

Go back and finish High School

8. RUN AWAY

I worked at Cowan Systems full-time

Pros

There are no pro's working at Cowan, no matter the office.

Cons

*No Training *Benefits are horrible and expensive ($300 a month for just you) *Money hungry *Unprofessional *When you are on call you work 14 days straight, one week of that you are no stop working 24 hours a day, up all night on the phone and then required to work your regular 8 hour shift. *No you don't get to choose not to be on call *Salary sucks *Don't plan on getting a lunch, no they don't pay for your lunch.

Second Month at the Company

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cowan Systems

Pros

Great work atmosphere to work in. Everyone is extremely in helping me become successful in this position. I surpassed the goals set for me over the first three months in the first month.

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing

There are BAD Places to work....Then there is this NITEMARE.....

I have been working at Cowan Systems

Pros

I like the title of this column..PRO'S. Not at Cowan. Been in the Trucking Business longer than I care to admit. That being said, These people do Everything and Anything they can to make a Professional Driver want to get OUT of Trucking. This Operation should be called "CLUELESS"

Cons

Con's. Thats a good one. Pretty soon that's all this operation will be able to hire .This column isn't big enough to list them. Take my word if you want. You DO NOT want to work for this Place......

Advice to Management

Giving ANY advise to these people is a WASTE of time and your breath. When they tell you the turn over isn't that bad, Why do they have to hire an outside individual to teach/coach the Dispatch and Members of the Mangement staff how to TREAT a Driver. Well that pretty much tells you all you need to know..............................

11. Horrible!!!! RUN and Don't look back if your considering the ATL office!!!!!!

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cowan Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really are no Pros to working for the ATL branch. If you are considering Kansas City or Baltimore GO FOR IT!! They offer excellent training and great people to work for!!

Cons

Old/ Broken equipment, no training, upper management makes poor decisions, overworked and undervalued. This branch has the highest turn over rate and if you accept the job you will quickly see why! If you are an over achiever you will be given false promises that will NEVER be fulfilled and at the end of the day you will be doing 2- 3 peoples jobs for the price of one. You will never be rewarded and only told to work harder, the office environment is negative and there is NO communication. GET IN AND GET OUT!! if your looking to get your foot in the door LEARN as much as you can and GET OUT!!!

Advice to Management

care more about your employees!

Cowan Systems Response

Feb 27, 2015 – VP Operations--Logistics Division

Management is here to help and I am very sorry that you feel this way. My name is Kristin Hurdle, I share in the responsibility for our Logistics Division and I am really troubled by your comments ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed