Cox Communications

Cox Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Cox Communications President Pat Esser

Pat Esser

Pros:
  • "Decent work life balance depending upon your manager"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Benefits start right away, co workers were awesome, and nothing wrong with free cable and internet"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "High Sales Driven or a non-sales position, company closed call center"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Attainable, but sometimes at the risk of customer service"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

One of the best companies that I have worked for where the business is truely devoted to employee loyalty.

RNOC Technician (Current Employee)
    Chesapeake, VA

ProsGreat Pay!
    Opportunity for Advancement
    Great discretionary benefit package
    Flexable Shifts
    Work-life balance

ConsSometimes there can be what I consider as unfair hiring practices. Position set asides and departmental favoritism. In addition, Cox has adopted a mediocre merit pay for performance structure that is a result of unclear performance evaluations and metrics standards. There are many organizational restructurings and consolidations in order to meet the demands of a struggling economy within today business market.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop strategies to be more involved with the team.

Flag Review
    Cox Communications Employment Branding Specialist responded to this review Jun 16, 2014 EditDelete
    We are so happy to read that you are having such a positive experience in your career at Cox. We encourage you to share any feedback that you have with your manager regularly.

Must kiss butt to excel

ProsGood pay good benefits only work 4 days

ConsMust be willing to kiss butt to be promoted

Great place to work

Tech Support Customer Care (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat benefits and work environment!

ConsTypical cooperate favoritism, communication between departments need improvement

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for.

Senior Quality Specialist (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsOpportunities, benefits and training are all great at the company...including a safe location.

ConsMy department closed so I am looking both in the company and outside the company

Advice to Senior ManagementNever take your job for granted.

Great company to work for!

ProsGreat benefits and opportunities across the organization

ConsPolitical and process focused environment that sometimes prevents inventiveness

Good benefits, constant budgeting and goal setting gets old

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVested retirement after 5 yrs, good healthcare. Inclusive work environment and profit sharing. Leadership cares about the employees.

ConsConstant stress to hit the budgeted "number" determined in Atlanta, which determines your future. Then the goal setting repeats every quarter in a never ending loop. Focus is on high profit items that are low value to most customers (Landline), rather than future proofing the valuable internet service.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more aggressively in technology, before you get replaced by market disruptors like Google.

Inbound Sales Rep

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGreat work culture, tons of perks and recognition. Decent pay as well. Overall fun place to work with good products.

ConsChanging team managers wasn't always fun. Some micro manage more than others. Vacation would often jeopardize you're commission if you weren't careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack your top stars more and don't let them fall victim to the "The customer is always wright" perspective because that is not always the case.

Cox is a generous privately owned cable giant. They offer great benefits including a pension and matched 401k.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsNot high pressure most of the time. Management is open to change. Compensation is pretty competitive.

ConsA lot of unmotivated people. Quantity of projects delivered valued over quality of product. Slow for anything to happen. Not a leader or innovative.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking some risks and lead the industry instead of just responding to everyone else. Stop touting great customer experiences when they aren't very good most of the time.

Flag Review
    Thanks for your candidate response around advice to senior management. We encourage your to share feedback with your leadership regularly.

Fun place

ProsFree Cable, internet, and HBO

ConsTalking to people that hate life

Good but could be better

ProsCox is a good company. The corporate culture is great. Employees really think of it as a family atmosphere.

ConsSometimes too conservative and slow to market. trying to make extremely high margins is unrealistic in today's market. Is very reactive and not proactive to current market trends.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your own way. Be a market leader and not a follower. Comcast is blowing by you right now along with Charter. There's no reason why you shouldn't be #2.
    Stop trying to meet such high margins that are a thing of the past. Get your sales people what they need for back office support.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Cox Communications Videos

Cox Communications – Why Work for Us?

Careers at Cox Communications Claim your seat and unleash your potential with a career at Cox today! We believe employees are our most important resource, and that's why we hire the best. It is with this belief… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All 569 reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.