Cox Communications

Cox Communications President Pat Esser

Pat Esser

103 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Like what this Company offers

Applications Support (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Proslove the flexibility and the people that I work with. The Local markets I believe is a better environment. compensation is good for the most part. Relaxed environment and will provide the tools to get the job done. Definitely there for you when a family crises come up. doesnt turn their back on you from what I can tell.

ConsCorp ATL is more of who you know then it is on how you perform. Once you are labeled, its hard to get away from it even when you work hard to change. if you dont have a mentor or some one in management to support you, you definitely will feel alone on the island.

Great Experience

Strategic Architecture (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsIndustry Leaders and have good work ethics. Very professional environment. beautiful buildings and interiors.

ConsIf you are not a very technical person then it will be a challenge since cox communications is all about technology.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Flag Review
    Cox Communications Employment Branding Specialist responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Con that is actually a Pro! Glad you find the environment challenging and engaging.

Outstanding!

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI worked at Cox for 2.7 years and it was very pleasant and love the company values. Mr. Pat Esser the CEO always stopped you in the hallway or stopped by your desk if he was passing by to say hello and introduce himself to you. Love that family atmosphere.

ConsThe admins tend to keep to themselves, we had admin meetings but they would always sit with people they already know instead of meeting new people.

Flag Review
    So happy to read you had such and outstanding experience. I am equally impressed by the accessibility to C-Suite leadership and have enjoyed a handful of hallway encounters with Pat.
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Does anybody know what's going on?

Content Writer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood cafeteria. Heard there was a great health club - not open to contractors. The office space was designed to encourage collaboration. Except that it's hard to collaborate in a hollow silo.

ConsVery IT heavy. Have absolutely no concept of marketing, nor do they care. Cox (there are other divisions) is a privately held media conglomeration. For years, they were the only game (or the biggest game) in town after town. So the money rolled in without requiring any heavy thinking. Times have changed. But Cox hasn't. Fancy offices can't hide the fact there there is no direction to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's upper management? Where? What are they doing?

Good but not great.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits, lots of Paid Time Off.
    Very few long days.
    Good people.
    Process oriented. See cons.
    If you have the right manager, you will love it and grow.

ConsPolitics, but that comes with most big companies.
    They make software products for themselves, no need to be excellent at it, and it shows.
    People got a positions they maybe should not get. Leads to ineffective and inefficient leadership.
    They have lots of process, but they often ignore it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you spend the time to design a process, follow it.
    Put the right people in the right positions.

Senior Technical Anlayst

Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFamily friendly working environment with flex hours

ConsLong hours with often shifting priorities

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize work better

A fine company

Involved With Website Content (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of nice people who are happy to help. Lots of support, good internal clients.

ConsSometimes departments can be a little bit silod.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you've got good people there - at least in the departments I worked with. Stakeholders have excellent input, but shouldn't just tell staff - who are the experts sometimes - what to do.

Not the best environment to work in

Accountant (Former Employee)

ProsPros: Benefits (excluding salary) It is on the MARTA line

ConsCons: Politics, Favoritism, Lack of Promotion, Low pay, Long Hours, Lack of recognition, Lip service on work-life balance - not a reality.

Stressful environment, discourages individualism - must fit into their culture or you will be severely ostracized.

Extremely poor work environment. Beware -

Advice to Senior ManagementBlow the ship up and get some better people, you cant attract and retain top talent with certified idiots at the helm

Great place to work overall

Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat pay and compensation plan, bonus, PTO 401(k) and pension. Health benefits are pretty inexpensive but deductibles are pretty high if special treatment, hospital, etc is required. Excellent facilities, top notch equipment and projects to work on, and smart people to interact with on a daily basis.

ConsExecutive management really needs to ensure the directors in place are the right people for the job. Directors (and Executive Directors) in certain areas have been hired because they perhaps looked good on paper, but it was quickly discovered they were WAY over their head or had no big picture vision or direction. In most cases those people have been removed but there are a few who are still completely not the right person for the job, it's stagnating growth and development, and it's can be very frustrating to managers and direct reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive management should skip level with lower managers, and ask for SINCERE, accurate feedback and then act on that feedback.

CFC doesn't value their employees

CFC Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsBonuses for not making mistakes

ConsExpected us to reach a quota of work per day even if it was slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better managers

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Cox Communications Videos

Cox Communications – Why Work for Us?

Careers at Cox Communications Claim your seat and unleash your potential with a career at Cox today! We believe employees are our most important resource, and that's why we hire the best. It is with this belief… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.